Do we have a guide for this? Killed by a bunny - LOL

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Do we have a guide for this? Killed by a bunny - LOL

Postby Opallaur » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:49 pm

So I watched the "How to Hunt" you tube video (twice!!) and tried to kill a bunny - it didn't quite go the same way it did for the guy in the video.

I ran out of yellow bile - the bunny was relentless in following me and making sure I died a humiliating death.

So what advice can you give me to make sure I get the better of the bunny next time?

If anyone in game asks I will say it was the "Holy grail" bunny :D :D
Opallaur

Re: Do we have a guide for this? Killed by a bunny - LOL

Postby Ofisat » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Hey, getting higher biles with gluttony or the craving system helps. More HP with the red bar, more damage with the yellow bar. Furthermore, always get your yellow/red bar level filled up to the maximum before going in combat.

As for rabbits, just stomping works well(http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Stomp). Stomping has a bit of range. If you come near the rabbit, it jumps away without aggroing you. If you notice it running back to you again, you can stomp it when in your range, and its dead immediately.

As for other animals later on, this old guide helps: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12911
Ofisat
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:33 pm

The easiest way to kill a bunny (or a snake) is to aggro one from a distance using a sling, then start stomp when it is running towards you. Stomp has some delay so you have to initiate stomp when it is some 3-4 tiles away.
Also, place all attacks on the hotbar so you can access these with a keyboard shortcut.
Chrumps

Postby Nikixos » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Check my playlists first video i end up hunting crickets and rabbits at the end of it.
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Opallaur » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:11 pm

do you have any numbers for how much my yellow bile should be? (am I looking at 15? 20? 25??) I watched the video with the sling shot and stomp technique - it just didn't quite work for me as I was too low I guess.
Opallaur

Postby grimkid » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 am

with 20-30 biles you will be safe
grimkid

Postby Kandarim » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 am

grimkid wrote:with 20-30 biles you will be safe

... but it's perfectly possible to beat rabbits and crickets with 5 biles and some practice. Don't sweat it, but don't take anything important on practice trips (and make sure to study up so you don't lose a lot of inspiration by dieing).
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Lihz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 am

Chrumps wrote:The easiest way to kill a bunny (or a snake) is to aggro one from a distance using a sling, then start stomp when it is running towards you. Stomp has some delay so you have to initiate stomp when it is some 3-4 tiles away.
Also, place all attacks on the hotbar so you can access these with a keyboard shortcut.

This. And 10 biles should do for an experienced hunter (even less, down to 5-7). 15-20 should suffice for an inexperienced one for rabbits/crickets. 15-20 will do for an experienced beaver hunter, while 40-45 would be "safe" (if you get them 1 at a time. Remember the beaver dance will aggro nearby ones). 40-45 for an experienced hunter will be enough for 3-4 beavers though, even at once. Shoot/stump/punch is your friend in these combats (early on - later, roundhouse kick is awesome).
Lihz
Customer

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:10 pm

I'm guessing you watched my Hunting tutorial, I believe I had around 10-15 humours. Make sure you're checking that you are fully healed before entering combat too
Paradoxyc
Customer

Return to Help!