Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Using stalls to BUY

Postby Sebthegrand » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:57 pm

+1 but i doubt we will ever see this
Sebthegrand

Postby Bjebr » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Last time i remember reading something like that John Carver said :
JohnCarver wrote:The larger problem with this is that items have funky names and so figuring out how to let you guys 'choose' what to buy is a bit cumbersome. I mean I suppose we could let players put an item up that they WANT to buy, and then an amount, but that would eliminate your ability to buy an item you don't already have 1 of.

Can we technically say we want these clothes with 0 or 10 or 25 difficulty ? Same goes with purity ? or inspirationals with multi-use ?

Bjebr
Bjebr

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:00 pm

I assumed that the buying option for a player stall wouldn't take into account quality. Special orders like that should be kept in trade chat.

Mass buying bricks for example would be awesome.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby gustavohvg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Qiresea wrote:it would probably be complicated to buy multi-use items or items with specific purity this way

For the vast majority of items sold the purity or number of uses do not matter. For the items that matter people could keep making "spoken deals" as it is at the moment
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby gustavohvg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Paradoxyc wrote:I think it would be interesting if the mechanic did not allow for a "stop order", meaning people could keep selling the same things until the stall is out of money. That might make it a bit more dangerous to use

I agree with the previous posters. This would make the system almost useless. By having the requirements of 1) having a stall; 2)having to pay taxes; you already make the whole thing a lot worse then barrel trading - thus keeping barrel trading the main way of trading in Salem while helping new players and people who don't like forums (or can't read in english)
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations