Patch 2.1.0: Warming up the Masons

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Patch 2.1.0: Warming up the Masons

Postby Zapt13 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:24 pm

But if your objective is to beat the FFU timer to reach another gluttony in order to lower Q&Q, then which potion will you spam?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Taipion » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:35 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Taipion wrote:
Should have read "nigh nothing" instead of "less".

Have you considered that higher lvl chars can only drink about 2 flasks per day due to these changes?
(assuming frequent gluttoning AND doing 1 craving per day)

Indeed. Having 20+ buffs inbetween your gluttony rotations seems infinitely more balanced than the 200+ it was before as well as having the bonus added effect of making you choose the higher potions if for no other reason than to conserve Q&Q space.

That also means the use of small refreshers on new chars is severely limited,
and that some of my chars will stay around their 10k+ FnF for like...forever.

I have to test this through in detail, but on first look it seems pretty unbalanced now.

My first thought to QnQ and feasting is, that the QnQ removed should increase with points achieve, and not be linearly equivalent.

[edit:]
Rifmaster wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
Taipion wrote:
Should have read "nigh nothing" instead of "less".

Have you considered that higher lvl chars can only drink about 2 flasks per day due to these changes?
(assuming frequent gluttoning AND doing 1 craving per day)

Indeed. Having 20+ buffs inbetween your gluttony rotations seems infinitely more balanced than the 200+ it was before as well as having the bonus added effect of making you choose the higher potions if for no other reason than to conserve Q&Q space.

Isn't the main drink that fills Q&Q tea and not potions? Atleast make tea fill less Q&Q :(

Also this sounds reasonable in the light of severely nerfed QnQ reduction, or better said, to weight different drinks in the QnQ they give according to their value.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 pm

I would sooner adjust the buff effects up to make them worthy of the qq they consume.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Why is Q&Q a thing anyway?
Rifmaster

Postby Taipion » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:33 pm

Rifmaster wrote:Why is Q&Q a thing anyway?

JC saw that people neglected gluttony, some even at the beginning of their journey, many after reaching certain heights.
And so JC devised a plan to ...."encourage" people to continuously make use of gluttony, hence we got QnQ.

...and now we got more QQ than would be good. :lol:
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:13 pm

Taipion wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:Why is Q&Q a thing anyway?

JC saw that people neglected gluttony, some even at the beginning of their journey, many after reaching certain heights.
And so JC devised a plan to ...."encourage" people to continuously make use of gluttony, hence we got QnQ.

...and now we got more QQ than would be good. :lol:

Wow that's so ***** stupid...
Why is it bad that players neglect gluttony? They are the ones deciding that more biles arent necessary, why would you add a new little annoying thing to the game...
I guess the reason is that JC just wants new things in the game all the time, regardless of whether they contribute to the game or just make it more annoying.
Rifmaster

Postby Heffernan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:16 pm

the Q&Q system rework is entirely criippling older players, a friend of me has very high Natural Philosophy and spams 150k potions shedwise and now he cant do that anymre until he gluttons every 2-3 days on a Titan char wich isnt even possible.
Heffernan

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:23 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I would sooner adjust the buff effects up to make them worthy of the qq they consume.

even Butterbug Refresher ? Rubbery Mescaline Refresher ? Sweet'n'Thorny Refresher ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Taipion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:37 am

Heffernan wrote:the Q&Q system rework is entirely criippling older players, a friend of me has very high Natural Philosophy and spams 150k potions shedwise and now he cant do that anymre until he gluttons every 2-3 days on a Titan char wich isnt even possible.

I see that as a problem, too, except JC intends to nerf the use of inspi potions at higher lvls. ¦]

How will this effect raiding?
I heard meat broth is pretty popular among raiders.
Taipion

Postby Heffernan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:45 am

thi sums it up

people will take years now to get professions unless its reverted.
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements