[Prov] About "Food"

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

[Prov] About "Food"

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Johncarver, do you have plans to revamp foods ?

You were once talking about that.
  • you are unhappy, because players don't make gluttony session... and do not get progress, but why ?
    because you give an immensity of food recipes... many many recipes are cool but hard to make - so, that makes them usless - you should STOP supporting nolife players...
    you should focus on "ordinary" player (5-15h play per week)
    because if you still look only at extreme cases like Max when he sells 16k cotton cloth... and because of that you will not put back into stall the cricket team, then GG...

• i saw once that you want players to use not only one food group but few groups.
    then maybe you would give bonuses for that ?
    example... need to make decision about which food groups can work together and give mechanic, example
    Game Meat and Vegetables and Greens
    example when you always get gobble point from eat "Vegetables and Greens" you got bonus % for Game Meat, not mean "restore food"
    but give new variable that will have 100% (mean 0%) and each "Vegetables and Greens" give you point then give +10% permement for this gluttony seassion bonus power for Game Meat *max 300%"
    so, still need restore food, but then you player need work with diff food for max effective

For my little opinion foods are not balanced...
  • Example.

I think we need two new food groups:
    • for heal food - like trialmix etc. - useless for gluttony but good for regen
    • for restore food - restore food for gluttony session

and each group need foods for
    • 5-50 biles - 0% pure give 25 points
    • 50-150 biles - 0% pure give 75 points, same difficulty as ex. garden vegs
    • 150-300 biles - 0% pure give 150 poinrs, same difficulty as ex. deviled worts
    • 300-500 biles - 0% pure give 400 points, same difficulty as ex. Candied Oakworth Tart

• can add more rare food (with Spooky Redcap etc.) for give other way bonuses np. removing F&F or give buff for reduce - chance, example -15% : 15%, you eat before gluttony seassion this food, then -15% : 10% and oposite, food reduc to -10% :15% etc.
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Re: [Prov] About "Food"

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 pm

-1 just remove ingredients from some foods, more than 3 is too grindy
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Nikixos wrote:-1

You dared give unlike! You will burn in the flames of hell!

Nikixos wrote: just remove ingredients from some foods, more than 3 is too grindy

+1, good idea too
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:17 pm

:lol:
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:37 pm

Not a bad topic, but I am having difficulty making any adjustments with this feedback.

Every foodgroup has a trailmix variant of 'snack food'
Every foodgroup has a restore food for itself.
Almost every foodgroup has restores that restore other foodgroups.

Therefore, every foodgroup already has the very thing you are asking for.

Every foodgroup has low, medium, and difficult recipes which gives small, medium, and large amounts of biles.

NIk has a point that some recipes may be too grindy. But doesn't specifically point to any or how he woudl change it.

So in conclusion I"m left with very little to go on here.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby lachlaan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:42 pm

The issue they don't help tackle is, how would making life easier for casuals not also help nolifers as they're refered to in the OP to also progress faster?

And secondly, would throttling nolifers from taking full advantage of any mechanics aimed at newbies not cause the same sentiment that was prevalent when Jorb dropped the new gluttony system in early providence and everyone was just bummed out about all the throttling with no option to overtake it at the time.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Making some recipes much more simple or buffing their current stats is definitely a consideration.

Take for example, the berry foodgroup which still does not have a restore for it outside of the 100% 2 hour food or the candy restore.
This makes it very annoying to consider having berry foods as a main foodgroup worth delving into and some recipes such as the "Jam Sandwich" which seems like a nice food takes a glass jar per food and is only just as good as an easily craftable "Fruit" food.

I think looking over alot of recipes and rechecking over the stats(chance to reduce, base biles) vs. the effort of the ingredients is a good idea on where to get started on what to adjust whether it be the biles or the ingredients. This along with what food groups already have a fairly decent food restore, take for example that you can actually do poultry foodgroups fairly well because of garlic and garlic cloves are a simple resource used to make restores that arent taxing like the crafting of the 100% 2 hour foods in which arent all that good to begin with because ppl gluttoning don't want to wait for their efficiencies to get low enough to eat the 2 hour food and eating them at 70-85% seems like a waste.

P.S.
Nsuidara wrote:because if you still look only at extreme cases like Max when he sells 16k cotton cloth...
and because of that you will not put back into stall the cricket team, then GG...

Thank you for your kind words Nsu.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:30 pm

It's simple example
Garden Veg VS A Snake in the Grass
- Garden Veg pure from Vegetables & Green
- A Snake in the Grass pure from Vegetables & Green and meat+grass ? because vegs 89% + meat 67% dont give 44%...
they made like smilar food BUT

F&F A Snake in the Grass = 3h
when Garden Veg - 15min
reduce chance it's smillar

and really many foods it's smilar situation - and i think many recipes isn't so much uses only made for test or checking...

next
Garden Veg need Any Vegetable x2, Ostrich Fiddlehead x1, Carrot x1
A Snake in the Grass Any Vegetable x2, Timber Rattler Cut x1, Autumn Grass x6
and A Snake in the Grass got 3h F&F and only in preview 20 points more gluttony

ofc. i'm not asking about nerf Garden Veg etc. but buff other foods :P
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:53 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:take for example that you can actually do poultry foodgroups fairly well because of garlic and garlic cloves are a simple resource used to make restores that arent taxing like the crafting of the 100% 2 hour foods in which arent all that good to begin with because ppl gluttoning don't want to wait for their efficiencies to get low enough to eat the 2 hour food and eating them at 70-85% seems like a waste.

This

Atm i feel like gluttony is just hopping between shellfish, game meats, and poultry (maybe domestic too now idk), while a lot of food groups are just too tedious to make and are just never used, along with the fact that they don't have restore foods.

The 100% restore foods are just trash compared to garlic and peppers
Also perhaps the difference between making foods with the worst type of raw ingredient from a group and the best should be bigger, by that I mean that bear meat should give even more than rabbit meat and such, to further promote people using game meats for blood, shellfish for yb, etc. Atm you can just use the same food group for everything with very minor disadvantages
Rifmaster

Postby gustavohvg » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:49 am

Hmm I like to have grindy and difficult foods in-game so I can skip them, choose carefully my glutony, and feel smart when my decisions works.

Yes you need to spend a good time at the wiki but once you made your mind things can go smootly.

Some kind of automatic gobbling would be great though - it's not nice to click 1080 times to give a char some humours
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations