Help in combat

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Help in combat

Postby Exulansis » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:18 am

Hi everyone... Here the same noob as always, this time I'm trying to work on my fighting... I got the fencing skill and the sword but that made me realize ho little I get how to combat properly. I mean... There are attacks, maneuvers and moves but even if I am already experimenting with them I would appreciate some tips and warning about them. For exemple if I go hunting I notice that the sword attack deals almost double damage then the stomp but for me it seems harder to use but I really don't know if it's just me that I am not using my keyboard and mouse in the best way...
Hope I explained what I'd need enough well, thanks :))
Exulansis

Re: Help in combat

Postby riker88 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:04 pm

I found the best way to kill most creatures is to use stomp as your opening move typically that will stun them and then stab them with the sword one to two times for the kill. Obviously rabbits and crickets usually die with the opening Stomp beavers usually only take one hit with a sword dear Take 2 to 3. That's based on about 100 yellow bile. Make sure to stay close to deers otherwise they'll charge you and break bones.

Bears are a little bit more tricky typically the way I'll handle those is I'll do the charge attack stabbing with the sword 1-2 times, retreat rinse and repeat. I recommended minimum 175 biles for Bears.

You don't really need to use any other forms of attack.
If you don't have swords yet, then punch and uppercut is your best friend
Last edited by riker88 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riker88
Customer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:17 pm

Im pretty sure you should have the option 'god path' on and open up with bull charge.
But again im pretty newb player, idk if you should listen to my advice. :D
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Lihz » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:26 pm

Well, using gob paths and opening with bullrun and double thrust is not a bad idea for any creature from beaver/deer ->
Lihz
Customer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:54 pm

Lihz wrote:Well, using gob paths and opening with bullrun and double thrust is not a bad idea for any creature from beaver/deer ->

Yes i just said that. God path and bullcharge.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Dallane » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:57 pm

Depends on the animal but looking for the gob path option will give you the noobie tools to learn how to use charge then follow it up with 2 thrust then go from there.

There is a really good hunting guide somewhere in this section that gives a rundown on how to fight each animal.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Qiresea » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:10 pm

Dallane wrote:There is a really good hunting guide somewhere in this section that gives a rundown on how to fight each animal.

this one?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12911
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Dallane » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Qiresea wrote:
Dallane wrote:There is a really good hunting guide somewhere in this section that gives a rundown on how to fight each animal.

this one?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12911

Yes! Thank you!

Rubberduck does a great rundown on hunting.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Qiresea » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:48 pm

i have added a link to this guide on the wiki page of "Creatures" under "Hunting Guide", i hope it will be easier to find this way in the future
http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Category:Creatures
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby Dallane » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Qiresea wrote:i have added a link to this guide on the wiki page of "Creatures" under "Hunting Guide", i hope it will be easier to find this way in the future
http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Category:Creatures

Good deal. Thanks a ton!

Dallane

Next

Return to Help!