Expidition map(s)

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Expidition map(s)

Postby Ronch » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:51 am

I just started playing this game about a month ago, even though I've had it installed on my PC for over a year.
Meaning, I have not taken the opportunity to join any of this game's expedition adventures yet.
...I didn't want to post this in the forum's help section because of hawk-eye-Dallane's vigilance, and of course I don't need help either, I just only have a simple question or two questions actually.

I was reading on another thread here that the Concord server's map is smaller than the Providence server's map is.
I can understand why, but it raised a question in me.
But, I have to preface what I ask with; I like the larger map on Providence because obviously it's easier, much easier to obscure your homestead's location.
...And, eventually, hopefully sooner than later I would like to give one of the game's next expeditions a try, it sounds like folks are having a lot of fun on it.

My question is how much smaller is the Concord map compared to the Providence server's map ?
...And, are or will all of the game's expedition' maps past and future be smaller than Providence's map too ?
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Re: Expidition map(s)

Postby Judaism » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:49 am

I think the current expedition map is around 1/8 or so, not entirely sure but you can think around that size. That point aside, the map size was a very heavily discussed thing. The current expedition has just a friction of the previous in terms of sheer players and most people voted for a smaller map to force more interaction. The developers have not done this, the darkness remains fairly vast and it will still take rather long to explore most of it.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:27 am

Concord is a fair bit smaller than Popham was.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Ronch » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks for the quick answers Judaism and Mr Carver.
1/8th doesn't seem to bad, I think I can play in that with out to much paranoia. :P
Any smaller than that though and it will be iffy for me personally, I guess I'll see and decide when that time comes.
Ronch

Postby gustavohvg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:37 pm

I'ld estimate that it's 2 times smaller in the horizontal line and 4 times smaller in the vertical line making it 8 times smaller.

It has a bunch of great lakes and great mountains too, where players can't settle, and finally, 99% of the server isn't on twilight or darkness (which makes 50% of the map).

Lastly, a relevant amount of people is actively searching for statues or people to raid with the easier raiding system, meaning that there are much more people walking randomly in the map

So yes you will occasionally see players while in the wilds. And yes some people will see your base. And yes you can't make unclaimed timber piles cause someone will destroy it. The server is not safe mainly because the community asked that way and it's a good thing.
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby Rifmaster » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Should be even smaller.
Rifmaster

Postby Ronch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Thanks gustavohvg , and Rifmaster.
Ronch

Return to City upon a Hill