Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Salem: Drunk with Power <Concord Server>

Postby lachlaan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:45 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Concord can do no more than 300 events a season. Then a good % of those would misfire. Meaning i would say 100-150 events are possible each season. But the question is are 'all' corners of the map really going to be scoured or are pilgrims generally taking the same path? I suspect that is the case as so far there have been more than 10 and less than 20 events. The reality being that I believe the explorer is going to feel like he is finding less events because odds are he is traveling the same areas as other players.

The size of the map otherwise has no impact on it though.

Any chance you can also look at how many events were triggered successfully? I'm dubious about your estimates xD This won't be a weekly sort of thing, just wondering how the mechanic scales with the map size in reality, once should suffice to show wether it's working in a healthy way or not.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:58 pm

You are correct it fell significantly lower than my expectation. I am pondering how much I want to break down the exploration code at the moment this close to the patch.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Archibald » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Am I blind or there is no firearms seller in Concord? What's the deal with that?

Also I encountered a tree with a hanging man, i did cut the tree down but nothing actually dropped. Did anyone else encountered that? I had just bad luck, is it bugged or maybe it suppose to be like this and you can't get anything from the hanging man (don't judge me, just saying that if he actually had anything he wouldn't need it anymore)
Archibald

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Archibald wrote:Am I blind or there is no firearms seller in Concord? What's the deal with that?

Also I encountered a tree with a hanging man, i did cut the tree down but nothing actually dropped. Did anyone else encountered that? I had just bad luck, is it bugged or maybe it suppose to be like this and you can't get anything from the hanging man (don't judge me, just saying that if he actually had anything he wouldn't need it anymore)

You need a certain skill to interact with event.
I suggest browsing forums a bit better next time.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Is there mayhap a thought to reworking digging anytime soon in the coming weeks/month's? Or is it still completely shelved while you work on other things.
[Besides the recent change to how items are obtained via digging; clay, grub, etc.]
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:47 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Is there mayhap a thought to reworking digging anytime soon in the coming weeks/month's? Or is it still completely shelved while you work on other things.
[Besides the recent change to how items are obtained via digging; clay, grub, etc.]

grubs ;-;
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:10 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Is there mayhap a thought to reworking digging anytime soon in the coming weeks/month's? Or is it still completely shelved while you work on other things.

What more would you like to see changed on it?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 am

Would be nice to have soil digging affecting speed once again. I know right now steel shovel gives 35% digging ticks so thats 3 ticks(+1 hidden tick starting at 0%) aswell. So 4 ticks to dig in total.

Possibly a nerf to digging at its base to have wooden shovel at 10%, metal shovel at 15%, and steel shovel at 20% for starters to make room for soil digging speed factors.

Something along the lines of;

Steel Shovel(no soil digging) (6 ticks in total)
>
+250 Soil Digging = 25% tick (5 ticks in total)
+500 Soil Digging = 35% tick (4 ticks in total) [This is the current state of steel shovels]
+750 Soil Digging = 50% tick (3 ticks in total)
+1000 Soil Digging = 100% tick (2 ticks in total)

There would be no point in smaller increments between these numbers as the total ticks is reduced in each category by 1.
I would really like to be able to dig on one character efficiently compared to having to always dig on 3+ characters to get the same effect which is very tasking on me as a player trying to jump between clients and control all that, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another idea of soil digging if you think that digging that fast is still too much even if the player is wearing a +1000 soil digging set would be to allow players to carry more dirt over their head via the soil digging stat.

Base carriable dirt is 15 kg with the digging skill learned.

Ex:
Every +50 Soil Digging = +1 kg of dirt

So at +1000 Soil Digging = +20 kg of dirt [Total of 35 kg per stack]
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:41 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Would be nice to have soil digging affecting speed once again. I know right now steel shovel gives 35% digging ticks so thats 3 ticks(+1 hidden tick starting at 0%) aswell. So 4 ticks to dig in total.

Possibly a nerf to digging at its base to have wooden shovel at 10%, metal shovel at 15%, and steel shovel at 20% for starters to make room for soil digging speed factors.

Something along the lines of;

Steel Shovel(no soil digging) (6 ticks in total)
>
+250 Soil Digging = 25% tick (5 ticks in total)
+500 Soil Digging = 35% tick (4 ticks in total) [This is the current state of steel shovels]
+750 Soil Digging = 50% tick (3 ticks in total)
+1000 Soil Digging = 100% tick (2 ticks in total)

There would be no point in smaller increments between these numbers as the total ticks is reduced in each category by 1.
I would really like to be able to dig on one character efficiently compared to having to always dig on 3+ characters to get the same effect which is very tasking on me as a player trying to jump between clients and control all that, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another idea of soil digging if you think that digging that fast is still too much even if the player is wearing a +1000 soil digging set would be to allow players to carry more dirt over their head via the soil digging stat.

Base carriable dirt is 15 kg with the digging skill learned.

Ex:
Every +50 Soil Digging = +1 kg of dirt

So at +1000 Soil Digging = +20 kg of dirt [Total of 35 kg per stack]

So make it worse to force yet another outfit? What a great idea, especially for new players or expeditions when we get to drudge thru the mess that resulted from nerfs because of higher skill players.
Tulgarath

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:41 am

I think i like fluctuating dirt globs. Will consider.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements