Renovate Turkey Feeding

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Renovate Turkey Feeding

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:44 pm

Ability to overcap turkey coops or food throughs to 200% of their current maximum.
Every % after 100% will need twice as much investement to be obtained.
It is very useful for players who are not there every day or if someone loses their net for couple of days.
ZoddAlmighty

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:20 pm

If you don't want to maintain your turkeys just put fewer in each coop.
DarkNacht

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Ability to overcap turkey coops or food throughs to 200% of their current maximum.
Every % after 100% will need twice as much investement to be obtained.
It is very useful for players who are not there every day or if someone loses their net for couple of days.

I rather like this. Fewer in each coop helps if you're not logging in a lot, sure, but it also means more coops, which means much more space required, and more overall turkeys as you need a male for each coop unless you don't care about the eggs and are only looking for poo.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:23 pm

DarkNacht wrote:If you don't want to maintain your turkeys just put fewer in each coop.

Yes, you can have less turkey per coop.
But imagine having 300 of them. It is a pain to manage that much every day.
Id rather have diminishing returns on food (You've put to much, some of it spills) than have a rather low cap.
How many people lost their coops for not being able to log on time for various reasons?
It is not a game breaking idea, its just a quality of life improvement.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:20 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
DarkNacht wrote:If you don't want to maintain your turkeys just put fewer in each coop.

Id rather have diminishing returns on food (You've put to much, some of it spills) than have a rather low cap.
How many people lost their coops for not being able to log on time for various reasons?

Even if you overload your coop with 15 turkeys it will last for more than 2 days.

I was on vacation once for 3 weeks and it was no problem, coops are cheap to make and 1 turkey alone last for like 3 months.
Also there is unlimited space in mines for such occasions the crash connected with that is annoying and should be fixed, but does not prevent you from doing it like that.

If you made it so as you say, you'd always had to be careful how much you put in, and using seedbags for filling would be a no-go if you don't do so many fields each day that you throw away 90% of the seeds anyways,
otherwise you waste a whooping 50% of your food, at least.

Best part is, if you care for eggs, not to even speak of hatching them, you need to check them daily anyways, and if you don't, you don't need a gobbler and can vary the amount per coop however you like while still using the same amount of food,
from them lasting anything between 2 and ~90 days, leaving the only "improvement" the space you save, whereas space is no issue anyways.

Add to that, that this kind of mechanic is nowhere to be seen yet, and would likely require much precious dev time that could be used much better in other places.

But that probably wasn't a serious idea anyways, right? ¦]

[edit:]
I'm not saying a higher food cap would be bad, but not if it works like that.

A really nice thing for more relaxed turkey farming would be, if coops had more slots, that would both benefit people who play all day and check them multiple times daily, as it would allow more turkeys per coop, but also more storage for droppings, so less need to empty them frequently.
That actually would be a nice thing and make sense, instead of having droppings in stockbins, just store them in coops with more slots.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:06 pm

Taipion wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:

Even if you overload your coop with 15 turkeys it will last for more than 2 days.

I was on vacation once for 3 weeks and it was no problem, coops are cheap to make and 1 turkey alone last for like 3 months.
Also there is unlimited space in mines for such occasions the crash connected with that is annoying and should be fixed, but does not prevent you from doing it like that.

If you made it so as you say, you'd always had to be careful how much you put in, and using seedbags for filling would be a no-go if you don't do so many fields each day that you throw away 90% of the seeds anyways,

Best part is, if you care for eggs, not to even speak of hatching them, you need to check them daily anyways, and if you don't, you don't need a gobbler and can vary the amount per coop however you like while still using the same amount of food,
from them lasting anything between 2 and ~90 days, leaving the only "improvement" the space you save, whereas space is no issue anyways.

Add to that, that this kind of mechanic is nowhere to be seen yet, and would likely require much precious dev time that could be used much better in other places.

A really nice thing for more relaxed turkey farming would be, if coops had more slots, that would both benefit people who play all day and check them multiple times daily, as it would allow more turkeys per coop, but also more storage for droppings, so less need to empty them frequently.
That actually would be a nice thing and make sense, instead of having droppings in stockbins, just store them in coops with more slots.

Wow, just store everything in the mine.
Dont try to play game 'realistically' at all. I bet if you could you would even place an orchard there.
No, i dont want to make 400 coops for 400 turkeys but if you want go right ahead. I am talking about people who are not able to log every second day due to various reasons.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:38 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Wow, just store everything in the mine.
Dont try to play game 'realistically' at all. I bet if you could you would even place an orchard there.
No, i dont want to make 400 coops for 400 turkeys but if you want go right ahead. I am talking about people who are not able to log every second day due to various reasons.

Not log in every 2 days, but make enough cotton to feed 300 turkeys with the seeds, or going by your mechanic, 450 (food worth) for 300 (with coops filled to double cap)?

I'd rather build 50%-100% more coops above the standard 12 hens/coop approach and just have 9 or 6 hens per coop that would last ~10 or ~15 days respectively and save work on the food making part.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Taipion wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:Wow, just store everything in the mine.

Not log in every 2 days, but make enough cotton to feed 300 turkeys with the seeds, or going by your mechanic, 450 (food worth) for 300 (with coops filled to double cap)?

I'd rather build 50%-100% more coops above the standard 12 hens/coop approach and just have 9 or 6 hens per coop that would last ~10 or ~15 days respectively and save work on the food making part.

You are acting like it's hard to make food for turkeys or something.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:56 pm

Taipion wrote:Even if you overload your coop with 15 turkeys it will last for more than 2 days.

this is why almost nobody of worth posts in the ideas forum, retards like taipion with 10 rabbit turds and 5000 garden pots that use bots because they can not even accomplish that low end droolcup level of gameplay on their own who falsely think they know anything about **** yet are the sort that LOVE to tell you all about the topic they are ignorant on and why you are wrong for the sake of being a pompous cockholster.

back to the suggestion.

i have quite a number of fertiles and something like 60 geese. i keep them 6 per coop and have an absurd number of space sucking coops as a result. i do not even keep more than one coop of purity gimp normal turkeys which consume far less food because the fertiles are enough of a pain in the ass. i refill these coops daily and i have about 30 hours until they are empty again. i keep my ratio at six turkeys a coop which is less than most. so yeah anyone that does not want to be forced to turn into a southpark ***** to feed the turkeys can see the wisdom in food limits being increased ten fold instead of the current 100 since people like to do **** other than be forced to log in every 24 hours to do yet another retard maintenance chore and letting the coops fill up with **** until no eggs can be laid to slow down consumption kind of defeats the whole damn point of keeping them in the first place.

i grew up rural, as a kid i had a job on farms several summers. fed lots of chickens and even turkeys one year. they did not run out of food in a day because we had giant ***** cisterns full of hundreds of pounds of feed instead of a half pound bag of grandma special for the birdfeeder next to the mailbox like salem currently does.

the same problem is had with livestock only on a far worse level, particularly combined with the other gems involved like certain animals dumping their food all over the ground causing everyone to starve to death if you miss it or just outright killing one another. the food issue can be lowered by adjusting their metabolism and mine have decent metabolism now in spite of not spending much time trying to power it. even at the best levels any medium to large herd of livestock (enough to be useful) means that the space efficiency of putting some 15 - 20 or so feed trays per barn like i have is still not enough to last more than a day before it runs out and everything starts to take a **** (starvation, sickness, anger due to everyone dirtnapping etc). the food limit on troughs needs the cap raised to 5000 vs the current 500, likewise animal corpses need to be able to be walked through as one can with a cut down log, anyone from popham that has experienced a knotted together mangle of animal corpses that require an hour of reloading the building and trying every angle to snatch a carcass but still cant because the layered hitboxes make it more impregnable than the wall of dead assholes that the spartans made can understand.

since the rest of the entire game combined was to incompetent to throw a small pile of boards and nails together during the two years they had to do so and as a result have no idea about the mechanic at all i suppose the typical ideas forum "experts" like tampion will only give a half dozen grand suggestions and nihilistic condemnations to snort out while bouncing up and down on his pink bean bag sized soccerball instead of twenty for why the rare item of remote value posted here needs to be argued with.

as the roanoke version of claeyt you are a typical permanewb, you have no idea what you are doing in any regard to **** except a third or fourth party rendition of what you read from other people on the forum or in the wikipedia that also do not know what they are talking about. zodds town is one of the few on the server that have end game infrastructure and resource production that they developed and tested themselves instead of reading forum posts or often incorrect wikipedia entries and as a result know a lot more about every aspect of the game than you do. he is correct that the food pools in coops, troths and so on need to be increased and by a very large margin. you may now hang your head in shame for daring to opine in the first place.
Darwoth

Postby Messyng » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Have foxes as a pests, who will snatch a turkey or two or maybe a poultry if the owner has not checked the last 24 hours :) :) :D :D ;) ;) :D :D ;) ;) :D

brilliant idea.jpg
brilliant idea.jpg (6.72 KiB) Viewed 10725 times
Due to the circumstances, due to my stubbornness.
Messyng

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations