Disease help.

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Disease help.

Postby xSHANEx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:02 pm

I got a disease from a rat while AFK in the town. Is there anyway to actually cure it for free? I don't have silver since I am new and would hate to lose my character.

I'm coughing, that's all I really know.
xSHANEx

Re: Disease help.

Postby xSHANEx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 pm

I was able to narrow it down to Maroon fever.

I am coughing, dizzy, it says I have a headache and my blood is boiling. Where do I get leaches?
xSHANEx

Postby lachlaan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 pm

o.O it says all that? The best way to do it is to let it progress a bit. As it progresses the true symptom will be the more frequent one. So as it progresses start counting symptoms and the one more frequent by a big margin will be the real one, look up the cure for that and go for it. I'd tell you the cures but I probably forgot which is which by now and would mess you up. If you do end up needing leeches you get them in the swamp biome. Turn on forage well before you ender foraging range of the biome and hope you spawn some. As you forage pick up indian feathers and arrowheads (learn exploration and whatever the other one was to craft and forage indian charm pieces), craft indian charms and sell those to the stalls to potentially buy cures from the player stalls instead.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby xSHANEx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:50 pm

lachlaan wrote:o.O it says all that? The best way to do it is to let it progress a bit. As it progresses the true symptom will be the more frequent one. So as it progresses start counting symptoms and the one more frequent by a big margin will be the real one, look up the cure for that and go for it. I'd tell you the cures but I probably forgot which is which by now and would mess you up. If you do end up needing leeches you get them in the swamp biome. Turn on forage well before you ender foraging range of the biome and hope you spawn some. As you forage pick up indian feathers and arrowheads (learn exploration and whatever the other one was to craft and forage indian charm pieces), craft indian charms and sell those to the stalls to potentially buy cures from the player stalls instead.

I've been foraging for about an hour now, maybe longer and still have not come across a leech. I am looking everywhere from logs to the streams, and even leaf piles. Foraging is completely killing my yellow bile and only works for about 30 seconds before having to run around looking for food to fill it back up.

I feel like I am doing something wrong unless leechs are really this hard to come across..
xSHANEx

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:17 pm

xSHANEx wrote:
lachlaan wrote:o.O it says all that? The best way to do it is to let it progress a bit. As it progresses the true symptom will be the more frequent one. So as it progresses start counting symptoms and the one more frequent by a big margin will be the real one, look up the cure for that and go for it. I'd tell you the cures but I probably forgot which is which by now and would mess you up. If you do end up needing leeches you get them in the swamp biome. Turn on forage well before you ender foraging range of the biome and hope you spawn some. As you forage pick up indian feathers and arrowheads (learn exploration and whatever the other one was to craft and forage indian charm pieces), craft indian charms and sell those to the stalls to potentially buy cures from the player stalls instead.

I've been foraging for about an hour now, maybe longer and still have not come across a leech. I am looking everywhere from logs to the streams, and even leaf piles. Foraging is completely killing my yellow bile and only works for about 30 seconds before having to run around looking for food to fill it back up.

I feel like I am doing something wrong unless leechs are really this hard to come across..

Leeches only spawn on the ground in swamps, they are usually small patches like lime patches that you find strewn about. It has a watery texture/greenish texture on it but its not deep water and frogs spawn on it usually.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Taipion » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:45 pm

Some things to know:

- only with a full bar of dissease you start to take blood damage, but its tiny, you could survive just by walking around eating random stuff like chestnuts and berries.
- only with a full bar of dissease, you perma die if you KO

If you get close to that, log out and use an alt to get you the materials for a cure.

To diagnose what you have, it acutally helps to have a further progressed dissease bar,
one simple thing is, make a list with the 4, they are all explained on the wiki.
Watch the game, eat against the blood damage if necessary, play with sound(!).
Note down every occurance of symptoms, after 20 or so it should be absolutely clear what it is.

I for myself don't even note it down but just fill my backpack with random stuff,
it's four columns for four disseases, take one item off for the appropriate disseases symptom,
the one that is empty first, is bound to be it.

[edit:]
I may add, the "land legs" makes no sound and can easily be overlooked (and overheard), for that purpose I suggest (if that char has like... 50 humors or more),
to place the char at a tree and start harvesting branches, with sound on ofc, so if you hear the harvest sound stopped (periodically drop all branches to not get overburdened),
and you did not hear a cough/puke/moan, it was a land legs symptom.
This way you can leave the client running without fully paying attention to the symtpoms, as long as you can clearly hear it.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Cerise » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:03 am

I have some leeches pm if you still need
Cerise

Postby Faultierstein » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:54 pm

Taipion wrote:Some things to know:

- only with a full bar of dissease you start to take blood damage, but its tiny, you could survive just by walking around eating random stuff like chestnuts and berries.
- only with a full bar of dissease, you perma die if you KO

If you get close to that, log out and use an alt to get you the materials for a cure.

To diagnose what you have, it acutally helps to have a further progressed dissease bar,
one simple thing is, make a list with the 4, they are all explained on the wiki.
Watch the game, eat against the blood damage if necessary, play with sound(!).
Note down every occurance of symptoms, after 20 or so it should be absolutely clear what it is.

I for myself don't even note it down but just fill my backpack with random stuff,
it's four columns for four disseases, take one item off for the appropriate disseases symptom,
the one that is empty first, is bound to be it.

[edit:]
I may add, the "land legs" makes no sound and can easily be overlooked (and overheard), for that purpose I suggest (if that char has like... 50 humors or more),
to place the char at a tree and start harvesting branches, with sound on ofc, so if you hear the harvest sound stopped (periodically drop all branches to not get overburdened),
and you did not hear a cough/puke/moan, it was a land legs symptom.
This way you can leave the client running without fully paying attention to the symtpoms, as long as you can clearly hear it.

i have noticed you don't have to let it progress to far either way, after about 5 actions (coughing headache etc) one action will queue more often than the others
Faultierstein

Postby Forungi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:02 am

Never go afk in town that's just asking for bad things to happen.
Forungi

Postby Faultierstein » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Forungi wrote:Never go afk in town that's just asking for bad things to happen.

well, unless you have berry juice buff or miasma masque...then the only thing you have to worry about is witches......but as for diseases i'll help with any of the cures for it, for the most part its not hard to get the cures just tedious lol
Faultierstein

Next

Return to Help!