Trial by Fire

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Trial by Fire

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:31 am

MaxPlanck wrote:The aggressor risks nothing.

The aggressor walked a character with waste to the location of their enemies base. Which is more than the defender risked staying huddled behind their walls.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 am

JohnCarver wrote:The aggressor risked going out into the open, building the TBF in the first place, and the mats, however small or great to build it.

Really not complaining! :D
This is just a genuine question.

It looks like that the "attacker" has no risk at all,
on a normal small to mid sized base you have a belt of roughly 20 map tiles length and 4-6 map tiles width from which anyone can drop a tbf.
There is no revealing in who the "attacker" is, if done right.
There is nigh no investment/risk on the char doing it.
Neither any risk on the materials used to make it.

So as I obviously fail to see the risk for an "attacker" dropping a TbF,
I kindly ask you to enlighten me,
where is it?

[edit:]
Max beat me to it. -.-
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:43 am

Last edited by Heffernan on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:43 am

Taipion wrote:

Then you are blind. The attacker risked bringing a character with waste across the map with a handful of materials to inflict strife on his foes. The amount of risk can be debated. The absence of risk though would be and out and out lie.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:45 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Taipion wrote:

Then you are blind. The attacker risked bringing a character with waste across the map with a handful of materials to inflict strife on his foes. The amount of risk can be debated. The absence of risk though would be and out and out lie.

in the post i made up yours i pointed out why there is not a single risk

Waste is this

a few coin collections, tentacles or thornbush flowers and a whispering log and ur set. less risk then getting the reward of having someone unable to port for 24h+.
Heffernan

Postby Taipion » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:49 am

Heffernan wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
Taipion wrote:

in the post i made up yours i pointed out why there is not a single risk

Waste is this

a few coin collections, tentacles or thornbush flowers and a whispering log and ur set. less risk then getting the reward of having someone unable to port for 24h+.

You can get that with a bunch of pinecones and crucifixes if you are a tiny bit patient and let passive inspi regen work for you....
Really no need to waste valuable items on getting such an alt.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby AudriePlanck » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:53 am

The is specifically Providence speaking. I know on Concord the materials are fine as is and it is indeed a big risk to walk around with a character like that.

But you don't actually need to carry the materials around on you before starting to make the TbF. Like I mentioned before that you are able to reverse steal items onto a char via their leanto so you are risking just the char and not the mats.

The char can find a good spot to setup the TbF, then log out and you will put the mats onto the char and then build it really quickly and run directly away from the enemy base.
AudriePlanck

Postby Darwoth » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:26 am

its hilaious to me that for years when i get a retard TBFing me i either destroy the town or live with the tbf on me if i dont have time/motivation to destroy the attack bell. yet now all the losers who thought they were real hot **** for doing nothing more than exactly what they are now complaining about are...... now complaining about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

you ***** are in for a real world of **** when i get back to providence, that i promise each and every one of you.
Darwoth

Postby Goodman12 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 am

Heffernan wrote:
yup, idc i can remove it in 20h, the point is they shouldnt be spammable unless you are manly enough to actually raid something.

((this is in NO way a QQ just a general idea to increase its cost wich should have been done long ago))

Its quite amusing that you of all people would complain about this :lol: :lol:
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby AudriePlanck » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:30 am

Goodman12 wrote:Its quite amusing that you of all people would complain about this :lol: :lol:

I do personally find it funny aswell as to how Heff Tbf'ed a person constantly in the recent months and was fine with doing it but now that someone has done it to him he wants them to change mat costs for it. I mean, even if they added steel to the cost of a TbF or something I'm sure whoever is TbF'ing him right now will still continue to spam the TbF's on him or actually blockade the TbF with a siege town.
AudriePlanck

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations