Open loot system and real world money item

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Open loot system and real world money item

Postby Teemoo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:59 am

Well, i can understand that, the game is design to lose all your item upon death. Lose a really world money item can be accepted.. in some way

However, when it comes to "open loot" others real world money item, should it be take as real world steal? As i can see the laws says so.
Teemoo

Re: Open loot system and real world money item

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:59 am

ur what hurts?
nosfirebird

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:03 am

Teemoo wrote:Well, i can understand that, the game is design to lose all your item upon death. Lose a really world money item can be accepted.. in some way

However, when it comes to "open loot" others real world money item, should it be take as real world steal? As i can see the laws says so.

No, because you are warned that the items you buy with your real world money can be looted or stolen from you in game. This is like buying chips to play poker and losing them. That is not considered stealing because you are voluntarily putting that money up knowing you might lose it.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Teemoo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:10 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Teemoo wrote:Well, i can understand that, the game is design to lose all your item upon death. Lose a really world money item can be accepted.. in some way

No, because you are warned that the items you buy with your real world money can be looted or stolen from you in game. This is like buying chips to play poker and losing them. That is not considered stealing because you are voluntarily putting that money up knowing you might lose it.

So, you are trying to breaking the law?
Teemoo

Postby Dallane » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:16 am

Teemoo wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:

So, you are trying to breaking the law?

Good luck catching me stealing pixels I'm behind 7 proxies
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:37 am

Teemoo wrote:So, you are trying to breaking the law?

If you don't want to lose an item you bought with money, don't buy an item with money. You can buy them from other players with silver in game or you can loot one from someone else. But if you do buy an item out of the store, you are warned that you might lose it. It does not break any law for that to be part of the game mechanics.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby belgear » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:07 am

Oh god, imagine if there wasn't a warning

imagine filing the police report
belgear
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:09 am

JC once teleported me into an enclosure and humped me, and didn't even give me the courtesy of a reacharound. :|
Reviresco

Postby Lazun123 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:13 am

Reviresco wrote:JC once teleported me into an enclosure and humped me, and didn't even give me the courtesy of a reacharound. :|

You have been blessed by our lord and saviour!?!? Please allow me to kiss the place he humped!
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Reviresco » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:21 am

Lazun123 wrote:
Reviresco wrote:JC once teleported me into an enclosure and humped me, and didn't even give me the courtesy of a reacharound. :|

You have been blessed by our lord and saviour!?!? Please allow me to kiss the place he humped!

I forgave him and later volunteered to help recover something that had been lost:
Reviresco

Next

Return to House of Burgesses