Trial by Fire

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Trial by Fire

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:24 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Taipion wrote:
It looks like that the "attacker" has no risk at all,

Then you are blind. The attacker risked bringing a character with waste across the map with a handful of materials to inflict strife on his foes. The amount of risk can be debated. The absence of risk though would be and out and out lie.

umm no they didnt walk across the map they use a map and port to the town we have min of 5 maps on all enemy bases we find when we lose a toon we just use a map to port a new toon in
nosfirebird

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:29 am

AudriePlanck wrote:
Goodman12 wrote:Its quite amusing that you of all people would complain about this :lol: :lol:

I do personally find it funny aswell as to how Heff Tbf'ed a person constantly in the recent months and was fine with doing it but now that someone has done it to him he wants them to change mat costs for it. I mean, even if they added steel to the cost of a TbF or something I'm sure whoever is TbF'ing him right now will still continue to spam the TbF's on him or actually blockade the TbF with a siege town.

he paid for it he wasnt constantly making a new 1 every 20 hrs since you dont need any silver in the bell. it costs only the 10 oiled no silver heff was paying the 480 silver per day to keep it going
nosfirebird

Postby Ghoul » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:27 am

nerfing NWS is clearly the only option
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:32 pm

AudriePlanck wrote:
Goodman12 wrote:Its quite amusing that you of all people would complain about this :lol: :lol:

I do personally find it funny aswell as to how Heff Tbf'ed a person constantly in the recent months and was fine with doing it but now that someone has done it to him he wants them to change mat costs for it. I mean, even if they added steel to the cost of a TbF or something I'm sure whoever is TbF'ing him right now will still continue to spam the TbF's on him or actually blockade the TbF with a siege town.

theres a difference, i place a TbF in such a way that it is protected so i only have to put it up once and the enemy has to DO something instead of placing a TbF, going afk, let it die then next day replace one somewhere else so he cant be attacked or killed
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:39 pm

Heffernan wrote:it's ok for me but not others as long as you put a wall up XD
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:52 pm

Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:it's ok for me but not others as long as you put a wall up XD

eeh anything that prevents them from putting up a wall too? exept being lazy
Heffernan

Postby grapefruitv » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:17 pm

If mortar was liftable, it would be too OP against attackers, since you would only ever have to build one.
I think mortar is good as it is. Few pieces of steel is not a high price to pay for developed towns (and you must be developed, if you have haters who would bother tbfing you).
Once you are done, you can wall it up and leave it right there, so the offender can't build his next tbf within its range.
grapefruitv

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:50 pm

grapefruitv wrote:If mortar was liftable, it would be too OP against attackers, since you would only ever have to build one.
I think mortar is good as it is. Few pieces of steel is not a high price to pay for developed towns (and you must be developed, if you have haters who would bother tbfing you).
Once you are done, you can wall it up and leave it right there, so the offender can't build his next tbf within its range.

<3
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby LOMS » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Wuw, such toxic community.

I do believe the original statement is:
10 oiled boards - it's too cheap investment for guaranteed disabling of teleportation for 20h.
I also do believe that TBF is immune to damage for first 20h, no matter how, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, since you appeal to the statement, that "developed" towns can spare some steel to remove TBF, why are you missing the fact that only developed towns are able to raid another developed towns? Why no one states that "developed towns can can invest some real resources into TBF for real siege? Because if they succeed - they'll get it back via robbing & salvaging the fallen town.
LOMS

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:37 pm

LOMS wrote:Wuw, such toxic community.

I do believe the original statement is:
10 oiled boards - it's too cheap investment for guaranteed disabling of teleportation for 20h.
I also do believe that TBF is immune to damage for first 20h, no matter how, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, since you appeal to the statement, that "developed" towns can spare some steel to remove TBF, why are you missing the fact that only developed towns are able to raid another developed towns? Why no one states that "developed towns can can invest some real resources into TBF for real siege? Because if they succeed - they'll get it back via robbing & salvaging the fallen town.

The whole point is that its not a real siege. Its a mode of harassment, which is not intended to cost "significant" resources, or at least not significant ones in relation to what the defender would pay to accelerate through the negative.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations