Add a different payment method

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Add a different payment method

Postby mrblack » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:44 am

Hello! Add a different payment method. I can not pay via paypal or card. Please, add Amazon pay, WebMoney, Skrill, Payeer, Payza, QIWI and Bitcoin.
Or add Salem bundle on humblebundle, bundlestars or indiegala.

I would love to pay for Miner's Pack and Farmer's Pack. But my card is not working with paypal. :cry:
mrblack

Re: Add a different payment method

Postby Forungi » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:37 am

It boggles my mind how you can use any of the mentioned methods, but not paypal.
Forungi

Postby mrblack » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:22 am

Forungi wrote:It boggles my mind how you can use any of the mentioned methods, but not paypal.

Russia... are hate paypal.... :roll:

P.S.: I am freelance and receiving payments only this ways. If I will use paypal... I need to pay fee about 10%. Can admins add Xsolla payment module or something like that?
mrblack

Postby Darwoth » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:46 pm

bitcoin is pretty easy to use and set up for anyone, probably wont happen since most likely you would be the only dude using them but yeah some of the more stable crypto currencies like bitcoin i could see being useful for some folks overseas in various situations.
Darwoth

Postby yozzik » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 pm

Why can't we have Xsolla and pay the way we want? The Other Game has it as the second payment method and it's really cool.
yozzik

Postby Darwoth » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:24 am

prob because that is all wierd euro **** and as an american company there are pain in the ass factors involved in setting up payments with many of those companies, i do think bitcoins however would be a quite easy alternative as it accessible to everyone, takes 5 minutes to set up a wallet and there are now numerous ATMs where you can exchange bitcoins for currency or you can link it to a legit bank account now in this country as well.
Darwoth

Postby Forungi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:39 am

Darwoth wrote:prob because that is all wierd euro **** and as an american company there are pain in the ass factors involved in setting up payments with many of those companies, i do think bitcoins however would be a quite easy alternative as it accessible to everyone, takes 5 minutes to set up a wallet and there are now numerous ATMs where you can exchange bitcoins for currency or you can link it to a legit bank account now in this country as well.

This is true and also why you can't just put a new payment method from nowhere.
**** takes time, might even have to sign a few contracts etc this aint kindergarden
Forungi

Postby yozzik » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:23 am

this aint kindergarden

Running the game ain't a kindergarten too, eh?
Let's set a shop, but you won't pay, and you too, and you weird guys won't pay too. And then we'll say players don't pay enough.

all wierd euro ****

Oh, this game is for mericans only? Since when? I've missed something.
I think i also missed a time when paying with bitcoins became easier than paying with my bank card.
Get your head out of your... dreams.

A digital product operator in 2017 (as well as 5-10 years ago) can't excuse like that.
yozzik

Postby Forungi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 am

You say the other game has Xsolla yes but I don't think you understand it took them months to get that finalized.
Forungi

Postby yozzik » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:47 am

Forungi wrote:You say the other game has Xsolla yes but I don't think you understand it took them months to get that finalized.

Did i said "i don't realize" or "xsolla should be available tomorrow"? I'm in game development and i know what it takes to implement a payment system. I also understand that letting players throw their money the way they want is a must.
yozzik

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations