Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Announcements of major changes to Salem.

Re: Expedition 2 - <Name Pending>

Postby nosfirebird » Mon May 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Dallane wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:and you have been saying soon for around 4 months. im sure you dont have anymore info so your just talking out ur ass like usual. jc hasnt been around the forums since march.

He is just a skype message away. I don't understand why you people are pissy about a stable and functional game that has been confirmed to be a hobby love project. The man has to make a living and is doing just that with his time while raising a family.

Maybe you cucks should go out get a real job and family then tell me how your hobbies are affected.

my issue isnt with jc its with you saying that its coming soon for 4 months im wanting some sort of timetable like you guys tried to put out with your roadmap. i understand that its jc's hobby and he either owns a business or works for it i understand the time required to run one because I myself own and operate a vertical hydroponic farm that has a gross revenue of $400,000 usd.
if you said it isnt coming till feb of 2018 i would be fine with that
nosfirebird

Postby gorniksam » Mon May 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Expedition "Never Gonna Happen" available never
gorniksam

Postby Dallane » Mon May 15, 2017 11:12 pm

nosfirebird wrote:my issue isnt with jc its with you saying that its coming soon for 4 months im wanting some sort of timetable like you guys tried to put out with your roadmap. i understand that its jc's hobby and he either owns a business or works for it i understand the time required to run one because I myself own and operate a vertical hydroponic farm that has a gross revenue of $400,000 usd.

You have been around since 2014 so I assumed you understood the SOON was a meme thats been said for years now. Just because there is a roadmap doesn't mean that all of it will get done. It shows that is what they want to focus on. It's setting a goal that hopefully gets met depending on JC's time available. Last I spoke with him he was still working on the game just not enough to get content out fast enough, test it and then monitor the server to make sure **** isn't exploding.

Man I absolutely love those vertical farms. I've been researching aquaponics recently for a home project and there is some really awesome things I've seen people do who run those types of businesses.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Lazun123 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Dallane wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:my issue isnt with jc its with you saying that its coming soon for 4 months im wanting some sort of timetable like you guys tried to put out with your roadmap. i understand that its jc's hobby and he either owns a business or works for it i understand the time required to run one because I myself own and operate a vertical hydroponic farm that has a gross revenue of $400,000 usd.

You have been around since 2014 so I assumed you understood the SOON was a meme thats been said for years now. Just because there is a roadmap doesn't mean that all of it will get done. It shows that is what they want to focus on. It's setting a goal that hopefully gets met depending on JC's time available. Last I spoke with him he was still working on the game just not enough to get content out fast enough, test it and then monitor the server to make sure **** isn't exploding.

Man I absolutely love those vertical farms. I've been researching aquaponics recently for a home project and there is some really awesome things I've seen people do who run those types of businesses.

Like grow pot haha
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue May 16, 2017 3:14 am

I don't know why you're claiming I've been making promises about the timeline. I've said every time someone asks that John is extremely busy and has had little to no time to work on Salem each week for the past several months. We still have plans and know what things we want to do in what order, but there is no way to say when any of it will happen.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Lazun123 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:43 am

I feel updates tend to screw games up, they either introduce a game breaking or stupid mechanic, or cater to cry baby noobs and turn away more seasoned loyal players *cough* Raiding update *cough*

Every MMO I have ever played eventually dies due to some stupid update. Updates kill MMOs but events and world events actually make games a lot of fun. If more entertainment and good content is the goal, then I would suggest giving totalmeow some creative discression and have more events as aspose to brand new complex and overly game breaking mechanics. You are very active as a member of the team and I feel if you hosted events (assumeing you would be up to it) would give a surge of life into the game.

All that being said, I hope my Lord and Savior John Carver is well.
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue May 16, 2017 6:08 am

I would, but John never gave me in-game powers. He never has told me why; used to insist that only he would ever have in-game powers, and then a couple weeks later, gave them to Marp. No idea what happened there.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Lazun123 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:23 am

TotalyMeow wrote:I would, but John never gave me in-game powers. He never has told me why; used to insist that only he would ever have in-game powers, and then a couple weeks later, gave them to Marp. No idea what happened there.

Haha do you have a habit of acting out of rage?:)

But In seriousness perhaps now that he and even marp are relatively in inactive maybe you can sell the idea to him. I mean great example is the fact that we have marp hats and hookas still laying about. If you had God powers you could clean the place up atleast. Mention you have a womanly instinct to clean the place up:)

I mean simply doing a fight club event every now and again would make loads happy and give the game life, which is what I think most people feel lacking.
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Dallane » Tue May 16, 2017 6:27 am

***** CIS WHITE MALES. THIS PATRIARCHY NEEDS TO STOP.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Forungi » Tue May 16, 2017 6:30 am

TotalyMeow wrote:I would, but John never gave me in-game powers. He never has told me why; used to insist that only he would ever have in-game powers, and then a couple weeks later, gave them to Marp. No idea what happened there.

Oh. My. God. the misogny is real
Forungi

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements