Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby HDHB » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:06 pm

I know it's been that way forever and later on one doesn't need to worry about it too much anymore, but can we get a way to know when our board piles will be dried in case we forgot which day we built them? I'm all hyped for finishing a plank wall for way too long now and I can't remember which day exactly I built the timber piles.
I was thinking maybe a system message "this pile can be harvested in x hours/minutes" upon right-clicking a drying boardpile, similar to the system message you get when trying to summon a perpetrator to a TbC.
Maybe this idea and I are just retarded, but it's driving me nuts every time I forget when I built piles, which has been almost every time I have built piles since they are a thing.
Jesus died for our sins. You should do the same.
HDHB

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:04 pm

HDHB wrote:I know it's been that way forever and later on one doesn't need to worry about it too much anymore, but can we get a way to know when our board piles will be dried in case we forgot which day we built them? I'm all hyped for finishing a plank wall for way too long now and I can't remember which day exactly I built the timber piles.
I was thinking maybe a system message "this pile can be harvested in x hours/minutes" upon right-clicking a drying boardpile, similar to the system message you get when trying to summon a perpetrator to a TbC.
Maybe this idea and I are just retarded, but it's driving me nuts every time I forget when I built piles, which has been almost every time I have built piles since they are a thing.

There is a timers function in the custom clients if you go under extended menu on the bottom right. You can there set up the time it takes for the timber piles to finish. The timer will continue to count down even if the client is not open and even if the computer is shut down.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby HDHB » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:10 pm

yes I know, but if I could remember to set timers my life would be a whole different one
Jesus died for our sins. You should do the same.
HDHB

Postby Zapt13 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Small Idea: Bring back the NPC stall that bought cotton cloth at 15 silver. My profits have shrunk just as my base repairs are nearing completion and the effective cost of a new bell has risen 50%!
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby riolic » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Zapt13 wrote:Small Idea: Bring back the NPC stall that bought cotton cloth at 15 silver. My profits have shrunk just as my base repairs are nearing completion and the effective cost of a new bell has risen 50%!

No, the effective cost has risen 50% if you are lazy with your silver making, other methods still can easily yield enough for a bell in a focused afternoon of playing.
riolic
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Please only post small ideas in this thread and keep the discussion to a minimum. I don't want to wade through pages of comments and trolling any time John says he's ready to add a patch. The windows I have to work in are small enough as it is. :/
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Chrumps » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:59 am

Bigger keyrings.
- wrought - 12 slots
- steel - 16 slots
- shop item - 24 slots - Janitor's keyring

PS. I know I can use one key for multiple locks.
Chrumps

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:48 am

Chrumps wrote:Bigger keyrings.
- wrought - 12 slots
- steel - 16 slots
- shop item - 24 slots - Janitor's keyring

PS. I know I can use one key for multiple locks.

+1
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Reviresco » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 am

Flagpoles you can carry would be cool--not sure how difficult that would be.
Reviresco

Postby rezal » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:55 am

Very small suggestion - combining 10 branches into a bundle of sticks (this is not a joke). Would make filling a fireplace much easier, I guess.
rezal

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations