Patch 2.2.3 Throwing a Bone

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.2.3 Throwing a Bone

Postby Taipion » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 pm

Ghoul wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:Can we got into System Chat info how many insp regen when wakeup ? (sometime loading more longer then msg...)

+1

You can have an alt nearby and watch with it how you wake up, if you really want to see. :D
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Adelewhy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:09 pm

Black screened a couple of times while porting thanks to all the extra things loading from afar. :(
Adelewhy

Postby Taipion » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:16 pm

Adelewhy wrote:Black screened a couple of times while porting thanks to all the extra things loading from afar. :(

I had no real impact yet and that surprised me a bit,
but I guess there are many who can just run Salem smoothly with the old render radius, which puts them at a disadvantage now in several ways.

@JC:
Did you run any performance benchmark of sorts, testing how much the higher range impacts client fps like... in the wilds and in densely built town areas?
I'd be really curious to know how much of a difference it is.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ghoul » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 pm

We need a texture pack with lower res textures for buildings and fruit trees if this is how it will be from now on.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby gorniksam » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:12 am

why turn it into months?
gorniksam

Postby rodneymillerpca » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 am

Since the patch I have two oddities. Not sure if related or not. As I walk around some map sections are not loading right. (Example: All the tree,s and/or pick ups, and/or critters stay white and not show texturing. Appears to be random with no specific terrain or item. Also I have upped one level of madness that if I understand the graphics at the top is here and gone at random. I have done nothing on the list to add madness. Also have not seen any hanging people unless one is in province and I did not notice.
Youth are our best investment. Invest in them wisely to yield the best return.
rodneymillerpca

Postby Adelewhy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:32 am

MarpTarpton wrote:
gustavohvg wrote:There is an issue with the grapes on the fences - some potato PC's will struggle to handle them, causing extreme FPS lag (

This is very surprising to me. So far as vertex count is concerned, they aren't even comparable to trees. Does it happen when there are grapes on the vine or also the vine without grapes?

Taipion wrote:How about players developing a resistance to stings (getting stung less and/or for less damage) based on how many stings they received (and evaded) in the last 2 weeks or so?

Please shush :) If you convince him to add biological resistances, he will be honor-bound to return to his original idea of 2% of all characters being allergic to bees based solely on RNG at the time of creation which will be a short-lived and incurable reaction upon getting stung that will result in death. There is a hat in the works to help prevent damage associated with handling bees.

I suggest that we have a once the week event where the person who inspires JC to code troll worthy game aspects be fixed to a wagon wheel in town and slapped repeatly by everyone. You could make it similiar to the effects of whipping but make the person beg a little. Those slapping could get a small law and lore boost since we're dealing out a punishment. Just a thought....
Adelewhy

Postby Lusewing » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:24 am

Only once did we manage to stock JC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZtNQNcTsDI

and that was almost 3 years ago.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby maxsprite » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:56 am

John, could you add the timer from the last moment when you've changed the craving food, please.
maxsprite

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:53 pm

maxsprite wrote:John, could you add the timer from the last moment when you've changed the craving food, please.

What do you mean by this?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements