how not to turn into a pilgrimsicle?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

how not to turn into a pilgrimsicle?

Postby dahlia » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:33 am

hi. i started playing today, and i saw im getting cold. the tooltip say i need to go inside or make cloths. can't go inside my lean-to, so i gather up stuff an make jute pant, jute hat, leaf mask and hay shoe. but even though im wearing them still i turn into an ice cube. i tried making a fire and i didnt get no warmer. i dont know to do. if anybody can give me some advice i can appreciate it.
dahlia

Re: how not to turn into a pilgrimsicle?

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:05 am

Go into a building to warm up. The barn in Providence is a pretty good place for it. Or build a Pilgrim's Hovel, if you can. A cape will also go a long way to making you warmer.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby kill5link » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:10 pm

You will have to warp to providence and seek shelter in a house until the hypothermia debuff is gone.
Once you go outside, it'll be back at 97 and you will have to search through hollow stumps for cobwebs and snake skins.
Use those to craft clothing. Also pick up raven feathers to craft a cape.

During coldsnap season its a time race if you dont have enough clothes. The temperature drop for each coldsnap is different and
this season is especially nasty since you need almost a full set to stop dropping in temperature.

don't bother with making a fire, just activate running and speed to the hollow stomps, but make sure you can still make it to some homestead in time to warp back to providence.

An alternative option would be to wait until the season changes and it gets warmer. The season changes every week.
kill5link

Postby Taipion » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:39 pm

kill5link wrote:just activate running and speed to the hollow stomps

Feels like running has no effect even with the lowest possible cold debuff. -.-

Anyone can confirm?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:13 pm

Taipion wrote:

Anyone can confirm?

Running has the effect of finding snake skins faster so you can make some decent clothes.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:51 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Taipion wrote:

Anyone can confirm?

Running has the effect of finding snake skins faster so you can make some decent clothes.

You did not answer the question at hand:

If you have a cold debuff, does running actually make you run faster, or just drains phlegm?

If you carry something over your head, or you are slowed due to pulling a sled in everbloom, running does not make you run faster (iirc).

If you are slowed due to being encumbered, running does make you run faster (iirc).

And if you have a cold debuff, it does not look like running makes you run faster, Right?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby belgear » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:09 am

Beg someone in town to make you some clothes. There are actually a lot of decent pilgrims running around (careful tho some will be not decent)
belgear
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:46 am

I tried giving out dusters, capes, earmuffs, etc., and at least 4 out of the 6 people I helped were trolls.
Reviresco

Return to Help!