Phenomenal Timing, New Opportunity

Look for a group to play with here.

Phenomenal Timing, New Opportunity

Postby Zapt13 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been a hermit here for years, rarely contributing to the forums. Recently I was raided and all of my sheds and town bell were destroyed. Remarkably this took place while I was with my new child and wife in the hospital. I'm not sure if someone got lucky or if someone in my personal life is playing this game "against" me without telling me. Anyway, I still have my pclaims and I've managed to knock down the gates I no longer have keys to, so I can still harvest cotton and perhaps trundle along a bit longer. I considered quitting, but this is the perfect game to while away 2 minutes or 2 hours depending on what life allows me. So rather than build up my base again and have the strong player who already knows my whereabouts come and knock it open again, I thought I'd put out a probe and see if anyone is looking to harbor a hermit who is unable and unwilling to defend himself, but could passively contribute to a town.

Before anyone asks, the raid took place long enough ago that the scents are now gone.

If the raider who hit me wants to open a dialog, I'd be cool with that. The name of the town had something to do with beer, if that helps ring any townbells.

Thanks all,

~Zapt13
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Re: Phenomenal Timing, New Opportunity

Postby Zapt13 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Mere days before I planned to have my defenses bolstered and my bell restored I am again hit, presumably by a spy lying in wait in my mine, inspecting my accumulated materials and striking at the last possible moment.

I didn't figure I was worth your time, raising roughly 15 wrought iron each month for braziers and a bell, but I guess I was wrong. I would've been happy to tithe to you, but perhaps my production was too low to be worth your while.

Farewell, my second-hand base, we shall never meet again!
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Next time you start a base. Plan around a mine node that hasn't been created yet and make sure to have that mine node well-guarded once you set up your base around it and THEN make the mine entrance after you have defenses up. That way, no one will ever be able to lie waiting in your mine for an ambush.

Also why you should never purchase bases other players happen to be selling for they could also have characters logged out in pre-made mines.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Zapt13 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:13 pm

The base was created by another well before the range on braziers was nerfed with whom I joined up. He stopped playing, I inherited it, I didn't purchase it.

But it is good advice for all, and advice I will make use of in the future.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Zapt13 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:47 am

Salvation? Why do you toy with my emotions!?!?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Return to Planters & Pilgrims