2017 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 2017 Roadmap

Postby Taipion » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 pm

gorniksam wrote:
roweanmcroy wrote:I would just like to say that dispite the delays in changes this year, I still love salem and will continue to play it and look forward to the new expedition when it gets here. :) Pls don't write off this wonderful game.

such optimist, god bless you

definitely best post since a good long while
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 pm

ITT everyone crying about salem but you are still here and will never leave. Salem needs a Mr. Bones statue in provi

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Judaism » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:27 pm

The tea made it possible to bash on undefended walls continuously. As of now you can only stay on such a Pclaim for a minute or two, obviously you could add Black-Bile on your raiders. Despite this, you are going to lose significant time on crime-runs on undefended walls, it adds nothing other than a tedious time-sink and a bile-threshold for criminal characters.

The drainage of defenses is generally the issue, braziers and torches have a set of rules which makes stacking inefficient despite this fact the critical hits are not adjusted accordingly. There is no way that it is justified to have this old ammo consume and the critical hits in place for fortified bases.

As far mortars go, I doubt anyone has yet to seriously use them in an actual siege. It is active defense which is great to have, but it is incredibly strong. Any competitive player can basically hold of an entire raid, assuming you have some resources without running in to proper risks. In the worst case the defenders simply builds up new segments of wall with some refilling and the raiding party is back to back.

We also have the 24-hour warning, which given many fortified bases is also absolutely unnecessary in cases of fortified bases. Some bases literally would take almost take a week to break and that is assuming they are not active or rebuilding at all. If you reached the final stage you will run into an indestructible Pclaim and you basicly have just gotten their loot, their intire infrastructure is still intact, just as all their main characters. On top of that, if that is the case you also cannot reliably secure your scents and you will have to live with the danger of getting stocked 24/7 and getting TBC'd, which can be easily achieved by competent players, look at Darwoth for example.

Looking back to even the most successful factions, they never really surpassed 10 or so active raidering players and given the current situation it is more effective to just have a good computer and make some task-orientated raiders/tankers instead of having strong and valuable characters. This leads to little satisfaction to both sides, tracking them is given the current infrastructures fairly meaningless and on top of that they would just suicide in advance.

All-in all it is just a massive snow-ball effect of numerous mechanics which have fought off any form of competitiveness. All of those changes have been made by Mortal Moments and not a single tool, structure or beneficial change has been given to counter these new aspects. Darwoth is being quite gentle here, the raid system already was a big turn-off for us as a faction prior to the famous patch. By no means I am stating we were hardcore but I don't see any serious competitive group rising up. We tried to stick as a group initially, however a permanent TBF, alongside poopclaims made it rather inefficient and hermits/multiple bases is sadly far more efficient.

As far the raiding incentives go, we had plenty of money/items by that time, other than dominance there really was no meaning in raiding. In a lot of cases I would lose money on it, most certainly not worth the time in terms of items. Unprotected smaller claims would be more profitable in most cases, people just run their items elsewhere or just drop everything in advance. Like if you already have accumulated over a million, sufficient combat sets and so on, why would you really carry on. You can see now that some people have million silver claims, absolute rares are not going to be traded anyway.

Cannibalism alongside adding some yearly legacy items (limited amounts) wouldn't be bad either. The incentive to destroy and kill people needs to be there, a lot of players did not join this game to life-skill which currently is likely about 99% of all activities.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Forungi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:48 pm

Judaism wrote: The incentive to destroy and kill people needs to be there, a lot of players did not join this game to life-skill which currently is likely about 99% of all activities.

This is what we need, what happend to mortal kombat with corn? Currently it's just corn.
Forungi

Postby gorniksam » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Forungi wrote:
Judaism wrote: The incentive to destroy and kill people needs to be there, a lot of players did not join this game to life-skill which currently is likely about 99% of all activities.

This is what we need, what happend to mortal kombat with corn? Currently it's just corn.

no, just farmville with shovels
gorniksam

Postby Judaism » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Back in the days everyone always made fun of farmville on these forums, stating how much these games were so much different from eachother. Now its nothing but a glorified alternative version of it.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Darwoth

Postby Reviresco » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:18 pm

This Darwoth fella seems to think Jinglebombs was A-bombinable.

I'm here all week, ladies and germs.
Reviresco

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Reviresco wrote:This Darwoth fella seems to think Jinglebombs was A-bombinable.

I'd like your interpretation of jinglebombs patch.
Prefferably graphic format ;)
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Reviresco » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:38 am

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
Reviresco wrote:This Darwoth fella seems to think Jinglebombs was A-bombinable.

I'd like your interpretation of jinglebombs patch.
Prefferably graphic format ;)

Zodd!
Reviresco

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements