Small Ideas Thread

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby HDHB » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:06 pm

I know it's been that way forever and later on one doesn't need to worry about it too much anymore, but can we get a way to know when our board piles will be dried in case we forgot which day we built them? I'm all hyped for finishing a plank wall for way too long now and I can't remember which day exactly I built the timber piles.
I was thinking maybe a system message "this pile can be harvested in x hours/minutes" upon right-clicking a drying boardpile, similar to the system message you get when trying to summon a perpetrator to a TbC.
Maybe this idea and I are just retarded, but it's driving me nuts every time I forget when I built piles, which has been almost every time I have built piles since they are a thing.
Jesus died for our sins. You should do the same.
HDHB
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:04 pm

HDHB wrote:I know it's been that way forever and later on one doesn't need to worry about it too much anymore, but can we get a way to know when our board piles will be dried in case we forgot which day we built them? I'm all hyped for finishing a plank wall for way too long now and I can't remember which day exactly I built the timber piles.
I was thinking maybe a system message "this pile can be harvested in x hours/minutes" upon right-clicking a drying boardpile, similar to the system message you get when trying to summon a perpetrator to a TbC.
Maybe this idea and I are just retarded, but it's driving me nuts every time I forget when I built piles, which has been almost every time I have built piles since they are a thing.


There is a timers function in the custom clients if you go under extended menu on the bottom right. You can there set up the time it takes for the timber piles to finish. The timer will continue to count down even if the client is not open and even if the computer is shut down.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby HDHB » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:10 pm

yes I know, but if I could remember to set timers my life would be a whole different one
Jesus died for our sins. You should do the same.
HDHB
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Zapt13 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Small Idea: Bring back the NPC stall that bought cotton cloth at 15 silver. My profits have shrunk just as my base repairs are nearing completion and the effective cost of a new bell has risen 50%!
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:41 am

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby riolic » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Zapt13 wrote:Small Idea: Bring back the NPC stall that bought cotton cloth at 15 silver. My profits have shrunk just as my base repairs are nearing completion and the effective cost of a new bell has risen 50%!

No, the effective cost has risen 50% if you are lazy with your silver making, other methods still can easily yield enough for a bell in a focused afternoon of playing.
riolic
Customer
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:02 am

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Please only post small ideas in this thread and keep the discussion to a minimum. I don't want to wade through pages of comments and trolling any time John says he's ready to add a patch. The windows I have to work in are small enough as it is. :/
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3652
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Chrumps » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:59 am

Bigger keyrings.
- wrought - 12 slots
- steel - 16 slots
- shop item - 24 slots - Janitor's keyring

PS. I know I can use one key for multiple locks.
Chrumps
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:48 am

Chrumps wrote:Bigger keyrings.
- wrought - 12 slots
- steel - 16 slots
- shop item - 24 slots - Janitor's keyring

PS. I know I can use one key for multiple locks.

+1
Dallane wrote:Sorry for the trolling and derailing. I updated the OP with the fix action you found. GJ sir!
ZoddAlmighty
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Reviresco » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 am

Flagpoles you can carry would be cool--not sure how difficult that would be.
User avatar
Reviresco
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby rezal » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:55 am

Very small suggestion - combining 10 branches into a bundle of sticks (this is not a joke). Would make filling a fireplace much easier, I guess.
rezal
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests