Writing Books for a Living -- Is It Possible?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Writing Books for a Living -- Is It Possible?

Postby SirFillingsworth » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:18 pm

Hello, I was wondering... is it possible to make a living selling books? Can you sell books? I noticed the guy in providence, and it made me wonder if I should become an author. 100 silver per book isn't bad at all, but does any of it actually go to the author? This excites me greatly, and I would really appreciate any help that you guys here on the forums could provide. Of course, I don't have the required skills yet, but I'm really looking towards the future. I would really like to be a published author, distributing my Grimoires and such :P

Anyways, thanks for reading this post. I hope you have a great day!
SirFillingsworth

Re: Writing Books for a Living -- Is It Possible?

Postby Dallane » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:39 pm

If you actually made a decent story that would get people interested in using 100s then yea someone will buy it. No one has really taken advantage of books other than trolling and scamming. It would be amazing to have actual books in game. If you do make a book then post about it in HoB and get players interested.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby SirFillingsworth » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:00 pm

Yeah, I've noticed that some are sorta troll-ish. I still need to work on my skills first, but I think I won't dissapoint :)
SirFillingsworth

Postby Messyng » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Somehow I doubt it, then again if you where to be somekind of journalist and be able to get to events and places and give account with full details. Then maybe ppl would be willing to buy the most recent newspapper/book.

I don’t see this option to be feasible, I think it is easier to just imagine and invent a tale/ adventure and have it in chapters, but then again it must be really good for ppl to want to read the next chapters. There are plenty of topics and rumours to talk about since we are living in a mysterious period where witches live among the pilgrims.

Don't get discouraged and challenge yourself to do various things.
Due to the circumstances, due to my stubbornness.
Messyng

Postby Taipion » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:17 pm

Books for trolling, yes, there should be a way to clearly identify a book before buying it from the npc.

As it stands, buying a book other then from a trusted player stall or player directly is a complete waste, and should be fixed.

I see how it seemed to be fun at first, but it makes it completely unusable and buying books in that way could just as well be removed from the game without changing anything, and that is kind of a bad thing for such a feature.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to Help!