Happy 5th Birthday Salem

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Happy 5th Birthday Salem

Postby Heffernan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:36 am

Darwoth wrote: "the greatest this or that" some might be fairly notable, but most of the things you pointed out are pretty minor.

if u think these are minor u should post your own adventures and have us take part in ur cleague-cleaning ¦]
Heffernan

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:39 am

well when you stand as a giant among the mountains themselves as i do it is hard to notice little piles of claeyt droppings.

but yeah i still plan to upload all that crap eventually including numerous fraps videos that show quite a different perspective than some of the heavily edited ones that have popped up here and there, just a matter of having time to get around to it because it is no longer a matter of sorting through screencaps and footage + doing a writeup but building a newer website as well so that it actually works with the server it is on, since i am not a "real" web developer and last built one from scratch like a decade ago i have to relearn all the new ****, sift through the dumbed down pre packaged blogger ***** crap i dont want to use and so on which will take a week or two just to get something up that i am happy with and go from there.

i prob wont get to all of that until i punish a few people like tampialarm for their endless efforts to ruin salem and make it communist.
Darwoth

Postby Reviresco » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:26 am

Salem is like the trash compactor scene from Star Wars, except the trash, walls, and monsters are all played by people.
Reviresco

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:46 am

Reviresco wrote:Salem is like the trash compactor scene from Star Wars, except the trash, walls, and monsters are all played by people.

well obviously the floating trash is a mix of newbs, skeletons and destroyed towns, the enclosing walls are the devs crushing the will out of the playerbase, i am han solo, kandarim is r2d2, taipion is c3po and kuku is chewbacca but who shall fill the other roles, like the one eyed monster thing, luke, leia etc.
Darwoth

Postby Reviresco » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:50 am

Darwoth wrote:
Reviresco wrote:Salem is like the trash compactor scene from Star Wars, except the trash, walls, and monsters are all played by people.

well obviously the floating trash is a mix of newbs, skeletons and destroyed towns, the enclosing walls are the devs crushing the will out of the playerbase, i am han solo, kandarim is r2d2, taipion is c3po and kuku is chewbacca but who shall fill the other roles, like the one eyed monster thing, luke, leia etc.

I think the monster thing would be Marp b/c it has tentacles and eyestalks, which are both somewhat phallic.
Reviresco

Postby Forungi » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:15 am

This was even worse than a clickbait news article with ads.
Forungi

Postby Claeyt » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:58 am

Kandarim wrote:do the paradox forums not count?

They do, but there's no record of them left and it was only 3 months for the Beta play right? It was pretty limited if I remember right. Only one of my RL group of friends who played Roanoke even tried the beta play and he was late to it.

Dallane wrote:No one has done this.

Literally have a PM asking me for this in my inbox as I get back on. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Darwoth wrote:claegue

Well with your main character, 'The Surgeon General' dead and the body even owned by Kuku there's no stopping me now. :D

Darwoth wrote:That is definitely a pretty lackluster list of "stuff" that you have continually repeated for years now as "the greatest this or that" some might be fairly notable, but most of the things you pointed out are pretty minor. maybe if you played the game since roanoke other than to log in and stand in town for ten minutes when you hear a rumor to try and catch pieces of gossip to whisper about you would be current.

Then post your own 'Top 5' right here on this thread. There are plenty of stuff like 'The Fall of Arcadia', 'The Civil War of Rustatorium', The 'City of Dreams' raids, 'The Treason of Brayns' that I didn't include because there's no thread or video of it. Let's see your lists.

Darwoth wrote:btw, your main was one of the first characters i met randomly in the field on providence mr bombadil, pretty sure i even still have you kinned on the scout i was on at the time. you were out prospecting, as was i. i KOed you but did not kill you as you had like 30 hp, newb clothes and around 100 silver. did not have murder on that dude and it was not worth the effort to run another guy out so i let you go. oh how i wish i had known at the time just who the bloodied newb at my feet was :lol:

I have not been KO'd by a player on Providence other than once by JC when he dropped me in the ocean during an event. There are like 8 Tom Bombadil's in the game. I've got 5 of them on Bele's kin list so it's probably one of them you met. It's not that unique. I do have a character named 'Tom Bombadil' he's just a minor mayor character but he's not my main and he's never been KO'd. Claeyt is my main and only my town mates have him kinned and he owns no Pclaims to memorize and he's not a mayor anywhere. He's basically just my tailor/farmer and character I'm going for Lucky on. 'Claeyt' hasn't been to Providence in well over a year because he's now a witch so I doubt you know him.

Darwoth wrote:edit: what the ***** are you talking about? darnok never controlled anything, not even his own town perimeter :lol:

I was mostly making fun of Darnok's self grandizing last world. People don't know this but Darnok at one point was the mayor of 2 different towns of 10+ people on Roanoke, 'Order of the Crimson Rose' and that other one with the Polish name on the East side of the lake where 'Candy Island' was.

Dallane wrote:I like how one of his greatest raids is a dead town with zero loot and everything destroyed 6 months b4 it was raided.

Which one are you talking about? If it's CoD I'm talking about when Juda and BigWilly and Lallaith were up against Chief and Binks.

Judaism wrote:Some are not entirely accurate in ranking or at all, I agree. A lot of it seems focused on 2012-2013 but then again a lot more did happen prior server merge. Some great fights, as silly and noobish they were also went on in Popham and victories over servers also should be in the books.

Either way, who cares he's biased and tries to give some remote objective perspective.

Make your own 'Top 5' list here in this thread then. I'd love to see it and compare them. These are my 'Top 5's' which I'm willing to argue for but convince me otherwise and I'll change them.
Claeyt

Postby belgear » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:17 am

The siege on Darwoth's siege town at rustatorium was pretty epic. After hours and hours and finally KOing his alt inside he managed to sneak another alt passed fukn 6 people through a gate to ransom out. That is probably the single most crazy thing I have seen in this game. Literally just ran straight through six people and got through a door.
belgear
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:56 am

there are way to many to list for just five impressive moments, to many to list for a top 10 or even top 20 really, i easily lose sight of how boring it must be for the average player that does not dabble in conflict or who is allied with half the server thus has few viable targets. in any case i may be biased but i certainly would have included the month and a half long turd claim on my town by the kzerg as a "top battle" for example as between me trying to sneak in to bust the wall and the various folks there we skirmished in the field almost daily for over a month. sometimes they ran me off, sometimes i would get one down but he would be ransomed out by the others plus many other moments of hilarity as each side came up with some new annoyance to ***** with the other one and so on. funniest thing to me was that the top slot did not even produce much silver at the time so the while thing was just a giant pissing contest :lol:

but, both sides did get a unique couch for their efforts.

likewise several recent encounters such as the 5v5 (or whatever it was) at zodds town would be more notable than a lot of the crap you posted.

i have screenshots somewhere of standing over tom bombadil in the dirt. same one i have seen you trade with multiple times. if you recall you ran from me initially but then purely by chance i said something like "hey tom wait up" figuring you might start typing and be slowed down or stop to say you were not tom, but turns out you were a tom :lol: anyway you stopped and got KOed.

the surgeon general stopped being levelled in any fashion by me since long before popham during a few month burnout phase that i was playing a UO emulator instead, have had numerous raider characters with a higher scalp score and double the stats (as that is now a requirement to raid basic **** since the jinglebombed patch) since..... before popham also :lol: the walking aircraft carrier that can thrust for several hundred damage against an armored opponent is now my primary and has been since the day i made him a long time ago, not that it really matters since it is simply not possible to defeat me even if that character were also to be killed, i simply have to many fighters, holdings, resources and experience to utilize and am spread to wide to ever be beaten, the only thing that can "defeat" me in salem is crappy mechanics leading to apathy or a wipe which would just see me being content having won every server i played and finding a new group of tards to conquer.

i may get zerged 2 - 3 times a year and a big forum production made of it because it is me (which alone speaks volumes, particularly since it is always at least 4 or 5 vs 1, **** that would not have even been worthy of talking about for most people) yet the continued 20+ to 1 kill ratio of equal or higher value characters i have maintained against enemy factions when to date i have not had a wingman across multiple servers/years of play and have tangled with up to 18 or so people at once on a few occasions tells me i must be pretty competent. maybe you forgot who destroyed your home servers top power faction in under two months after starting there from scratch to the point alloin was about to suicide his main character so that i would not get to kill him (had scents, but it was pre tbc so they lasted months yet i had to raid him to use them and had just placed the TBF) but instead he agreed to surrender and end hostilities by giving me some of his gear, a bunch of purity humus and a swordspam handshake (that you were witness to)

anyway point is your list is retarded, not to waste my time on the wave of fake news swirling out of the rectal hole in the middle of your face.
Darwoth

Postby Claeyt » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Darwoth wrote:i have screenshots somewhere of standing over tom bombadil in the dirt. same one i have seen you trade with multiple times. if you recall you ran from me initially but then purely by chance i said something like "hey tom wait up" figuring you might start typing and be slowed down or stop to say you were not tom, but turns out you were a tom :lol: anyway you stopped and got KOed.

I have no idea what you're talking about. This wasn't me. I have never been KO'd like that.

I trade with a lot of people. It's probably just one of them. I rarely trade with myself through town and instead just trade in sheds at home unless it's some explorer of mine out in the wilderness.

I just logged on my Tom Bombadil character for the first time in like 3 months just now to check his kin list and I don't have any character of yours mem'd or kinned with him. I don't use him for trading.

Next time you're on describe who ever you're talking about to Belethor but I don't think it's one of mine.
Claeyt

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill