Game lags as hell

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Game lags as hell

Postby dhratlach » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Just to say. I'm back from a long break (blame life for it!) and the game lags... terribly.

Is there a solution for this? ...or shall I forfeit the game?
dhratlach
Customer

Re: Game lags as hell

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:53 pm

dhratlach wrote:Just to say. I'm back from a long break (blame life for it!) and the game lags... terribly.

Is there a solution for this? ...or shall I forfeit the game?

No one has been reporting terrible lag. Can you give more information? Perhaps a problem with your connection or software?
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Reviresco » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Which client are you using?

Have you made any changes to your computer since you played last (firewall, etc)?
Reviresco

Postby dhratlach » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Which client are you using?

Have you made any changes to your computer since you played last (firewall, etc)?

No significiant changes since last time. Mostly same programs, same applications and same firewall. My software is pretty monolit.

No one has been reporting terrible lag. Can you give more information? Perhaps a problem with your connection or software?

Don't know about any software, nor connection problems. Just installed java for the game and a client. The standard one that comes form the site.

Any ideas?
dhratlach
Customer

Postby dhratlach » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Okey cocaine!

Fixed it by doing some most arcane and bloody magic. That was a bit tricky, but it works right now and is playable, so victory!

Thanks a lot to all the helpfull souls! :D
dhratlach
Customer

Postby Zapt13 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:18 pm

Maybe check your task manager and see if your CPU is very loaded? It is hard to say at this point if it's related to actual latency between you (client) and the server, or if it's truly a computer performance problem.

I use the Latikai and don't have any trouble, haven't used the basic client in years: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7681

Also, some players have released modifications that reduce the texture quality of terrain, for example: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10171

Edit: If you could share what you did to fix it, you might be able to help others in the future
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Faultierstein » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:03 pm

ive never had issues unless my internet was sucky, i would check connections...both physical and virtual i can even play off a hotspot from my phone and no lag, even with a 15 year old laptop that has windows xp
Faultierstein

Postby dhratlach » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Actually, I've done quite a bit, but only after creating a new toon the game "reset" and "unlagged". Odd, but true. Sometimes, the most simple of solutions seem to be the key. :mrgreen:

By the way, just realised my account was compromised and somebody stole quite a bit of my most valueable stuff. Damn. :x
dhratlach
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:56 pm

How would your account be compromised, or how would you know? If you mean the email address then fine, but otherwise it was likely a case of the new loot rules affecting you. It's now possible for people to steal out of your leanto, and if you lack a leanto or hearth location entirely you lose your inventory.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:03 pm

lachlaan wrote:How would your account be compromised, or how would you know? If you mean the email address then fine, but otherwise it was likely a case of the new loot rules affecting you. It's now possible for people to steal out of your leanto, and if you lack a leanto or hearth location entirely you lose your inventory.

I suspect it was a shared account, just going by the difference in English proficiency and use of "we" you can find on his trade thread:

dhratlach wrote:Image

Welcome to Jawa's Sandcrawler Market Plaza!

We are currently sorting out our wares so stay tuned for updates of what we are selling, and buying!
Currently, all droids we had are sold out, but fear not! We shall ride the waves of sand to bring you a new batch as soon as we laid our hands on them!

WTB:

-=- On hold -=-

- Items come first if we dont know you well.

WTS:

-=- on hold -=-

-Money comes first if we don't know you well.

We, the Jawa's Sandcrawler Market Plaza, kindly encourage or clients and contractors to leave a feedback of the trade below, so that we might improve or Customer Servces based on your feedback and to let us know that we do a good job. Thank you very much for your kind words, it means much to us.

-
-

DubiousTraders, a list of those that have scammed us, a defcon for others so they would know, and act in trading with them at their own risk.
-
Reviresco

Next

Return to Help!