Main Died - Cant Unlock Any Gates

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Main Died - Cant Unlock Any Gates

Postby foamingowl » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:10 am

How are you able to get into your gate/house when your main dies that had the master key. I inherited everything except the keys. Any solutions? Is there a way to attune the keys to my inherited character?

To clarify, I have the master key (attuned to the deceased main) as well as the key ring.
foamingowl

Re: Main Died - Cant Unlock Any Gates

Postby Taipion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:14 am

foamingowl wrote:How are you able to get into your gate/house when your main dies that had the master key. I inherited everything except the keys. Any solutions? Is there a way to attune the keys to my inherited character?

To clarify, I have the master key (attuned to the deceased main) as well as the key ring.

No there is not, you should always have an alt with attuned master keys for that reason.

You should have an easy time though just salvaging your gates and rebuilding/relocking them.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby foamingowl » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:15 am

Do we have to destroy the whole house in order to get in?
foamingowl

Postby Taipion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:31 am

foamingowl wrote:Do we have to destroy the whole house in order to get in?

Yea, there is no way around it.

If you still have a char inside, get him out, and all valuables with it.

Furniture inside will drop if the house is destroyed, but iirc there is a bug where containers like chests may be empty that way.

So if you can, get things our safely before salvaging the house.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:53 am

foamingowl wrote:How are you able to get into your gate/house when your main dies that had the master key. I inherited everything except the keys. Any solutions? Is there a way to attune the keys to my inherited character?

HI foamingowl,
First thank you for posting support on my similar thread.

Anyway; I experienced this exact same scenario today/last night.
I either previously lost my alt that was holding the master key, simply forgot to make one, or something isn't working correctly in the inheritance feature of the game anymore.
(The key that my dead character was using did not work) I wasn't able to attune it to the inheritor, nor make any other versions of a key from it.
...This issue needs looked at by the Dev team IMO. :shock:

This is how I sorted things out:
...My new character (the inheritor) gave new homestead permissions to the other player and the several alt-characters based at this homestead.
...Rather than destroying or salvaging any existing buildings or any of the previously-locked chest on the homestead, I cleared a 5x5 area inside the base and built a pilgrim hut then placed a shiny new lock on it with an attuned key for it to the inheritor for a safer place to sleep than under the stars.
...I decided to not destroy any gates, so my inheritor is for the time being stuck inside of the homestead's inner walls, which might work out well if I train her to just cook, garden, and farm, maybe sewing later on too, and leave the other player and alts to do the outside stuff, like hunt, fish, gather, fight or explore.
The inheritor can still teleport back and forth from town when ever needed.

The only requirement for this remedy is at least one alt-character and/or another player teleported to your base.
If you need help with instructions on how to teleport new players or alt-character's to your homestead, just ask here on your thread or on a different sub-forum here.
...It's easy to explain and quick to do once the game's tutorial is finished up.

Good luck, the whole experience was a HUGE pain in the Arse ! ...the loss of my main character was less of a pain than managing through this inheritance fix was.
...Solely because of this lock issue I definitely will not be making any more purchases of gate springs from the store in the future until this issue is properly sorted out by the Dev team. :(
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby foamingowl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:58 am

This is all helpful information! We are figuring out a work around for the mean time but until then, thank you so much for all your help!

I hope one day that inheritors will be able to inherit keys!
foamingowl

Postby Ronch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:11 pm

foamingowl wrote:

+100
Yes ! ...That would quickly solve this issue.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Ronch wrote:
foamingowl wrote:

+100

That would be bad for towns.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:47 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Ronch wrote:
foamingowl wrote:

+100

That would be bad for towns.

+1
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby grimkid » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 pm

-1 for key inheritance. noobs will learn, the game is suposed to be discovered, people need to be careful. the current mechanic is good enough. also o had the same kind of problem but with a town
grimkid

Next

Return to Help!