Slingshot Dont hit the rabbit

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Slingshot Dont hit the rabbit

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun May 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Taipion wrote:- you could use punch or any other attack, but I'd say with merely run it's difficult, satan salts are good here, then again drugs are bad you know ^^

You look like you were recommending satan salts as good for killing rabbits to me. You realized you were being ridiculous, and are trying to cover your embarrassment by being snarky. :lol:

Newbies, please don't take advice from Taipion. He is notorious for not understanding the game. Looks like the OP has had his questions answered pretty thoroughly by everyone else though, so no harm done.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Sun May 14, 2017 8:03 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Taipion wrote:- you could use punch or any other attack, but I'd say with merely run it's difficult, satan salts are good here, then again drugs are bad you know ^^

You look like you were recommending satan salts as good for killing rabbits to me. You realized you were being ridiculous, and are trying to cover your embarrassment by being snarky. :lol:

Newbies, please don't take advice from Taipion. He is notorious for not understanding the game. Looks like the OP has had his questions answered pretty thoroughly by everyone else though, so no harm done.

All my post is correct, and though I have not used satan salts for hunting rabbits, ever, the logic is simple: if.... IF you want (= you feel it is the most fun way to YOU) to hunt rabbits not with slingshots, not with roundhouse kick / cleave, not with stomp, but with just running at them and using short distance attacks like punch, then it is beneficial to have more speed than just running, and salts and what it's made of can be bought from player stalls for cheap.

I don't know why you have to embarrass yourself all the time by showing how little you know about this game, the "Oh I am just a hermit doing this and that occasionally!"-excuse does not really count, as you are a mod here also and you frequently provide false information even in help, which is quite hillarious on it's own.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun May 14, 2017 8:50 pm

What are you two even blabbing on about.

There is nothing wrong with using satan salts if you know exactly what they do, which is

1a. Increase insanity
1b. Increase Inspiration gain
1c. Increase movement speed

2. Has a long timer debuff(longer for more hits taken) to movement speed and zero natural inspiration gain

Obviously for a newb who uses "ONE" character to do everything then using satan salts is silly.
Along with the fact that newbs HAVE to buy satan salts if there happens to be any in the stalls.

But when you have an alt primarily for hunting then by all means, using satan salts for any hunting. Be it spiders, furfurs, darkenbears, and even measly rabbits will increase your overall productivity/efficiency and fighting capabilities.

And having 2 hunter alts means you can always have a character available to hunt with satan salts as you let one go on debuff and leave him logged on while you hunt on the other character who hasn't started taking satan salts yet.

I'm not sure if Meow is just poking at Taipon because of his reputation or not but there is nothing wrong with using satan salts to hunt rabbits.

Lastly @Taipon. Why would someone use satan salts just to kill them with punch? Satan salts+cleave is better than cleave without satan salts in the fact that you can get into the rabbits range faster if they start running directly away at first, which decreases the time it takes to hunt. Running faster means you can ALSO get to the next pack of rabbits faster and get back to base faster. The fact that you as an old time player not using satan salts for hunting rabbits is kind of sad.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sun May 14, 2017 9:00 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:I'm not sure if Meow is just poking at Taipon because of his reputation or not but there is nothing wrong with using satan salts to hunt rabbits.

I guess it's that, and I fell for it. -.-

I may add that this is a good incentive for a new player to make a dedicated hunter alt.
And again, that this is not the preferred first, second or third method, but just an option that might be more fun for someone, personal choice that is.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun May 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Guys, try to remember that people asking questions in Help are usually going to be pretty new to the game. Try not to over complicate things or give too much information, it can be discouraging and confusing. Of course an older player might want to use Satan Salts for hunting and possibly pick up a rabbit or two while going after Darkenbears or whatever, but this is not a question of advanced hunting tips, this is a guy who still had to unlock the right skill. Even cleaving is likely out of his range of available options right now.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Previous

Return to Help!