Was Salem a better game before MM took over?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Was Salem a better game before MM took over?

Postby Memento » Tue May 30, 2017 7:01 pm

Did Mortal Moments ruin Salem with its care bare combat and raiding systems?
Memento

Re: Was Salem a better game before MM took over?

Postby Heffernan » Tue May 30, 2017 7:02 pm

na, we got loads of new content well... atleast in the past.
Heffernan

Postby Memento » Tue May 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Heffernan wrote:na, we got loads of new content well... atleast in the past.

New content doesn't make a game better. The content needs to be quality content. My friend said there used to be more raiding/killing before. I don't know since I joined after.
Memento

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Tue May 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Memento wrote:Did Mortal Moments ruin Salem with its care bare combat and raiding systems?

Don't you have better stuff to do in life than complain?
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Memento » Tue May 30, 2017 7:12 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
Memento wrote:Did Mortal Moments ruin Salem with its care bare combat and raiding systems?

Are you complaining about me complaining?
Memento

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Tue May 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Memento wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:

Are you complaining about me complaining?

No, i am asking you whether you have better stuff to do in life than complain.
Like, you guys barely even play the game and you ***** the most about it not being good.
You've acomplished nothing, whether its the PVP or PVE side of the game and yet you find faults in it.
Go play CS, there is a lot of pew pew bam bam there.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Judaism » Tue May 30, 2017 7:16 pm

I believe it was a better game, right now the aspects which made Salem great are nearly non-existent. It is very impressive that Salem still has a healthy playerbase, it likely woud've been smaller under Jorb & Loftar with likely fewer content, but then again the content likely woud've been more detailed and meaningful for my personal interest. It took the current team quite a while to get used to the 3d objects and the java code, they caught up rather quickly but the first few months were little details and ever since Popham little new content has been added, so honestly content-wise it woud've likely resulted not far from eachother. Jorb & Loftar are not sprinting, they are slowely running the marathon and do not mind to reset worlds and admit their flaws/mechanics, where as MM has implemented many new mechanics and regardless of the community's disapproval, never adjusted those mechanics and are quite absent after the fast sprint they initially took.

We now have a much more commercialized game with a community that differs much from the original people, everything is set to remain and the political landscapes are rigid, bases are currently out of control, characters are past a point where their additional bonuses are simply insane, the top towns have received millions of passive silver taxes for ''little'' effort and that will carry on as the developers do not admit their mistakes or adjust mechanics.

My two cents as someone who has spend a couple thousand hours into the game over the past (5) years and has experienced most systems to some extent. The most fun I had personally were the times I died, was raided, betrayed and had to struggle so hard to stay alive and those times were under Jorb&Loftar, not under MM. They actually partly were against MM and I was pretty much always losing. They used to be very competent players themselves and were murderers, thieves and unrecognized rulers of the previous servers, not farmers nor carebears.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Dallane » Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Memento wrote:
Heffernan wrote:na, we got loads of new content well... atleast in the past.

New content doesn't make a game better. The content needs to be quality content. My friend said there used to be more raiding/killing before. I don't know since I joined after.

Your friend is a moron who had no idea wtf he was talking about. The old pvp system was worse then what we had before.

There have been vast improvements in all areas of the game.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue May 30, 2017 8:17 pm

There's still a good deal of crime and raiding happening according to the server statistics. There just aren't as many good showmen posting threads about it here as there used to be. It's also true that before, you could lose your entire base to a single raider in a few hours. Fun for the raiders, maybe, until they also got raided, but not so much fun for everyone else.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Goodman12 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:48 pm

No, in my opinion salem has become much worse since MM took over and that their rein over salem has been nothing but a failure.
They had good ideas but they were implemented poorly.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Next

Return to City upon a Hill