Climate Change

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: D.C. shooting

Postby pietrko » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:40 pm

It's a great tragedy that ideology precedes reason.

Darwoth wrote:i do not deny the planet is in one of its warm/spring phases, i simply do not subscribe to the false belief that global warming is manmade,

***** - you know nothing. If you're talking about Milankovic cycles and Solar activity effects:
- The first suggest that temperature should fall, the latter have ~13 year period and can be ruled out, since we observe avr. temperature raise for longer time.
Global warming is manmade, it was proven again and again in countless reserach papers.
I can't blame that you do not believe it.
You don't have enough knowledge to understand it's not a matter of belief.
World is complex and many smart people offer simplified pictures to manipulate people like you.

Anyway I am happy america left the paris treaty, you deserve what is comming for you in the next 40 years.
Darwoth wrote:however that is completely irrelevant since my primary point was that the united states is not a factor of weight whatsoever and that the draconian policies trying to be achieved by the enviornmentalist left would be completely inconsequential toward solving "global warming" while producing unreasonable economic hardship on the country.

***** again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... _emissions
"Draconian" Paris treaty that Trump left:
Not only the suggested countermeasures werent' draconian but also.
a) there were no legal enforcement associated with the treaty
b) each country proposed their own measures to fight temperature raise.
c) your country already implemented policies they've told they would

Darwoth wrote: draconian policies trying to be achieved by the enviornmentalist left would be completely inconsequential toward solving "global warming" while producing unreasonable economic hardship on the country.

Consequential, but maybe it won't be enough.
[/b]

Darwoth wrote:global warming as pushed by the left in this country has nothing to do with environmentalism, it has to do with shutting down the entire coal economy of the east coast and the oil economy of the midwest where large pockets of conservatives are to both punish the opposing side for voting against them and to undermine the economy in those states with the end goal of putting working class white americans, the traditional base of the right on welfare checks and food stamps to make them dependant on government handouts, thus converting to lefty communism and destroying the conservative base.
edit: yeah, if you want to sound stupid about global warming make a climate change warming cooling thread.

human race >>> working class americans

You seem reasonably well read, I can't blame you that you don't know everything.
If you do not believe science only the ***** you read idk where - ask yourself this:
Who today has more money and raw power?
Climate change denial lobby?
or
Green tree huggers lobby?

Who really benefits from Global warming being a truth?
Clean energy sector which is super small? Who else?

Who benefits from Global warming being a hoax? (95% of world energy industry, majority of world economy in general?)
pietrko
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:49 am

Tsk. I should like to answer pietkro's post properly but am traveling so can't quote or post links. :/ A few things to say though. The solar effects darwoth is talking about are a more recently discovered effect you seem unfamiliar with but research is suggesting they are responsible for a great deal of warming. You know just 50 years ago the sun was thought to have no variable effect on the weather. We learn new things all the time and "smart" people aren't infallible. Many try to stick to the things they were taught in youth and will resist new theories with a passion.

The Paris treaty was a huge landmine of politics and economic hardship for the US. Even some on the left admit that. Being unenforceable only made it worse. It was illegal for Obama to sign or agree to anything in it anyway. The Senate has to ratify all treaties here and they were not even given the chance.

You ask who benefits from global warming and imply that environmentalists are it and are too weak to be perpetrating a hoax so it must logically be real. You are mistaken. It is politicians who benefit from global warming being a manmade cause for concern. It gives them a seemingly valid excuse to seize more power and "for all mankind" or "think of our grandkids" are powerful emotional arguments to use against anyone who would object to more and more goverment regulation in our lives.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby pietrko » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Tsk. I should like to answer pietkro's post properly but am traveling so can't quote or post links. :/ A few things to say though. The solar effects darwoth is talking about are a more recently discovered effect you seem unfamiliar with but research is suggesting they are responsible for a great deal of warming. You know just 50 years ago the sun was thought to have no variable effect on the weather. We learn new things all the time and "smart" people aren't infallible. Many try to stick to the things they were taught in youth and will resist new theories with a passion.

Recently discovered effects? Sunspots? Solar wind? Point me to the publication.
pietrko
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:52 pm

pietrko wrote:Image

you are an absolute idiot, i read about half of your crap before realizing i covered every single attempt at a point you "think" you made previously, specifically with regard to what an individuals views on global warming are. it does not matter whether your intelligent enough to realize it is ***** or if you are a gullible *******, either position is completely irrelevant to the "paris accord" that was designed to do absolutely nothing but bankrupt the coal and oil industries in the country and put all the people in those conservative communities out of work and on government cheese. the real goal was to destroy the conservative base as was done to the black communities in the 60s when the liberals started getting them dependant on welfare programs turning them left, which is exactly what happened all over europe which is the toxic mentality that led to all of you being slaves watching helplessly as your societies are destroyed.

it is a huge tragedy, i look at the europe of yesterday vs today and just want to throw up. i do not even talk **** to euros in an antagonistic way (unless they are a lefty ******* still preaching the **** that ruined them) comparing countries anymore because it is no longer a laughing matter.

in spite of years of liberal poison the majority of american citizens are not interested in the european vision of self destruction the way that most of the SUBJECTS on your side of the ocean are, we are not going to let some ****** in belgium tell us what guns we can own or that our automobiles cubic displacement can not exceed xyz or that we can not dig our own coal and oil out of our own soil nor are we going to start the slippery slope of such lunacy, not with an actual american with american interests in office.

so ***** you very much and ***** everyone else not born in this country that thinks they even get to HAVE an opinion on what americans should do in our own god damn backyard.

FYI i am extremely pro environment, i have just under 3 kw of solar panels in a grid tie system with intent for expansion just because i enjoy self sufficiency. i grew up rural and have always had a natural affinity for being in the wilderness. i always got pissed on the rare occasion i would see some prick had thrown a beer can or something out but ironically enough even something like that was a rare thing to see among the communities of us earth raping evil racist white demons.

on the other side of the spectrum when you go to national parks and wilderness areas in many (leftist) parts of the country where the cult of global warming is strongest you are quite likely to step on a used hypodermic needle from some junkie piece of **** while "admiring" the various boulders and trees he festooned in grafitti before your hike is over so do not preach to me with your nonsense. protecting the environment and utilizing the natural resources that are here for us to use is not a mutually exclusive concept and has absolutely jack ***** **** to do with our heroic american president rightfully extracting us from a suicidal agreement put in place by obama to drive large parts of the country (mostly the parts he hates and that hate him) into economic ruin.

eventually solar, steam, and ultimately (when retards realize that was the solution all along) nuclear power will be the future but that is not today or in the next decade for that matter. the first two technologies are not cost effective yet for most of the worlds sun patterns. the third has to many stigmas against it still.

human race >>> working class americans

:lol: :lol: :lol:

this is hilarious both for the absurd melodrama where americans are "killing the world" by leaving the paris droolcups on doorknobs orgy and the fact that i would happily see 4+ billion over breeding non contributive third world **** gibbons get air dropped into a volcano long before i saw large numbers of americans lose their jobs in regions where there are often no other jobs to be held as the cities themselves were built around coal/power.
Darwoth

Postby pietrko » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:37 pm

I'll start with some clarification of ***** you previously posted here.
Darwoth wrote:1> the earth naturally wams and cools and always has, the mythical environmentalist cult of global warming has only existed for the last few decades, amazingly enough during prior points in history when pollution was higher there was no global warming.

wtf u talking about?

Darwoth wrote:thus the cult of global warming had to change to the more obscure and impossible to define "climate change" moniker when historical evidence did not match the initial claims that the "warming" was caused by humans ever since then it has been nothing but pseudo science and out of context references to other reports.

Where is data to support it? Or is another ***** you've heard on idiot.tv which, to my amusement, repeat.

Darwoth wrote:and even if it was true it matters not since the majority of the pollution comes from third world ***** like pakistan and india or from manufacturing centers in china that are still using 50s technology therefore the draconian restrictions that the environmental left seeks to impose on the united states would be both gutting to the US economy and completely irrelevant toward solving global warming, er..... uh, i mean uh "climate change" yeah thats it :lol: :lol: :lol:

***** again.
While China is the biggest polluter by absolute measures (USA is the second).
Pollution per capita is 3 times higher for USA.
And here comes the greatest ***** that came out of ur retarded stinkhole you call your mouth
majority of the pollution comes from third world ***** like pakistan

Pakistan has 201 mln of people (2017 data) while USA has ~325 mln of people.
Pakistan emits 0.43% of Total World CO2 production.
USA is responsible for 17.89% of Total World CO2 production.
Which means that typical retard Darwtoth produces 41times more **** than typical ***** from Pakistan.

Stop spreading *****.
Your parents clearly not spanked you hard enough, while u're in school (assuming you even went to school).
pietrko
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:02 pm

I have to wonder where pietrko is getting his information as the US pollution index is among the lowest in the world.

TotalyMeow

Postby pietrko » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:16 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:I have to wonder where pietrko is getting his information as the US pollution index is among the lowest in the world.

I was imprecise - I meant CO2 production (but I was imprecise on purpose - since I assumed this is what Darwoth meant when he used word pollution and polluters).

If you consider other substances that have direct effect on human health (as oppose to CO2) I can believe that USA is among the countries that produce the least of those (per capita).

EDIT:
Regarding sources:
I read CIA factbook, Wikipedia, and various scientific papers.
I.e in last two week it was report by British Geological Society on vulcano's erruption effects on CO2 production and second paper from 2015 describing how ship flottilas are used to track oceans average temperatures.
pietrko
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:57 pm

pietrko wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:I have to wonder where pietrko is getting his information as the US pollution index is among the lowest in the world.

I was imprecise - I meant CO2 production (but I was imprecise on purpose - since I assumed this is what Darwoth meant when he used word pollution and polluters).

If you consider other substances that have direct effect on human health (as oppose to CO2) I can believe that USA is among the countries that produce the least of those (per capita).

EDIT:
Regarding sources:
I read CIA factbook, Wikipedia, and various scientific papers.
I.e in last two week it was report by British Geological Society on vulcano's erruption effects on CO2 production and second paper from 2015 describing how ship flottilas are used to track oceans average temperatures.

You were imprecise on purpose to make your case look better instead of completely wrong. You also fail to account for the US's vast forests which absorb a fair amount of our CO2 emissions. Are you aware that 1/3 of our land area is forest and rising? Meanwhile in Africa and other heavy jungle areas, they're burning their trees down in vast swaths. Additionally, we are actively decreasing our carbon and other greenhouse gas emissions all on our own, no Paris Treaty or even government regulation needed, it's just more profitable to pollute less. Just look at Methane, a much more potent 'greenhouse gas' than CO2.

You read Wikipedia for your facts... for something as controversial and poorly understood as the climate, you really shouldn't do that. As for 'various scientific papers', I'm skeptical. Which papers, exactly? Real scientific papers are targeted to experts in the area and will be tough to understand if you aren't actually in that field yourself. Or do you mean you read magazines like Discover? Nothing wrong with that, but if it's true then you know that there is a LOT of disagreement about various aspects of the climate and how it's changing and what is actually causing that change. Also, ship flotillas have been proven to be very unreliable for ocean temperature measurements as the ships themselves produce so much heat. Buoys are much more accurate, but have been largely disregarded as they don't show any temperature rises happening in the oceans in the last ten years and global warming advocates can't have that.

TotalyMeow

Re: Climate Change

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:02 pm

And just realized, now that I'm back on my actual computer, that this is a major derail off another topic. :/ Splitting into a new topic.

TotalyMeow

Re: Climate Change

Postby Dallane » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:40 pm

HEY GUISE I USE WIKIPEDIA AS A RELIABLE SOURCE IM BASICALLY A SCIENTIST LOL GENDER SPECTRUM THE EARTH WILL MELT DOWN SOON

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill