TODO

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

TODO

Postby LW30 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Guys. Idea is nice, but realisation...
1. Where is pathfinding algorithm for character? Why player should lead character like an idiot who can not get to other side of tree? Internet have tonns of info about pathfinding. A* for example.
2. Wiki should be written by people above age of 4 years. Two examples from Salem wiki:
Fireplace - should be lighted. No info in chapter lighted by what.
Fiber is masterpeace of children's languadge. Requires Abandoned Cobweb. And some other materials. Any of them, or all of them? How to make at least fiber? You are adult people after all. Cant you give info fully and clear?
3. Have you ever heard that many years ago was created technology of writing object ID into memory (video) surface? So when player moves mouse somewhere he get info not only what going to be chopped, but also from what it will be choped. Its a less then week of work for good programmer to make text with object name be shown when player moving mouse onto object on screen.
4. Of course we all love to hit Ctrl-click 20 times when collecting broken bough for example to remove branches from inventory. On mouse drag your game moving inventory instead of selecting object. Epic fail. Congratulations.
5. One question.. Why and how people should guess WHERE you put something to construct? Sometimes it looks like quest not in developing ycharacter in game. Quest is to understand how this inteface works, and how to do simple action there. Guys, call to team person who able to think clear. When player want to build/constract something its much simpler to scroll then try to find where the hell it hidden in 4-5 levels menus. Game is interesting not because of quests how to find where meat is hidden in multylevel menus.
6. RPG game with PvP and 5 weapons? Are you kidding? About 200 types of food, any other items that can be crafted. And 5 weapons? At wiki listed 5. Are you serious?
So guys, not bad start, but very much things should be fixed. Really. If you dont want game developers all over world to use name of your game for jokes only. I am sure you can make it good. And please, guys, at least try to make it good. It is MMO. Ingame documentation should be done. People should not swap to wiki every time when they see new object or need to do some new action. Wiki should be rewritten more clear. It is shame for MMO developers when people asking on forums after reading game's wiki "How?". And work on interface.
Last edited by LW30 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LW30

Re: TODO

Postby yozzik » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Much troll. Very green. Don't feed him.
yozzik

Postby LW30 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:38 pm

yozzik wrote:Much troll. Very green. Don't feed him.

As for me very green is you. And i will explain why. What is trolling? It is usually try to change object of discussion. That is what you tryed to do calling me troll. I was speaking about things wich will do game better. But looks like you prefer to turn this discussion into format who is troll here. As for me - you. Thats why it is my last reply to you.

And now... I am C++, Python, in past assembler, Pascal, Fortran, Basic, JavaScript programmer. I do not mind. Lets talk. But not about who is troll here. Lets discuss how to organize build menu, how to realise A* and object ID on Java. We can even discuss localization algorithms to make this game famous all ower world.
Last edited by LW30 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LW30

Postby yozzik » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:48 pm

We're just tired of pathfinding theme here. Understand us, please. The whole face is covered with your pathfinding.

> Wiki should be written by people above age of 4 years
> No info in chapter lighted by what.

We also should grant access to the game after age verification, my little carebear. Almost the same answers for each next paragraph.
Go read through the ***** of the same threads.
yozzik

Postby LW30 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Oh yes... Quote from Salem Wiki
How to Use:
As with a Pile of Wood, you add fuel to it before lighting it.

To add fuel to the fireplace, left click the fuel in your inventory and right click the stones of the fireplace. Clicking in the center of the fireplace when it's empty will not add the fuel.
Woodblocks add more fuel value than branches.
Broken Bough add 70% fuel.
You can also use Boards to fuel the fire. Different Boards give different Fuel.
One branch is worth 10% of the total fuel. Each branch burns for 20 minutes, 10 branches will fill the fireplace to 100%; thus making the total max burn time 200 minutes (or 3h 20m).

Now show me where it written by what to fire it.
LW30

Postby Dallane » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:06 pm

So much fail in this troll thread. If you are actually being serious about this stuff then I apologize. Do some forum searches on everything you have listed and you will find dev answers. If this is for real then post on your main so people can properly ridicule you.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Dallane » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:34 am

Received a PM from Sipo and agree that this should be posted.

JohnCarver wrote:We will never put in pathfinding. Any player who repeatedly runs himself into a tree, and then gets upset that the game cannot compensate for his inability to walk around trees and 'navigate' at the hand-eye coordination of a 3-year old, is playing the wrong game.

taken from: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12469&p=185174&hilit=pathfinding+year+old#p185174[/quote]
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Return to Ideas & Innovations