SinglePlayer?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: SinglePlayer?

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:02 am

Dexibii wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:
Dexibii wrote:I dont understand what you are talking about?

What he is talking about is that if you constantly feel like you have to be the best and reap the benefits of being the best even if you have invested a lot less time in something than the people around you, you're not going to have fun in any multiplayer game, and you'll probably have misery in life as well. Every single person you see that has more than you, higher characters, bigger base, has been learning the game and working on what they have for sometimes years. But it's not even necessary to be so envious or to let envy ruin your experience, you can definitely be one of the more successful players here after just a few months of hard work if that is your desire. People here will be glad to give you tips, and check the help section and the wiki. But beware that the wiki is player-run and sometimes contains inaccuracies.

I think you guys don't understand. I don't care if somebody is better than me. I loved playing dark souls and getting invaded by people who had better gear and were more prepared. I would try to fight, get close, and then lose all my souls. I kept playing the game and enjoyed every single loss, getting better and better. In this game, if I met a person who had disposable alts, they could just perma-kill me using ingame cash to unlock the skill, and then take everything I own. Thats the boring part, when completely restarting the game is a risk. Even if I try my best and get very prepared, Lag could be the reason I die and have to start all over again. Dark souls makes it so I don't lose anything but my souls and progression to a boss. It doesnt make me start again with a new character.

Again, All I don't like is the fact that a better player has a restart button on my game. I am perfectly fine with the fact that a better player can get all my items. Also, for all of the people saying "Hell no," why? Even my girlfriend agrees that the game would be fun if I could just host a world to play with friends. 99% of the time we played alone on salem, the other 1% we talked to people who were goofing around in spawn, hugging and pushing. Traded maybe 2 times, but that was only to speed things up. Eventually I looked at all the progress I made and saw the progress everybody else was making on the forums. Several people being toxic, killing and scamming. I always knew I wouldn't be the best, but then I realized theres no point in me continuing in this game when I could choose a similar game. If I had a lot of fun playing on salem and I had a small insignificant amount of communication with others, then i assure you that I would enjoy this game in my own world with friends.

never pvp with your main you can do everything they can do. just takes a bit of time. im guess you died and are raging about it. its salem you learned a bit about raiding but sounds like you have your mind made up about quitting so... bye!
nosfirebird

Postby Dexibii » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:15 am

... You dont need to guess what happened to me. You quoted what happened. I made progress, saw other peoples progress, realized a person can set me down to 0% progress in the game, and stopped before it happened. Im not raging about dying, All i did was ask if this game would ever make a private world option XD. At this point I can't tell if im being trolled, or you guys really dont know what im talking about lol :lol: .
Dexibii

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:19 am

Dexibii wrote:... You dont need to guess what happened to me. You quoted what happened. I made progress, saw other peoples progress, realized a person can set me down to 0% progress in the game, and stopped before it happened. Im not raging about dying, All i did was ask if this game would ever make a private world option XD. At this point I can't tell if im being trolled, or you guys really dont know what im talking about lol :lol: .

nope wont ever happen you could try wurm unlimited tho
and btw its not 0% its 30% up to 40 if you buy a last will
nosfirebird

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:35 am

A majority of time spent in-game does not help build a highly defended base. Vice versa as to a majority of time spent in-game does not equate to becoming a high-biled or high-proficiency character. Its up to you on how you spend your time, and if you spend enough time devising and building a highly defended base then you do not have to worry so much about being sent back to 0%

A base is always more important than the characters that reside in said base because a character is a fragile thing out in the openlands.
It seems to be that you are complaining about permadeath functions and not raiding functions as I earlier saw about being murdered and set back to 0%, which is actually 30% biles/proficiencies of when you last updated your will and your character who is killed will still own all Pclaims that they previously owned whence you recover inheritance.

nosfirebird wrote:
Dexibii wrote:and btw its not 0% its 30% up to 40 if you buy a last will

It is 30% recovery if you are scalped, 40% recovery if you aren't scalped (if you get murdered by someone else they will 99% scalp you very shortly after death). The last will simply updates your biles/proficiencies without manually having to do so at the estate planner npc.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:33 am

Yeah, losing a character in this game doesn't set you back to 0%, so I guess that's why you're confused. If you've planned ahead properly and set up a well-defended base and kept your will up to date, you'll still be fairly well off. When you die, you won't just get some of your character progress back, you'll get ownership of your claim. If your claim is under attack as well, you can use your new character to defend it pretty well so long as you've set yourself up with some walls and brazer/torchpost/baby braziers. Having your claim intact will allow you to reprogress your character in a fraction of the time it originally took you.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dexibii » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm

30% of my biles would have left me around 30 biles... I can get that in maybe 4 days if i had no homework. Getting back to 100 biles would take me like 8+ months .Cool though, but I am not looking for help in the game. I don't have time to keep up in a competitive multiplayer game like salem, but I love all mechanics except for the permadeath and the lack of caps. I won't be joining the game constantly researching the best way to make a base, spend lots of time getting a variety of foods, or spend college money to get a boost when I could be studying what I need for school, and save money to afford it. Thanks to all those that said theres basically no chance of there being a private mode, you guys answered my question. Have fun :D
Dexibii

Postby Heffernan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:15 pm

the Difference between Singleplayer and Multiplayer is the amount of Defense ¦]
Heffernan

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Dexibii wrote:30% of my biles would have left me around 30 biles... I can get that in maybe 4 days if i had no homework. Getting back to 100 biles would take me like 8+ months .Cool though, but I am not looking for help in the game. I don't have time to keep up in a competitive multiplayer game like salem, but I love all mechanics except for the permadeath and the lack of caps. I won't be joining the game constantly researching the best way to make a base, spend lots of time getting a variety of foods, or spend college money to get a boost when I could be studying what I need for school, and save money to afford it. Thanks to all those that said theres basically no chance of there being a private mode, you guys answered my question. Have fun :D

Salem is so far from being competitive.
Problem with newcomers like you is that you think that everything is so far out of your reach because the server was going 3 years.
Like i said, if you really wanted to you could get to end game status in 3 months and be competitive. You just need to know how to multiclient . There are so many afk or semi afk tasks in salem that you only need to do those while doing something active and in just 1h you can do 5 hours of work easy.
But hey, if you want to chip on a single character and watch videos on YT be my guest. Just, do not complain about not being abble to be competitive .
Asking older players for advice is a good way to go. Via forum posts, private messages or ingame.
Id just not believe every piece of info you get untill you can double check it yourself.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:59 pm

The fact that you said it takes 8+ months to get to 100 biles even from scratch just shows that you are bad at the game and it is oh so hard for you to think of how basic mechanics work and that you are so lazy that you probably complain you can't get high biles while you stuff 3-hour FF timer foods in your face cause Its the easiest one to make but the hardest one to actually bile with quickly and without ever even attempting to make a feasting bonus clothing set to exponentially increase your bile gains is beyond my comprehension.

But you go on and study for your college stuff for 10+ hours straight because you are too stupid to use intellect to remember the material and wits to solve your everyday problems. You are basically complaining you are too stupid to come up with defense ideas and that you "constantly have to be researching the best base defense designs" Lol
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Heffernan wrote:"Defense"
gorniksam

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses