Bee-sting protection

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Bee-sting protection

Postby Ronch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 pm

gustavohvg wrote:In a few months you will be strong enough to deal with bees and this won't be an issue. Just use the bloodmoon time increasing your humours

This is true, and a good point too.

But, I am blessed in life with a lot of free time, time to devote to a game that I enjoy, so a semi-small set back like losing an almost 40 blood-humor character isn't a big deal to me.
Meaning; not many folks are in that same position of being able to adjust schedules to get the most out of their gaming-time.
Hence why I mentioned earlier on this thread that I would like to see more players joining the game and keep playing the game for longer than when the first cold snap or blood moon comes along.

...I enjoy the blood moon feature (a lot), it adds tremendously to the game's creepy avatar graphics along with the arcane witchery, and the seemingly unlimited cloak n dagger aspects of the game too.
...I enjoy the brutal unforgiving nature of survival in this game (the game is freaking awesome, period), but 3 honey-bee stings killing a player, even a new player is a bit to much from any perspective taken on it.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:47 am

I believe there is a lot of bad information in this thread. Can somebody please confirm the max amount of blood you can get bit for in a single check of a single also. I suspect it is much less than what is being improperly theorycrafted here
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby grapefruitv » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:52 am

It seems to be around 0.1 per bee to me.
grapefruitv

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:37 am

Worker bees will sting too. Empty physical bee skeps with 60k worker bees will do 10-11 blood dmg per looksie.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Ronch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:52 am

JohnCarver wrote:I believe there is a lot of bad information in this thread. Can somebody please confirm the max amount of blood you can get bit for in a single check of a single also. I suspect it is much less than what is being improperly theorycrafted here

Although I normally check my humor points before and during my daily chores on the Homestead, I cannot specifically recall what my blood-humor points were moments prior to my fatal bee stinging incident.
The character had an available total of somewhere close to 40 blood humors to the best of my recollection.
(Again I normally keep all humors completely full, so my calculations are originating from 40 blood-humors)

I was only in the game for the time it takes to tend to one turkey coop and then went towards my bee skeps to tend them too, I got through with one skep moving toward next skep and fell dead.
I actually thought a witch got me, until my game-neighbor reminded me of the last update news about bees stinging now.
This is the info provided on the update news about bee skeps: *Opening a bee skep now causes pilgrims to get stung. The severity of the sting is proportionate to the number of bees in the skep.

...I keep 9 worker bees and one queen per skep. Anyone should be able to do the math from there.
Can somebody please point out my "bad information" or "improperly theorycrafted information" shared here ?
Last edited by Ronch on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ronch

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 am

It sounds like it is around the 12 blood i balanced it for with max bees
The point being that 12 blood was actually balanced probably bit too low if anything as that should hardly be life threatening for somebody with a full bee skep of 60k bees.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Ronch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:05 am

JohnCarver wrote:It sounds like it is around the 12 blood i balanced it for with max bees
The point being that 12 blood was actually balanced probably bit too low if anything as that should hardly be life threatening for somebody with a full bee skep of 60k bees.

Thank you for your time JC, but I'm sorry I do not understand what you are trying to explain in this quote.
Could you possibly dumb it down a little for me, please ?
Ronch

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:50 am

Ronch wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:It sounds like it is around the 12 blood i balanced it for with max bees

Thank you for your time JC, but I'm sorry I do not understand what you are trying to explain in this quote.
Could you possibly dumb it down a little for me, please ?

He's saying that you shouldn't get stung for more than about 12 points of blood, which is where the max seems to be landing, so it's working as intended. And that he thinks 12 might be low and was thinking of increasing it.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Ronch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:03 am

TotalyMeow wrote:He's saying that you shouldn't get stung for more than about 12 points of blood, which is where the max seems to be landing, so it's working as intended. And that he thinks 12 might be low and was thinking of increasing it.

Thank you, I understand now.
I have to say though:
It will become an ever-growing problem in the future during blood moons.
So, now would be a good time to think about adjustments for it.
...I offered my feedback, and appreciate the attention given to it by JC, you, and my fellow players too.

BTW the game is awesome fun !
Ronch

Postby Teoki » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:19 am

Ronch wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:He's saying that you shouldn't get stung for more than about 12 points of blood, which is where the max seems to be landing, so it's working as intended. And that he thinks 12 might be low and was thinking of increasing it.

Thank you, I understand now.
I have to say though:
It will become an ever-growing problem in the future during blood moons.
So, now would be a good time to think about adjustments for it.
...I offered my feedback, and appreciate the attention given to it by JC, you, and my fellow players too.

BTW the game is awesome fun !

There is nothing to fix. You are missing the point of blood moons: instigate fear. Bee stings is just one of many things potentially catastrophic under the red moon. Use that time inside a mine.
Teoki

PreviousNext

Return to Help!