Logged out, occupied now.

Forum for bugs and technical problems.

Logged out, occupied now.

Postby xSHANEx » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:40 am

I closed the application because while I was foraging I got stuck in a log (this is the first time it happened). Clicking wouldn't let me get off. Anyways I tried to re-log and now I am getting this. I was stuck at first but it was a glitch with the game and it'd suck to lose everything I worked for over a glitch in the game.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (50.01 KiB) Viewed 7712 times
xSHANEx

Re: Logged out, occupied now.

Postby Taipion » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:42 am

xSHANEx wrote:I closed the application because while I was foraging I got stuck in a log (this is the first time it happened). Clicking wouldn't let me get off. Anyways I tried to re-log and now I am getting this. I was stuck at first but it was a glitch with the game and it'd suck to lose everything I worked for over a glitch in the game.

Capture.PNG

If you know where you are, go take an alt and remove the old log.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby xSHANEx » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:44 am

Taipion wrote:
xSHANEx wrote:I closed the application because while I was foraging I got stuck in a log (this is the first time it happened). Clicking wouldn't let me get off. Anyways I tried to re-log and now I am getting this. I was stuck at first but it was a glitch with the game and it'd suck to lose everything I worked for over a glitch in the game.

Capture.PNG

If you know where you are, go take an alt and remove the old log.

it was in the woods and it wasn't really a log, my bad it was one of those stumps. I was foraging for indian stuff. There's no way I could find it again I wandered off.
xSHANEx

Postby pberci » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:19 am

Logging out is the worst thing you can do when you are stuck. Smashing WASD and clicking everywhere like mad can usually make you get out of stuck positions.

If you can't find the position to destroy the stump with another character, but still want to play today, then I think you should take the pain and teleport losing stuff, though I don't know, how valuable your inventory content was.

There are mechanics using offline teleportation of charaters, so I'm sure the devs could help you out, the real question is, would they? Well, possibly yes, they care much about compensating for bug related issues, and if this counts as such, they will help.

If the inventory content is not really valuable, I would definitely teleport home, and act as it was a lost fight with an animal. That way I could go on playing with the character. But if you would rather not lose your stuff, wait for an official response.
pberci

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:13 am

If you do have alt characters to use with enough black bile you can steal off your stuck chars leanto/pclaim as long as your other char. has permissions to do so (pclaim wise), it cost 40 black bile per item without a criminality set so better pick the best stuff in that inventory or sit there and wait out 40 black bile per item if you really want it all back.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby pberci » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:37 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:If you do have alt characters to use with enough black bile you can steal off your stuck chars leanto/pclaim as long as your other char. has permissions to do so (pclaim wise), it cost 40 black bile per item without a criminality set so better pick the best stuff in that inventory or sit there and wait out 40 black bile per item if you really want it all back.

What use would that have? Aren't we talking about items stored in the stuck character itself?
pberci

Postby Taipion » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:42 pm

pberci wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:If you do have alt characters to use with enough black bile you can steal off your stuck chars leanto/pclaim as long as your other char. has permissions to do so (pclaim wise), it cost 40 black bile per item without a criminality set so better pick the best stuff in that inventory or sit there and wait out 40 black bile per item if you really want it all back.

What use would that have? Aren't we talking about items stored in the stuck character itself?

Yes, and you can get to the inventory of any character, if you have access to it's homestead.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby pberci » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Taipion wrote:Yes, and you can get to the inventory of any character, if you have access to it's homestead.

Oh, I see, I'm sorry, mixed it up for a second for homestead stored items... Though getting up an alt for 40+ black bile is not really an economical solution to get back some savage charms.
pberci

Postby Taipion » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:34 pm

pberci wrote:
Taipion wrote:Yes, and you can get to the inventory of any character, if you have access to it's homestead.

Oh, I see, I'm sorry, mixed it up for a second for homestead stored items... Though getting up an alt for 40+ black bile is not really an economical solution to get back some savage charms.

Honestly, getting a char to 50+ humors can be done by anyone in a day or two by just gluttoning stuff you can find like nuts(roast them!^^), berries (simple recipes or raw), bugs and such, by that I mean you should have one already.
And, having an alt is a necessity in Salem, both because you can get much more out of your time spent if you use 2-3 chars at once instead of just one, and because you need a backup if you lose one char, let alone for the (attuned!) keys.

Take this as a reminder, that having just one char is a potentially very dangerous decision. ;)
Taipion

Postby pberci » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Taipion wrote:Honestly, getting a char to 50+ humors can be done by anyone in a day or two by just gluttoning stuff you can find like nuts(roast them!^^), berries (simple recipes or raw), bugs and such, by that I mean you should have one already.

I was just focusing on the "getting back the arrowheads" part, when I made my statement. Of course alts are important.
pberci

Next

Return to Bugs & Technicalities