Is it possible to get farm animals like coats or cows?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Is it possible to get farm animals like coats or cows?

Postby Forungi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:56 am

Marue wrote:I think its kinda game restricting, to have foods and stuff depending on having animals and just 0,0001% chance to actually get animals. Its like they got made for one person.

I never really understood dev choice to make it so that if you want to have animals you have to build a ship. Like making you buy a car first if you want to buy cookies at store. Ofc most people will just go to another store where they sell cookies normally.

You are not dependant on domestic animals and their respective items at all.
There are plenty of us who get along fine with the vast amount of different food groups already available...
Forungi

Postby Dallane » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Marue wrote:I think its kinda game restricting, to have foods and stuff depending on having animals and just 0,0001% chance to actually get animals. Its like they got made for one person.

I never really understood dev choice to make it so that if you want to have animals you have to build a ship. Like making you buy a car first if you want to buy cookies at store. Ofc most people will just go to another store where they sell cookies normally.

Everyone had their chance for 2 years to get animals. Clearly no one wanted them. So only a few people have them.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Marue » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:08 pm

I wanted animals, but for a reasonable price, not months of real time grind. Clearly 2 years work is too steep price for common people.

Playing farm in a game could be nicer with more animals than just turkeys and moths but it`s made impossible. Less fun.
Marue

Postby Dallane » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Marue wrote:I wanted animals, but for a reasonable price, not months of real time grind. Clearly 2 years work is too steep price for common people.

Playing farm in a game could be nicer with more animals than just turkeys and moths but it`s made impossible. Less fun.

If people had built the ark it would of been done in week-months depending on how many were helping.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Forungi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Marue wrote:I wanted animals, but for a reasonable price, not months of real time grind. Clearly 2 years work is too steep price for common people.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe this game is so much more than just having a farm.
Forungi

Postby nosfirebird » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:39 pm

Forungi wrote:

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe this game is so much more than just having a farm.

not really its farmville v2
nosfirebird

Postby Hohenheim » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:21 am

You don't need animals, I would even say most people would just let them die anyway. They are similar to turkeys, if you don't care for them for a few days, they die. Eventually farm animals will become more or less available for everybody, so be patient.

There are a lot of other foods people can use that have certain advantages over farm animals.
Hohenheim

Postby belgear » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:28 am

So many tears will be made
belgear
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:38 am

Hohenheim wrote:You don't need animals, I would even say most people would just let them die anyway. They are similar to turkeys, if you don't care for them for a few days, they die. Eventually farm animals will become more or less available for everybody, so be patient.

There are a lot of other foods people can use that have certain advantages over farm animals.

Not to mention no one knows how to take care of them correctly.

Dallane

Postby Freedoom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:10 am

I am thinking animal farm is a decorative element here, because it is almost impossible to get them. I have sent a message to Dartworth many days ago and He did not answer to me. Then, a barn is a decorative element here, the developers could have saved time of development, because to create elements which will not have been had by almost anybody is a real dumbness. But all this is a normal thing, because this game is far to be ended. In games of major companies and with better budgets there are no such problems.

If somebody says me, for example: "If you build 200 timber pile you have a 1% chance of getting a cow" (It is only an example). Ok, then I know that It is very hard to do, but It is not impossible. Just right now It is impossible to get a cow, then, which is the sense of this?. I am sure in Salem age even the town idiot would have a miserable coat, here He would not have it, then... What we are playing? This is not Salem, this is other and different thing.
Last edited by Freedoom on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Freedoom

PreviousNext

Return to Help!