Happy 5th Birthday Salem

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Happy 5th Birthday Salem

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:21 pm

yeah in hindsight i am sure you are corrrect, according to recent cnn polls there were thousands of people with a retarded name like tom bombadil roaming around during the first 2 or 3 weeks of the server.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:59 pm

You sending a PM from your other accounts doesn't count. Post the actual PM and lets see if it's you or not.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Claeyt » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:46 pm

belgear wrote:The siege on Darwoth's siege town at rustatorium was pretty epic. After hours and hours and finally KOing his alt inside he managed to sneak another alt passed fukn 6 people through a gate to ransom out. That is probably the single most crazy thing I have seen in this game. Literally just ran straight through six people and got through a door.

That battle was pretty epic from what I remember. What was his siege town named again? Is there a link to a thread? Did Juda make a video that I missed? Or was it like 'The 4 month Siege of Arcadia' where no thread or video was recorded? I remembered that siege when I was making my list but it failed right? He didn't get in, did he? Or am I remembering it wrong?

Darwoth wrote:there are way to many to list for just five impressive moments, to many to list for a top 10 or even top 20 really, i easily lose sight of how boring it must be for the average player that does not dabble in conflict or who is allied with half the server thus has few viable targets. in any case i may be biased but i certainly would have included the month and a half long turd claim on my town by the kzerg as a "top battle" for example as between me trying to sneak in to bust the wall and the various folks there we skirmished in the field almost daily for over a month. sometimes they ran me off, sometimes i would get one down but he would be ransomed out by the others plus many other moments of hilarity as each side came up with some new annoyance to ***** with the other one and so on. funniest thing to me was that the top slot did not even produce much silver at the time so the while thing was just a giant pissing contest :lol:

'The Poop Claim Battle of the 2 Couches' was definitely a "moment" in Salem history but it didn't really fit any of the categories. It wasn't really a raid because it wasn't a Waste claim. It WAS a PvP battle but it was mostly siege tactics and I was trying to mostly include open field PvP chases and battles in my list of PvP actions (even if some of them were zerg chases).

Darwoth wrote:yeah in hindsight i am sure you are corrrect, according to recent cnn polls there were thousands of people with a retarded name like tom bombadil roaming around during the first 2 or 3 weeks of the server.

Whatever. Just because you KO'd some guy out in the world that I traded with you think it's me? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dallane wrote:You sending a PM from your other accounts doesn't count. Post the actual PM and lets see if it's you or not.

I'll let the person who sent me that PM decide if he wants to reveal that he PM'd me. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Claeyt

Postby Heffernan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Darwoth wrote:yeah in hindsight i am sure you are corrrect, according to recent cnn polls there were thousands of people with a retarded name like tom bombadil roaming around during the first 2 or 3 weeks of the server.

Hey, Darwoth you owe me something ¦]

Heffernan

Postby Forungi » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Wow exposed to the next level :lol: :lol:
Forungi

Postby gorniksam » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Heffernan wrote:

:?: :?: :?:
gorniksam

Postby Dallane » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Claeyt wrote:I'll let the person who sent me that PM decide if he wants to reveal that he PM'd me. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm sure they won't and didn't just like everyone crying to you about me that you never sent to Meow.

If you don't want to "out" them. Report the PM and lets see since I'm unable to reveal info that way.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Heffernan wrote:

well i was trying to keep your role concealed you derp :lol:

but yes, the eagle flies at midnight and the chair is no longer against the wall.

(btw usually have puu and the other crappier junk image sites blocked had to take filter off to see that, use imgur like a true sage of the internet)
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Heff is clay the person you listened to when you made a fool of yourself in discord?

Dallane

Postby Claeyt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:09 am

Darwoth wrote:well i was trying to keep your role concealed you derp :lol:

I don't know what Heff's been telling you but he's probably wrong. Heff has tried to guess my main for awhile now and I keep telling him he's probably talking to random players and not me. I trade with dozens of players with Belethor. I don't know why you guys think I'd trade with myself in Providence with my main but I don't. I occasionally shuttle some explorer or granite alt through providence but that's it.

Heffernan wrote:

I've admitted I had a TomBombadil account forever since Dallane outed it. I've used it for the last 3 months after my known accounts of Claeyt and Stinky couldn't be used since it's known now so I don't know what you're talking about if you think I'm trying to keep him secret.

There is a Tom Bombadil on the account. He's not my main. He's not anything. He was just an explorer who I got up to being a mayor in case I needed one. This is his character pic. He's never been KO'd.

Claeyt

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill