Hypothermia!

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Hypothermia!

Postby SammyWeston » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:46 pm

Yes I was cursing and that's my right. It is also your right not to accept my feed back, but it is not only me that has expressed concerns on this feature which you shrugged off with misdirection and accusations. So do with it what you will, but I will no longer be playing this game. I do still wish my accounts to be deleted. Have a good one!
SammyWeston

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 pm

SammyWeston wrote:Yes I was cursing and that's my right. It is also your right not to accept my feed back, but it is not only me that has expressed concerns on this feature which you shrugged off with misdirection and accusations. So do with it what you will, but I will no longer be playing this game. I do still wish my accounts to be deleted. Have a good one!

lmao
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:49 pm

SammyWeston wrote:Yes I was cursing and that's my right. It is also your right not to accept my feed back, but it is not only me that has expressed concerns on this feature which you shrugged off with misdirection and accusations. So do with it what you will, but I will no longer be playing this game. I do still wish my accounts to be deleted. Have a good one!

To be fair you are the very first person to complain and not figure it out after the latest patch just gave players a multitude of ways to counteract it on top of the multitude of ways they had to counteract it. I think thats why everybody is so entertained right now. You are literally the walking embodiment of the question "Will anybody in the world even have a problem with this mechanic now that we made it so easy". Our concern was that small children under the age of 10 were able to get through it. But you just confirmed it was a developmental success as it is at least providing some value in filtering out the bottom 1% of players.

As for deleting your character, I'm debating moving it to town in a permanent ice-block that links to this thread for all future players amusement, I trust you are ok with this?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby SammyWeston » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:50 pm

So then whats the fix? I have nothing in my inventory, no clothes and yes i was trying to get a campfire going .
SammyWeston

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:53 pm

SammyWeston wrote:So then whats the fix? I have nothing in my inventory, no clothes and yes i was trying to get a campfire going .

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:53 pm

SammyWeston wrote:So then whats the fix? I have nothing in my inventory, no clothes and yes i was trying to get a campfire going .

Well. The current temperature of Providence is 15. Meaning that every 6 seconds you are losing 35 points if entirely naked. Thus meaning you had to not be near a fire for 142 ticks. I.E. ~14 minutes? So did gathering a few branches and making a campire take you more than 14 mintues?

And more importantly.... why did you get naked in the first place?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby SammyWeston » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:54 pm

yes it did cause i was killing crickets and picking up stones for the camp fire.

Also i want to apologies for cursing at you, and in general.
SammyWeston

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:55 pm

SammyWeston wrote:yes it did cause i was killing crickets and picking up stones for the camp fire.

Also i want to apologies for cursing at you, and in general.

Did you expect the adrenaline of cricket fighting to warm your body up? And what made you think fighting crickets in the nude was better than with your clothes?

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:57 pm

I think you should let players stick their hand down their pants to get some warmth. It worked for me while playing football so it will def be awesome in salem.

Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Dallane wrote:playing football.

Never heard it described that way before. I call it fiddling with the hockeystick.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses