How can I tell what server I'm on?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

How can I tell what server I'm on?

Postby Geekyone678 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Also, the only town I ever get to go to is Providence. Can I ever go to Boston?
Geekyone678

Re: How can I tell what server I'm on?

Postby Zapt13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:48 pm

I don't play on Concord so I don't know how to best identify that server via maps, etc., but if your character was made before December 2017, you are on Providence.

Providence is the only town you can port to, references to Boston on the Wiki, for example, are left-overs from previous servers and in every case I know of substituting "Providence" works out.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Dallane » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Geekyone678 wrote:Also, the only town I ever get to go to is Providence. Can I ever go to Boston?

You can make Boston if you want lol. Servers are named for the main town you can port at. At some point that town was Boston and the tooltip just isn't updated.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Geekyone678 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:57 pm

I made a character about a week ago, just after the release of Concord. I still port to Providence though. Am I on Concord server or Providence?
Geekyone678

Postby Procne » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Geekyone678 wrote:I made a character about a week ago, just after the release of Concord. I still port to Providence though. Am I on Concord server or Providence?

When you use "go to providence" skill, and are teleported to the main town then in the center of the screen you will see "Entering XXXXX" message. The XXXXX is the name of the server
Procne

Return to Help!