Cant move or interact with mouse

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Cant move or interact with mouse

Postby lalllall » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Like the subjects says, since the wipe i cant either move nor interact with the mouse. Any idea how to fix this?
lalllall

Re: Cant move or interact with mouse

Postby lalllall » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Seems like the prolblem came from old client but with the other client I cant even log in.
Salem.jnlp: Can log in but cant move with mouse
salem-pdx.jnlp: Cant log in (Have tried with capital letter)
lalllall

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:19 pm

You can no longer use the old salem-pdx.jnlp to log in. (Feel free to delete it from your system.) You have to use the new client as the login protocols have changed.

I really don't know what to suggest about the mouse. :( The game is completely unplayable without one.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby lalllall » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Where do i find the new client? Has it changed since the wipe? If you go to the official salem troubleshoting faq they say that you should download the pdx-file. Guess its out of date
lalllall

Postby lalllall » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:15 pm

This is the client that lets me log in: http://plymouth.seatribe.se/java/salem.jnlp.
Could it be any kind of ingame settings that disables the right and left clicking? I can move the mouse and scroll in and out, its just the moment and the intreraction that doesnt work
lalllall

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:28 pm

lalllall wrote:Could it be any kind of ingame settings that disables the right and left clicking?

No, it's a bug, and it has been documented, but I haven't managed to figure out the cause of it. I do find it very weird that it would just have changed for you with the world reset, though. Is there anything else that you have changed on your own side in the meantime?
loftar

Postby lalllall » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 pm

No. I havent had the problem before. Both ender and regular worked fine for me until the wipe.
lalllall

Postby lalllall » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Tried with bdsalem as well now and its still not working. Also updated java, tried running as adminstrator and restarted my computer but nothing seems to work
lalllall

Postby lalllall » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 am

Suddenly it just worked. Dont know why. So if you get this problem just restart the computer a couple of times and hopefully it will work eventually
lalllall

Postby lalllall » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:20 am

And now the problem is back again. If anyone has any idea how to get this to work then I would be very glad
lalllall

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities