Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby mrblack » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Popham is new expedition!? Let's play! Looks old... but it's funny to see post-apocalyptic towns... ¦]
mrblack

Postby yozzik » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:49 pm

riolic wrote:Would it not be more appropriate to title the 3rd expedition Darwothh, adding an h for each successive victory?

hDarwoth.
yozzik

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:08 am

if the next expedition server is not named after me where people have to log into "my server" there is simply no justice in salem or the broader world in general of any kind. let all correct minded fellows will it so.
Darwoth

Postby Forungi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:18 am

Please JC I want to make moonshine and steal expensive wines.
Forungi

Postby riker88 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:29 am

I think we need to start making monthly updates to the game again before we worry about another expedition.
riker88
Customer

Postby svablas » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:09 pm

congratulations to Darwoth and embarrassing boooo to all us for being lazy as **** giving up so early on Poopham...
Well a chance to get your mouth wet from a fine booze should make eager to get that juice to providence (assume that there will be similar mechanics as with animals).

The server and a main town should be called Moonshine.

The one becoming a witch should pass through several trials (trial by water, fire, earth and wind) and it should took some time and effort.

Map is fine but could be interesting if darkness area begin right after Moonshine city claim and should be pretty low at the beginning ( that should force lots of claims/cities close to city and concentrate population and also force inactive players/alts to actually play not only exist). Expedition in fact should be emerged in darkness anyway because in theory we travel way before Providence server map.

How about alternate ending? there should be possibility to age a wine (maybe a rare version) like a min 3 month and find rare harmless darkness monster (one on whole server) and give that vine to him after that monster should transform to a strong aggressive monster (similar to bunny/dark bunny) which strength should be lower the more vine is aged (after monster death another one harmless one should spawn somewhere). Monster should drop 1-3 items and holding one of the dropped item in inventory a character could teleport through a portal in Moonshine city with all his/her inventory (or maybe even a knowledge to make an alcohol) to Providence.

Who will win? Definitely a some drunkard...

Cheers!
Grind till the end of time or die trying
svablas

Postby Scilly_guy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Hmm I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a new expedition, I see the main update dropped so perhaps it is not too far away now?
Scilly_guy

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:27 am

The two new systems from this expedition have been launched. The unique-only content is still in development but probably not something that I can get to launching in 2017 unfortunately. Our next milestone would be to give a little bit more love to some road map goals and then quickly try to pivot to an expedition in 2018.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby yozzik » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:11 am

JohnCarver wrote:The two new systems from this expedition have been launched. The unique-only content is still in development but probably not something that I can get to launching in 2017 unfortunately.

Oh do you mean they are on Providence and availbable?
yozzik

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:12 am

Yes the Craving System and Trade Order system are now live on Providence.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements