black screen after login

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Re: black screen after login

Postby Mah-Dry-Bread » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Hey, that worked! Thanks!

Recap of what I did: Downloaded the program "Private Tunnel", signed up and logged in, and connected to their "New York" server as it was closest to me here in Toronto. After that I was able to log into Salem without any issue.

*EDIT*

Nevermind, that didn't work as well as I first thought. It let me log in once, then while I went to type this, it logged me out and just gets stuck on "Authenticating" every time I try to log into the game now.

*EDIT EDIT*

I tried yet another server and now I was able to log in but when I hit "New Character", The music started and I was given the UI, but the game itself is just a black screen that says "Loading". Is it normal for this to take longer than 5 full minutes? I've got 100mbs download speed and a computer that renders and streams HD 1080p video at 10mbs, so I don't think it's my internet or computer slowing it down. I think something might still not be working right.
Your quasi-entertaining host as always.
Mah-Dry-Bread

Postby Kandarim » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:13 pm

it's very possible that that tunnel is throttling your speed.
That said, I've never experienced issues directly connecting to the server.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Mah-Dry-Bread » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:18 pm

I have now given up on PrivateTunnnel. Not only does it hardly work for me, but it's disconnecting constantly and seems to have an absolutely tiny limit of data that it's put on me.

Does anyone have any other solutions?
Mah-Dry-Bread

Postby LOMS » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:53 pm

You need to download a plenty of game assets (about 70-80M to start and +50M while you playing). So be patient.

Anyway, that's a strange connection problem. Aaand I can replicate it on purpose by changing my routers (hardware). Think I should try to lend a hand to developers to solve this problem.
LOMS

Postby Qee » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:09 pm

same prob black screen
Qee

Postby Mah-Dry-Bread » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:14 pm

LOMS wrote:You need to download a plenty of game assets (about 70-80M to start and +50M while you playing). So be patient.

Anyway, that's a strange connection problem. Aaand I can replicate it on purpose by changing my routers (hardware). Think I should try to lend a hand to developers to solve this problem.

I don't think downloading assets and not waiting long enough was the issue. The program made my internet crash multiple times while trying to use it. It wasn't stable on my computer.

*EDIT* I've since tried PrivateTunnel again and after many attempts of disconnecting and reconnecting, I finally got it to work, however the connection is shaky at best. At least this narrows down the issue. I can't connect without using a proxy. Any ideas on how this can be fixed?
Mah-Dry-Bread

Postby nuty » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 pm

thats ****... still no fix for that?
nuty

Postby Andromedan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:57 pm

nuty wrote:thats ****... still no fix for that?

Apparently not.

When I login on my laptop or PC from my gf's house, I sometimes have to wait 10-20 minutes before I can choose a character to play. It's logged in, but not showing the character screen. At my place, everything works fine. So, I guess it's an ISP issue for me.
Andromedan

Postby pestilence123 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:42 pm

same prob black screen...
pestilence123

Postby gustavohvg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:38 pm

This topic here seems to be more appropriate (it seems it has to do with the last update): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20178
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Technicalities