Rip me (Happy new year) Location of a statue in concord

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Rip me (Happy new year) Location of a statue in concord

Postby Nikixos » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Tulgarath wrote:Expedition and quitting after a 3 day char dies....interesting to see how this strategy plays out.

Who said i was quitting?
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:20 pm

toddesloan wrote:
Dallane wrote:
toddesloan wrote:None of the veterans will quit. doh. It's the new players I am worried about. They are not going to get it. Grind 2-3 days then get insta wiped for a few dollars, a McDonalds coupon and a bus pass lol they will quit for sure. Then we are back to the same ****** community with only a few of us playing. Games like this are all about the community. You kill off the community hard and fast you basically kill that server.

If new people quit then this isn't the game for them. I don't think you understand this game from what you just posted.

I suppose they can play on providence then. Was just hoping for some peace time for new players on Concord to sorta rebuild this game/community some. Salem has been rather dead for quite some time. JC seems to be coming back which is a good thing for sure.

I think you need to go back and see what a expedition is actually for. It's tailored so that combat happens much more often and isn't permanent.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby toddesloan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Dallane wrote:I think you need to go back and see what a expedition is actually for. It's tailored so that combat happens much more often and isn't permanent.

Tailored for combat? lol stomping the ground and then killing off characters with cash purchase items, that's not really pvp/combat. Not sure what that actually is. If it's tailored for combat why not speed the character progression up?? Why keep it same pace as the providence server? I read all the notes for Concord and nowhere does it say it's a 1996 ****** Quake Arena lol

The only real combat/pvp within Salem takes place on these forums. Everyone who has played this game for years knows that.. ¦]
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby Goodman12 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:51 pm

toddesloan wrote:
Dallane wrote:I think you need to go back and see what a expedition is actually for. It's tailored so that combat happens much more often and isn't permanent.

Tailored for combat? lol stomping the ground and then killing off characters with cash purchase items, that's not really pvp/combat. Not sure what that actually is. If it's tailored for combat why not speed the character progression up?? Why keep it same pace as the providence server? I read all the notes for Concord and nowhere does it say it's a 1996 ****** Quake Arena lol

The only real combat/pvp within Salem takes place on these forums. Everyone who has played this game for years knows that.. ¦]

>Natural raiding was made significantly easier
>Cannons were added to make things even more easier at some point
>Cannibalism encourages people to go out killing each other for the easy stat gain
If those 3 things doesn't encourages pvp then idk what will
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby toddesloan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Sorry those top 2 things will speed up afk raiding, not active pvp. Which is a good thing, this game bascially revolves around afk raiding, the end game at least. I am on board with that. Trust me I have banged on afk walls with 300 phe chars. Most of you vets do it with 1k chars. Regardless, it takes freaking forever...

Cannibalism unlocks after C&A? So I do not think that is happening? Does anyone actually know how much c&d it takes to unlock it?
Last edited by toddesloan on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BigCountry

toddesloan
Customer

Postby Goodman12 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:57 pm

toddesloan wrote:Cannibalism unlocks after C&A? So I do not think that is happening? Does anyone actually know how much c&d it takes to unlock it?

Yes
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby lachlaan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:57 pm

toddesloan wrote:Cannibalism unlocks after C&A? So I do not think that is happening? Does anyone actually know how much c&d it takes to unlock it?

It costs 375 memento moris, or just one, i forget. :D
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Dallane » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:00 pm

toddesloan wrote:

Ah i see now. I thought I was talking to someone who wasn't a total retard. Plz continue to look stupid in this thread.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Goodman12 wrote:

Yes

If you can't see the value in cannibalism, then you really miss out on a huge benefit of the expeditions. Until you can manage madness effectively, its not that great, but a few weeks and you really do WANT to kill people or you are cheating yourself out of the expedition experience.
Tulgarath

Postby toddesloan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Dallane wrote:
toddesloan wrote:
Ah i see now. I thought I was talking to someone who wasn't a total retard. Plz continue to look stupid in this thread.

GG. Took a lot of intelligence to form that come back, I can truly tell.. lol
BigCountry

toddesloan
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses