2017 Roadmap

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: 2017 Roadmap

Postby Darwoth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 am

the great jinglebomb of december 2015 killed salem.

like i said it would on patch day and like i argued for a month with the devs about, as usual we see that in spite of all the naysayers at the time i am once again correct. once the developers (and world in general) learn this and decide to heed the wisdom of darwoth everything will be as it should.

that retarded kneejerk patch caused the vast majority of competitive and interesting players/personalities to stagnate and eventually quit. which caused the non competitive and boring players/personalities to have less to read/do/worry about thus they stagnated and eventually quit. leading to the low playerbase that is for the most part no longer worth the attention/effort, so the devs stagnated and quit.

for a christmas gift to the entire server salem should be un jinglebombed.
Darwoth

Postby Heffernan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:24 am

Darwoth wrote:the great jinglebomb of december 2015 killed salem.

like i said it would on patch day and like i argued for a month with the devs about, as usual we see that in spite of all the naysayers at the time i am once again correct. once the developers (and world in general) learn this and decide to heed the wisdom of darwoth everything will be as it should.

that retarded kneejerk patch caused the vast majority of competitive and interesting players/personalities to stagnate and eventually quit. which caused the non competitive and boring players/personalities to have less to read/do/worry about thus they stagnated and eventually quit. leading to the low playerbase that is for the most part no longer worth the attention/effort, so the devs stagnated and quit.

for a christmas gift to the entire server salem should be un jinglebombed.

maybe you could tell exactly what should be removed?
Heffernan

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:33 am

Heffernan wrote:maybe you could tell exactly what should be removed?

I thought it was fairly clear: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16574#p240786
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Heffernan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:36 am

TotalyMeow wrote:

tho mortar is needed for TbF/TbC since people will abuse it by putting walls and houses around it, maybe reduce the cost of Mortars and take out the player damage?
Heffernan

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:12 am

Heffernan wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:

tho mortar is needed for TbF/TbC since people will abuse it by putting walls and houses around it, maybe reduce the cost of Mortars and take out the player damage?

Mortar is not needed. We only need to require an absence of walls or other completely surrounding barricades between the TbF or TbC and the claim it is affecting. It's something John intended to put in months ago, but as we're all very much aware, he hasn't been able to code anything at all for some time.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Darwoth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am

eliminating fortified TBCs and TBFs will just put the game in the hands of the no skill ***** that bring 10 people to everything and create more issues that need to be fixed, a change like that would probably be the final straw for me and turn me into a uo player again, if your going to do that **** just remove TBFs outright and allow people to attack at any time like it was on the old servers. any town of worth has enough defense and layers that it would still take the majority of a day to penetrate to the center anyway (yes, even under the old mechanics) so not much changes in the way of warning time but an even playing field is maintained instead of making it a requirement to have/bring a half dozen zerger ***** so a few can be on guard duty while the others derp through the defense.

mortars are not really an issue either, the damage and effects against players is pretty negligible under most circumstances. tards like goodman and various kukraps that stack a trash character with 100 blood/yellow and 800 phlegm/bb ***** about them because they one shot the cheap welfare check character they made. mortars "can" be overpowered in certain circumstances but that can be said about any tactic or tool when used properly, if anything "needed" to be changed about mortars it would be to remove or greatly lessen the hours and hours long concussion effect that makes the character with it worthless for the rest of the day.

aside from that pretty much the entire jinglebomb patch (and certainly everything in it related to pvp directly or indirectly, including both the **** that was mentioned AND unmentioned) needs to go and just forgotten ever happened.

tea needs to be put back how it was where it regenned both in combat and with crime debuff.
the idiotic claim drain needs to be returned to what it was before.
soak needs to be lowered back to what it was before.

there were several other issues i cant recall offhand and do not feel like reading through the patch thread but i undoubtedly ***** about most of them 250 times each on this forum at some point. the three i mentioned however are the big ones that pretty much every veteran that engaged in pvp or raiding complained loudly about and then quit over.

in other news arson has been in for a long time and is useless/worthless. it would be nice to finish and polish existing things instead of just getting a giant bowl of random half done **** once a year while all the previous half done **** from before stays that way. like what the *****, it was almost a year ago flags were put in and we have virtually every country represented except america, there is apparently an american flag that was ready to go but overlooked and never given the 20 seconds to check off and push live or make a recipe for it. my popham whip still does not work either because it is not flagged as a whip so the stocks do not recognize it how long does it take to flag it by adding/changing a single value in the code line? 15 seconds?
Darwoth

Postby Chrumps » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 am

The things I hate in current crime, defence and cold systems are:
1. Logging in naked and freezing in Providence which should be a costly option, not an usual case.
2. Having to spend actively a lot of time to break into an abandoned claim
3. Breaking a claimstone being the most logical approach to robbing someone's base, thus forcing huge damage to a player when the real objective is theft. Note, it is more profitable to rob someone again and again rather than making him ragequit.
4. Insane costs of repairing walls during peaceful modernization
5. Being able to be stocked again and again over the same crime, resulting in the same punishment no matter how many scents were dropped. It is ok how stocks can reduce an char to a newb level but this should happen with multiple scents rather than with single one.

What about following changes:
1. Make a claimstone, even empty indestructible with waste.
2. Make a claimstone destructible with arson with double or triple speed when empty.
3. Make criminal gear reduce claim BB drain as it should.
4. Add (restore in fact) TBF mechanics for pclaims. The effect of such a waste claim would be soak reduction and repair cost increase and perhaps drain reduction too. Add the same features to regular TBF. Without waste claim the attacking mechanics is unchanged, but (5) makes it easier to defend.
On a practical side such waste claim would restore previous mechanics but with 24 hour warning.
5. Reduce repair costs when not under pclaim-TBF or regular TBF. Alternatively, add a way to prevent splash even after 7 day timer has expired.
6. Allow a single scent to be used only once to stock a player. To stock more than once one will need different scents. Note, that (1)&(2) force a criminal to drop more scents in most cases.
7. Double TBC timers.
8. Reduce theft base BB cost.
Chrumps

Postby Paradoxyc » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:09 pm

I think the new mechanics of claim drain but with the old tea regen would be fair
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Chrumps wrote:3. Breaking a claimstone being the most logical approach to robbing someone's base, thus forcing huge damage to a player when the real objective is theft. Note, it is more profitable to rob someone again and again rather than making him ragequit.

just if you wannabe a leech as darwoth is
4. Insane costs of repairing walls during peaceful modernization

not really, only brickwall is a pain to repair. other ones are really easy to repair
5. Being able to be stocked again and again over the same crime, resulting in the same punishment no matter how many scents were dropped. It is ok how stocks can reduce an char to a newb level but this should happen with multiple scents rather than with single one.

nope lol, every of crime should end the same, you still can force an alt to stay online all the time till scents dissapear whilst its too hard to rebuild crime alt for you

Chrumps wrote:What about following changes:
1. Make a claimstone, even empty indestructible with waste.
2. Make a claimstone destructible with arson with double or triple speed when empty.

nope
5. Reduce repair costs when not under pclaim-TBF or regular TBF. Alternatively, add a way to prevent splash even after 7 day timer has expired.

nope lol
6. Allow a single scent to be used only once to stock a player. To stock more than once one will need different scents. Note, that (1)&(2) force a criminal to drop more scents in most cases.

hell no, even if I gonna lost more of my bashers and murder alts ;)
7. Double TBC timers.

hell no, thats long enough already
gorniksam

Postby Heffernan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm

i wish we could reduce repair cost of Brickwalls, they should STILL be 600 under a TbF but 200-300 without a TbF.
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements