about Salvaging...

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: about Salvaging...

Postby Taipion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:39 am

Dallane wrote:-1 bad idea as usual.

Thanks for the bump, I expected nothing less of you! :P
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:40 am

Taipion wrote:

Must be hard up to actually be happy for someone to bump a **** thread after a few hours.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:41 am

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:

Must be hard up to actually be happy for someone to bump a **** thread after a few hours.

Why don't you prove how smart you are by throwing in some actual arguments about this threads OP instead of simply saying it's bad?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:13 am

A **** idea will always be a **** idea. More bumps just means more ppl get the chance to see you; Taipon, as a bad idea poster and will just not bother responding anymore even if they somehow get the thought in their head to read another idea of yours.

Anyway;

Taipion wrote:Mines:
Due to being unable to secure anything in a mine with a claim, and the claim covering the mine not counting for the inside, anyone being able to get inside a mine has the option to salvage everything inside.
Now you say, just properly secure your mines, and otherwise you'd need greek fire to destroy anything in a mine if you need to... well, I liked it better that way, so that's that.

Greek fire is for raiding. You still need greek fires for claimed goods. Salvaging is for non-raiding. You still need salvaging for unclaimed goods. Yes. Good.???..?

Taipion wrote:Walls, houses and structures in general:
If found without a claim, any of these otherwise highly resilient objects is gone within a few seconds if someone feels like it, I'm not saying it's gamebreaking but it feels odd.

I find it odd that pinocchio got aten by every single whale in the game, BOY THAT SURE DOES FEEL ODD TOO. JC YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.
I'm sorry but you are complaining about game balances with RL logic so I really don't know what better way to respond than the above.

Taipion wrote:All the free loot:
Once JC said that free loot is a bad thing, but now everything not on a claim is free salvage and free loot, and if you break into a common small or medium claim and destroy the claimstone, the base itself turns into free loot.

But is it actually free loot? Maybe "Free" for the raider. But that loot wasn't free for the builder. Yeah, idk where I'm going with this. Blame the builder for quitting the game and letting their loot get stolen willingly under the patented "Its Not Free, but if I Quit, It's Half Off" plaus.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby belgear » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:52 am

itt we whine for no reason
belgear
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 am

I'll continue to look at salvage but I do generally like it in its current form. And as for the mines. Its an intended side effect of building in mines that the structures and items there be at higher risk.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Kim II Sung » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:00 am

JohnCarver wrote:I'll continue to look at salvage but I do generally like it in its current form. And as for the mines. Its an intended side effect of building in mines that the structures and items there be at higher risk.

what about salvaging walls spreading onto other parts? would be nice to salvage parts of our town without destroying everything else

also what about the idea of a salvage command in the townmenu so townmembers cant just salvage a whole town in 5 seconds unless the owner allows it.
Kim II Sung

Postby lachlaan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:32 am

I am certainly not entirely sure that only the pclaim owner cam salvage.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:37 pm

lachlaan wrote:I am certainly not entirely sure that only the pclaim owner cam salvage.

Anyone with waste rights can salvage on a claim.
Rifmaster

Postby Taipion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:57 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I'll continue to look at salvage but I do generally like it in its current form. And as for the mines. Its an intended side effect of building in mines that the structures and items there be at higher risk.

fair point,
unlike most of the other responses in this thread o.o
Taipion

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations