Just Some Friendly Ideas

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Just Some Friendly Ideas

Postby Hohenheim » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:44 pm

Shroodle:
The community here is quite toxic and filled with trolls. Don't take it personally, this is the way everybody gets treated here.

Welcome to the game, it has a lot of great moments, but you can also lose everything in a very short amount of time, especially if you don't know how to protect yourself. And usually you only learn that after you lost something, so losing and building is part of the game, but so is gaining and destroying.

When people tell you to invest in defence, do it, they are not kidding. Salem is dangerous and a meeting with someone outside your base can easily mean the death of your char.
Hohenheim

Postby Shroodle » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Hohenheim wrote:Shroodle:
The community here is quite toxic and filled with trolls. Don't take it personally, this is the way everybody gets treated here.

Welcome to the game, it has a lot of great moments, but you can also lose everything in a very short amount of time, especially if you don't know how to protect yourself. And usually you only learn that after you lost something, so losing and building is part of the game, but so is gaining and destroying.

When people tell you to invest in defence, do it, they are not kidding. Salem is dangerous and a meeting with someone outside your base can easily mean the death of your char.

Thanks, i'm glad there is at least one nice person left :)
Shroodle

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:49 am

Shroodle wrote:

We are around but the idea section is notorious for low quality post. Posting a idea is great but a big list of stuff is hard to flesh out for the devs or for them to reference later at their meetings if there was that they thought to be interesting. Your idea for natural disasters would be something I think JC would love to do if the idea was fleshed out, fit the game and made it fun for people to experience. I tried to go back and see what else there was but it seems you went full retard and deleted your post like a bottom *****. The idea section if brutal for people because we love this game so much and many people take offense when a bad post is made..
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Shroodle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:26 am

Dallane wrote:
Shroodle wrote:

We are around but the idea section is notorious for low quality post. Posting a idea is great but a big list of stuff is hard to flesh out for the devs or for them to reference later at their meetings if there was that they thought to be interesting. Your idea for natural disasters would be something I think JC would love to do if the idea was fleshed out, fit the game and made it fun for people to experience. I tried to go back and see what else there was but it seems you went full retard and deleted your post like a bottom *****. The idea section if brutal for people because we love this game so much and many people take offense when a bad post is made..

Hmm, thanks for the input, I didn't try to go full retard, I just figured the ideas weren't worth it with how many people didn't like them. Saves the dev's the trouble of reading bad ideas :)
Shroodle

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:33 am

Shroodle wrote: Saves the dev's the trouble of reading bad ideas :)

Or you could put more details into your ideas that could improve the game instead of being a beta.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Shroodle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Dallane wrote:
Shroodle wrote: Saves the dev's the trouble of reading bad ideas :)

Or you could put more details into your ideas that could improve the game instead of being a beta.

Point taken
Shroodle

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations