Bone Chapel

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Bone Chapel

Postby Chrumps » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:09 pm

While we are experiencing skeleton fest in Providence I would like to draw your attention to this Google search.
Chrumps

Re: Bone Chapel

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:04 am

You mean something like the big crypt in the graveyard?
DarkNacht

Postby Reviresco » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:25 am

Reviresco

Postby Darwoth » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:24 pm

once a skeleton is placed in the crypt and has set for a few days it should have a 20% chance of turning into a liche with the same stats and abilities of a darkenbear attacking the individual that picked it up once disturbed.
Darwoth

Postby Chrumps » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:03 pm

DarkNacht wrote:You mean something like the big crypt in the graveyard?

I mean something inside that crypt.
Darwoth wrote:once a skeleton is placed in the crypt and has set for a few days it should have a 20% chance of turning into a liche with the same stats and abilities of a darkenbear attacking the individual that picked it up once disturbed.

I somewhat like it but it is too much 0-1 style for my taste. Besides, it is always possible to run back into the crypt and then enjoy the havoc caused in the town.
Reviresco wrote:[image]

Thinking about food after seeing piles of human bones. That's an interesting case.

Back on topic:
There are a few things I would like to suggest:
1. Bone chandelier.
A craftable decorative item which may have secondary, obscure use, e.g. providing a bubble of darkness inside the house.
I looked for a wall-mounted version of a bone chandelier but I did not find any.
Though we already have fleurs du mal which can be hung on a wall.
Image Image

2. Wallpaper on the crypt walls

3. Reliefs and free standing sculptures (or just structures)
These can be decorative items only but I suggest creating a kind of stockbin for skeletons. Right clicking on the structure while carrying a skeleton will store it inside and right clicking again (possibly via flower menu) will yield a skeleton from the top of LIFO stack. Given the LIFO queues are currently reversed on map reload it will provide some randomness in picking skeletons.
Cricket riders, you have been advised ! ¦]
There should be some incentives to put skeletons inside, like small bonus in F&W, similar to praying in the church.
There should be a cost for picking the skeleton from the pile. I suggest a healthy dose of fear debuff. The idea is to put a cost on removing large amount of skeletons.
The structure look may change according to the amount of skeletons inside (similar to player stalls)
Optionally there can be a possibility to pray at the bones, e.g. more F&W at the cost of BB drain, with efficiency dependent on how many and how valuable are skeletons inside. Different sculptures can have different effect.

Chrumps

Postby Darwoth » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:36 pm

well the easiest 5 minute solution to skeleton dumping would be to drop a dock club totem in the middle of the crypt, but yeah the liches would not spawn once placed it would spawn when picked up as a snake/log does thus staying inside the crypt.
Darwoth

Postby belgear » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:41 am

Reviresco wrote:Image

BONE APP THE TEETH
belgear
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:48 am

belgear wrote:
Reviresco wrote:Image

BONE APP THE TEETH

Say lovey.
Reviresco

Postby Chrumps » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:26 am

Darwoth wrote:well the easiest 5 minute solution to skeleton dumping would be to drop a dock club totem in the middle of the crypt, but yeah the liches would not spawn once placed it would spawn when picked up as a snake/log does thus staying inside the crypt.

People would use fresh noob alts to it and then they will find resons and way to farm these liches.
It must be plain cost, not a challenge, if not fear debuff then for example 10% to get quetzl poisioning and there must be high skill requirement, like grave robbing.

If there is some praying bonus dependent on total skeleton value it would hint grave robbers which piles contain more valuable skeletons.
Chrumps

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:29 pm

if you just want fancy bone decorations to look at say so and make the thread about that instead of a post about the crypt in town and current events with tards unloading it as that is the context your suggestion takes. my post was meant as a solution to an annoyance, nobody "would just farm liches lol" for the same reason that nobody farms lumberlords, because they are a giant pain in the ass do not drop anything as their intention is a punishing mechanic to make things more difficult for non witches that go in the darkness areas.

nobody would "make liches all over town" because they would not leave nor spawn outside of the crypt.

you are conflating and complicating ****, if the goal is to stop people from wasting all day dragging skeletons out of the crypt to **** up the middle of town then an actual mechanic is needed beyond a fear debuff since the regen from black tea is enough to keep pace with a max level fear when using a newb character. simply placing a dock club totem in the crypt and allowing players to police themselves would be the best solution in my view in terms of difficulty and effectiveness. if it is just decorations then yeah whatever, decorations yay. but they can not be made from the skeletons themselves as skeletons are not supposed to be destructable on account of witch mechanics.
Darwoth

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations