Patch 2.1.0: Warming up the Masons

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.1.0: Warming up the Masons

Postby JohnCarver » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Taipion wrote:
Noted.

It's your game after all and you can do what you see fit, giving as much use of QnQ between feastings/cravings as you deem balanced.

There though is one single point that has not been brought up at least in this thread.

The total neglect of gluttony is, in certain situations, the preferred and probably most efficient way.
Simply where you made an alt and brought it up to the required humor lvl for a certain task, after which a further increase in humors would not be beneficial, yet, costly.

This could be alts like thief or basher, but just as well alts for mundane tasks like mining, boards or cotton.
All of these alts would be happy to use QnQ not to gain inspi but simply to use the restorative power of tea, broth and the like,
but likely won't see much of a feasting or even fulfilled cravings after reaching a certain point,
as the benefit of higher humors does not justify the cost of raising them in this case.

Is this also intended, or should there be a distinction between using QnQ for inspiration gain and other uses of QnQ?

Fair, but this is why I gave you (4) buffs worth of Q&Q for satisfying a craving. If you choose to keep on auto-pilot then the intent is that you get '4' swigs of a drink potion between cravings. If you want more than that, then you unfortunately have to glutton, or visit the appropriate mason lodge floor.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:43 pm

JohnCarver wrote:or visit the appropriate mason lodge floor.

Which floor number do you mean? :P
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby yuukki » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:33 am

Taipion wrote:

Floor 7
⛧ Grand Witch of the Fifth Circle ⛧
yuukki

Postby Dallane » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:39 am

yuukki wrote:
Taipion wrote:

Floor 7

No its 17
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby yuukki » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:47 am

Dallane wrote:
No its 17

rip so close. I had one at 16 but failed and was destroyed, two more at 13 and 15 planning on upgrading soon!
⛧ Grand Witch of the Fifth Circle ⛧
yuukki

Postby Dallane » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:19 am

yuukki wrote:
Dallane wrote:
No its 17

rip so close. I had one at 16 but failed and was destroyed, two more at 13 and 15 planning on upgrading soon!

OMG SO CLOSE! Watch out for the illuminated ones right before the knight alter.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MarpTarpton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:10 am

Kind of an update - due to an issue with the map generation, fruit trees didn't spawn in quite the way we wanted, so I dumped a bunch around town and will continue to do so periodically when I feel like it if it's necessary.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Archibald » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Today I finally got a trade order I could fulfil and managed to buy the masonic toolkit. Had no clue what to do with it, was in the lodge (kitchen secton), was hoping to pass the doors but I couldn't. It didn't take long for me to figure I should use it on my apprentice's necklace so that's what I did...and I lost it, lost both of the items, didn't get any message, not sure what happened, yes, I did check every single spot in my inventory and also nothing dropped on the ground. Guess that's a bug or am I missing something?
Archibald

Postby grapefruitv » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:47 pm

That is supposed to happen. When you use toolkit on your necklace it has a chance of upgrading to the next level. If it doesn't, it just breaks (disappears) and you have to start over with a new necklace.
grapefruitv

Postby Archibald » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks
I just didn't see any message about necklace breaking and didn't hear any sound indicating that (but maybe I just missed I got sounds set very low) so I was a bit confused and wasn't sure if there is a chance of breaking or if it actually did something or that it may be bugged. Guess it's a good idea to add some feedback in one of the future patches.

Also, is there any other way to get IOU's than doing trade orders? I know a lot of people is really advanced at this point but still some people seem to have tons of them
Archibald

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements