Concord Update-Statue Marble

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:44 pm

Greetings Salemites,
As promised, we have made an attempt at more closely monitoring the progress and status of this expedition. From things such as stall price changes, increasing exploration events, to implementing less-than-cannon conflict objects we are trying our best to modify the expedition so that it does not turn into Popham in terms of both time, and excitement. So far I would say that the general feel is 'pleased' at how it is so far progressing, there have been plenty of murders, lots of raided bases, and thousands of crimes making Concord the conflict-based server we wanted it to be. I wish more changes could be done without the need to alter an active competition, but the pros of changing the current expedition to meet the desired effects still seem to outweigh the cons in waiting until an entirely new expedition to try something new.

The latest change is that all the statues now have a 16x16 grid of Marble around them. Players who have found them 'early' and have built on the marble have the grandfathered bonus having stuff there. New Marble cannot be built on (subject to change at a moments notice as we continue to ponder if a 16x16 neutral grid around the statue is a good thing).

The goal was that by 30 days in all the statues would have evidence of 'dibs' on them. As of writing this message Marp has informed me that this is not the case. While multiple statues are of course politically 'owned', at least one is not. I can only assume that the difficulty in locating the statues is still a bit too hard for a competitive faction, or even some of the factions I've spoken to who 'would' be competitive if they felt it was more reasonable they could find one. So keep your eyes on your minimaps if you are one of the statue hunters and Good Luck!
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Concord Update-Statue Marble

Postby Judaism » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:58 pm

Good change, bit sad it ruined some unfinished signs on the spot tho. But yeah finding the statues remains very difficult and the sense that you might have missed it on one random map load or simply passed it without noticing would suck.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:02 pm

another utterly stupid change that not only completely trivializes the search and is unfair to those who spent a week scouting the locations in 1 tile paths to not miss it but is yet another significant gamechanger done after the fact which should have been ironed out and announced before the server began.

you do not ***** with an active competition every few days unless you are attempting to influence the outcome.
Darwoth

Postby Heffernan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:07 pm

Darwoth wrote:another utterly stupid change that not only completely trivializes the search and is unfair to those who spent a week scouting the locations in 1 tile paths to not miss it but is yet another significant gamechanger done after the fact which should have been ironed out and announced before the server began.

you do not ***** with an active competition every few days unless you are attempting to influence the outcome.

also thanks for the update JC.
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Darwoth wrote:you do not ***** with an active competition every few days unless you are attempting to influence the outcome.

And as stated. We are absolutely attempting to influence the outcome of this expedition via things like how much conflict, how many crimes, how quickly statues are captured, how easily they trade hands etc. etc. etc. If you want a static ruleset during expeditions I would come back in a few years as I'm not prepared to even promise when this one is done the next one won't also be a sea of change if we see things progressing in ways we don't like.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:29 pm

its ultimately not a big deal like the rest of the garbage you have thrown in. just more lipstick on a pile of ****. i am merely pointing out the fact this is more nonsensical ***** like a long list of other **** you have done. currently i am just kicking my heels together watching this trainwreck unfold to see what new set of special rules get added until it is completely impossible for anyone not in a ***** to win.

i dont care what a "few years" from now entails as i have already mentioned this is my final go around for expeditions after seeing the disaster that this one is unfold and the clown ass amateur way it has been handled from the beginning. once this one is over i will spend a few weeks ***** on those i dont like on providence before kicking rocks for good.

the game under your direction has become nothing but a time wasting grindfest, and you continually undermine the time investment of your playerbase after they put it in because you have no respect for them.

i found 5 of the statues in the first week between my wife and i, we ran in 1 tile wide widths as that is what is required to make sure you do not miss them, gee sure would of been ***** nice if i could of spotted the pads from a minimap away instead and invested that time into progression instead. what a joke.
Darwoth

Postby Heffernan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:30 pm

Darwoth wrote:its ultimately not a big deal like the rest of the garbage you have thrown in. just more lipstick on a pile of ****. i am merely pointing out the fact this is more nonsensical ***** like a long list of other **** you have done. currently i am just kicking my heels together watching this trainwreck unfold to see what new set of special rules get added until it is completely impossible for anyone not in a ***** to win.

i dont care what a "few years" from now entails as i have already mentioned this is my final go around for expeditions after seeing the disaster that this one is unfold and the clown ass amateur way it has been handled from the beginning. once this one is over i will spend a few weeks ***** on those i dont like on providence before kicking rocks for good.

the game under your direction has become nothing but a time wasting grindfest, and you continually undermine the time investment of your playerbase after they put it in because you have no respect for them.

i found 5 of the statues in the first week between my wife and i, we ran in 1 tile wide widths as that is what is required to make sure you do not miss them, gee sure would of been ***** nice if i could of spotted the pads from a minimap away instead and invested that time into progression instead. what a joke.

Heffernan

Postby nosfirebird » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:32 pm

Darwoth wrote:its ultimately not a big deal like the rest of the garbage you have thrown in. just more lipstick on a pile of ****. i am merely pointing out the fact this is more nonsensical ***** like a long list of other **** you have done. currently i am just kicking my heels together watching this trainwreck unfold to see what new set of special rules get added until it is completely impossible for anyone not in a ***** to win.

you cant be married to your hand sorry to break your bubble ;)
nosfirebird

Postby Darwoth » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:35 pm

a piece of ***** that lives off of welfare and plays 20 hours a day making such a statement is the definition of irony.

i do not need a team, i need a game that is not tainted with 4 years of dev corruption.

such as pater nosters recent several million worth of free dev power defense upgrades for example:

Darwoth

Postby Reviresco » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 pm

Darwoth wrote:a piece of ***** that lives off of welfare and plays 20 hours a day making such a statement is the definition of irony.

i do not need a team, i need a game that is not tainted with 4 years of dev corruption.

such as pater nosters recent several million worth of free dev power defense upgrades for example:

I asked for a rock with a claymore stuck in it (Just a silly RP sword in the stone thing for my main base) one time as my dream Christmas gift, with the backup, realistic request of 20 wrought iron (which is what I got, and was happy). I didn't know you could get a few billion silver's worth of terraforming done. :lol:
Reviresco

Next

Return to Announcements