Dogs

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Dogs

Postby GigiBecali » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:46 pm

Breedable Dogs which fit into 4 different categories: Hounds, Guarding Dogs, Pet Dogs, Attack Dogs.
New buildings/Items: Dog House/cage, Kennel, dog related stuff

1.Hounds - Hunting Dogs with a great sense of smell.
They are useful for tracking big game and leading you to it. Also they help you hunt rabbits or squirels. They can also track criminal scents
Tracking range, responsivness etc. can be influenced by genetics.

2.Guarding Dogs - Big Dogs that will protect their master's claim. They bark and scare raiders who trespass or commit any crime inside their assigned claim, draining some Black Bile. If the raider succesfully bashes the walls and is inside the claim, the Dog will then attack him with Blood damage.
Bark drain, Dmg, agressiveness etc can be influenced by genetics.

3. Pet Dogs - Cute friendly dogs that will cuddle and love you. They spend most of their time laying on the sofa inside your house but can reduce insanity if you spend time with them. They can even drop your madness level if they are not busy sleeping or eating.
Chance of madness decrease, cuteness etc influenced by genetics.

4. Attack Dogs - Trained Dogs that can attack other pilgrims on command. Useful for raiding or just pvp fighting. Maybe a simmilar fear bear like debuff.
Same as above, characteristics influenced by genetics.

This is just an idea that I think would fit nicely into the game. I know there are other things of greater importance to be done but I just felt like writing it.
As I said, it is just an idea, Im open for criticism or improvements. I also tought of herding dogs but idk how they could work.
Last edited by GigiBecali on Sat May 05, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HS: conopida
Spleen on discord and Salem
GigiBecali

Re: Dogs

Postby Qiresea » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:51 pm

+1 for dogs <3
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Demidogs or I downvote.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby GigiBecali » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Oh yes and Hell dogs for witches ofc hahahah
HS: conopida
Spleen on discord and Salem
GigiBecali

Postby goblin_babe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:17 am

this is an awesome idea
goblin_babe

Postby gustavohvg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:51 am

And dog houses, dog food, dog clothes, dog breeding, dog toys, dog... wait... isn't easier to turn each salemite into a dog?!?
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby Heffernan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:45 am

+1 for Pugs

Heffernan

Postby grimkid » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:08 am

also, dogs as food for the witches:).... some people eat dogs, .. normal pilgrims won't but witches might :mrgreen:
grimkid

Postby grapefruitv » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 am

1. Can't work like that. Animals only come to existence when you load them with the map tile and exist only for 15-20 minutes if you're not looking at them. So there is simply nothing for a dog to track, unless you or someone else already looked there few minutes ago.

2 and 4 seem to do be the same thing. Barking does exactly what fear does and they both are aggressive animals looking for a fight with the enemy.

Also breeding concept = we have to kill and butcher dogs on a regular basis. That does not correspond with western idea of pet. IRL people breed dogs for sale, not for getting a better one to get rid of the old puppies.
grapefruitv

Postby grimkid » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:45 am

grapefruitv wrote:1. Can't work like that. Animals only come to existence when you load them with the map tile and exist only for 15-20 minutes if you're not looking at them. So there is simply nothing for a dog to track, unless you or someone else already looked there few minutes ago.

2 and 4 seem to do be the same thing. Barking does exactly what fear does and they both are aggressive animals looking for a fight with the enemy.

Also breeding concept = we have to kill and butcher dogs on a regular basis. That does not correspond with western idea of pet. IRL people breed dogs for sale, not for getting a better one to get rid of the old puppies.

actually, some people do breed them to get a better one... especially proffesional breeders....
grimkid

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations