Violated

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Violated

Postby Karllson8 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Can someone help explain how I can exit my game safe and warm in my locked house and when I return my clothes and purse with silver are stolen my keyring locking me out of my house and assorted various items are gone I thought your house was like home base and was safe please advise thank you
Karllson8

Re: Violated

Postby Taipion » Fri May 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Karllson8 wrote:Can someone help explain how I can exit my game safe and warm in my locked house and when I return my clothes and purse with silver are stolen my keyring locking me out of my house and assorted various items are gone I thought your house was like home base and was safe please advise thank you

This exact question has been asked a hundred times at least.

To prevent the possibility of storing something safely "outside" of the permanent game world, anything on your character can be accessed and stolen through your leanto or claimstone that is set as your homestead.
Characters without homestead can not log out.

To keep your things safe, keep your homestead safe.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby nosfirebird » Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 pm

lock picking isnt in and it takes 1k phlegm to bash a house easiest thing is to steal your keys and throw them out so you have to bash ur house to get in
nosfirebird

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri May 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Just having a pclaim covering his house will allow him to bash in without 1k pleghm as owners of a pclaim ignore soak values when breaking things on their own pclaim.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Hence the strategy of trying to make him bash down his own house.

Houses are somewhat safe in that they ARE difficult to break in to, but your leanto or homesteaded claimstone need to be protected at least by walls, claim, and torchposts or braziers to make sure you don't get your pockets picked while you're offline.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Nsuidara » Fri May 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Karllson8 wrote:Can someone help explain how I can exit my game safe and warm in my locked house and when I return my clothes and purse with silver are stolen my keyring locking me out of my house and assorted various items are gone I thought your house was like home base and was safe please advise thank you

http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Larceny
NOTE: Your homestead (lean-to or claim stone) can be looted even if your character is offline. If a player has access to your homestead, they can therefore steal from your inventory and the items equipped on your character. If in addition your character appears in Providence upon login whereas you logged out elsewhere, it means that your homestead has been destroyed (this automatically removes your inventory contents and gear).
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Champie » Fri May 19, 2017 11:46 pm

Nsuidara wrote:
NOTE: ...If in addition your character appears in Providence upon login whereas you logged out elsewhere, it means that your homestead has been destroyed (this automatically removes your inventory contents and gear).

For the record, if you end up in Providence naked it means that your homestead has been destroyed AND the area in which you logged out is now occupied by an object or is covered by a claim where you don't have permission to trespass/log in.
Champie

Postby nosfirebird » Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Champie wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:
NOTE: ...If in addition your character appears in Providence upon login whereas you logged out elsewhere, it means that your homestead has been destroyed (this automatically removes your inventory contents and gear).

For the record, if you end up in Providence naked it means that your homestead has been destroyed AND the area in which you logged out is now occupied by an object or is covered by a claim where you don't have permission to trespass/log in.

if you logged out in a bed you will spawn on top of your bed on the enemy pclaim so watch out for that
nosfirebird

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat May 20, 2017 6:00 am

nosfirebird wrote:For the record, if you end up in Providence naked it means that your homestead has been destroyed AND the area in which you logged out is now occupied by an object or is covered by a claim where you don't have permission to trespass/log in.

if you logged out in a bed you will spawn on top of your bed on the enemy pclaim so watch out for that[/quote]

Don't get too complicated guys, he was in a bed in a house.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby belgear » Sun May 21, 2017 1:36 pm

This read like every ***** commercial property managers e-mails

Did you have walls?
Did you have locked gates?
your inventory is accessible through your claimstone or leanto while you are asleep or logged out.

Please advise
belgear
Customer

Return to Help!