1.4.2 Santa's Struggles

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

1.4.2 Santa's Struggles

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Greetings Salemites,
Week two of our weekly update schedule. The groove is real so lets keep fingers crossed. Here is what I have for you this week.

Santa Has been Captured!
Our story begins with a lovely gentleman by the name of St. Nick. A man who would visit you each X-mas and bring you presents was preparing for his annual ritual, but something was different this year. He was responding to a letter he received from a small boy who apparently had a single dying wish and the doctors said he wouldn't make it to X-mas so Santa was arriving to his place a week early. Unfortunately, this child turned out to be none other than His Majesty and his wish was that Santa not mess up his latest plans to dominate the market during X-mas.

For his Majesty has developed a New X-mas Wallpaper and placed it on the stalls. It is a marvelous wallpaper, one that he he feels should command a lovely price and he was very concerned upon hearing Santa's plans that all the hustle and bustle of presents and sleds this year would distract from his wallpaper. So he was left with no choice but to Enslave Santa forcing him to work off a tremendous debt before releasing him.

Will you give the captured Santa your IOU's to help him be debt-free with his Majesty and make bail in time for the holidays? Or will Santa be doomed? Only time will tell.

New Trade Orders
(3) New Trade Orders have been added.

New Content
*Players may now make Physician Bags
*The first skill of Astrology is now live. "Lunar Emulation" may be performed by even the most novice of players.
*Players can now find a festive Yule Log for a period of time similar to Easter Eggs.
*New Wall Type: Barn Stalls. Complete with barn Stall Gate. This wall-type can only be built in barns and is slightly stronger than split rails and weeker than stone hedge. All existing Barn Stall segments in existing barns can be salvaged to build your own barn configurations now. Should barns still come with the preconfigured set up when completed for free walls to salvage or re-arrange? Or should I just let them be blank slates upon completion?
*Wrapping paper has been re-added to His Majesty's stall.

Bugfixes & Misc.
*BUGFIX: The long-standing bug of animals not showing sickness correctly should be corrected. It should now be far more obvious to tell when an animal is sick.
*Cows and Bulls no longer make sounds while idlan standing around.
*Animals that are now sick will voice their concerns and discomfort on a regular and annoying basis.
*Lambs now have a sickness Animation.
*Players may no longer milk sick cows and goats.
*Players may now attempt to milk bulls. With the right community demand I will implement a substance to obtain from this action.
*The Carpenters of Salem have improved their trade and as such newly constructed barns will have a new graphic for he interior walls. I have decided to leave 'legacy' barns with the old dull walls.
*In anticipation for a new expedition the Statue of Darwoth from Popham's victory has finally been erected at the graveyard.

In the Works
*Masonic uses: There was a simple "art" challenge this week that still prohibits the final implementation of the Masonic necklaces. Not the best excuse, but gave me time and energy to focus on other things.
*Expedition Progress: Vineyard are still under construction. Complications with how the vines will grow have been resolved. This is progressing slower than I want.
*Astrology. Progress, but still worried about it encroaching on the seasons design space.
*UI Image Overlays. No Progress this week but this remains on my to-do.
*Combat Revamp. Still Post-Expedition II
Dreamworld Round-Out - Some work went into 'polishing' the system and concepts of Dreamworld a bit to be more integrated into gameplay.. A huge undertaking that I should really stay away from until the expedition is done.
*HuggleSquirts. Still Post-Expedition II
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: 1.4.2 Santa's Struggles

Postby Heffernan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm

no poison fix :(

but nice patch sir.
Heffernan

Postby Lusewing » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Oh no!!! Quick - help Santa!!
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:12 pm

Heffernan wrote:no poison fix :(

but nice patch sir.

One bug at a time. Sick animals consumed a fair bit of time. I'll look into poisons. I'm trying to make sure I tackle a few each patch.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:14 pm

nice! :-)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Chrumps » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:20 pm

That was quick
Chrumps

Postby Heffernan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:20 pm

First This Happens

Then This

¦]
Heffernan

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:20 pm

how many iou's do we have to give to free santa? santa must be freed at all costs
or can we pay the king to keep santa enslaved????? hmmmm then the people who payed for his enslavement get all the gifts ¦]
Last edited by nosfirebird on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:20 pm

My bad... We will be back shortly.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:21 pm

@JC:

I was chopping woodblocks from a log, and suddenly had tons of yule logs in my inv....
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Next

Return to Announcements