Providence Tokens

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Providence Tokens

Postby Heffernan » Sun May 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Hello,

sometimes we all buy shop items like tools, weapons, hats etc... but we dont always need them and sometimes noone buys them, heck sometimes they arent bought at all

so i suggest a Stall that buys these items BUT instead of paying out Silver Coins pays out Tokens in different amounts depending on the rarety of the items wich can be used at the same stall to purchase other rare items

items like:
Candy Basket
Previous Christmas and Event Clothes/Items
possibly more
Heffernan

Re: Providence Tokens

Postby Forungi » Sun May 14, 2017 7:36 pm

A mechanic only useful to you, no thanks.
Forungi

Postby Heffernan » Sun May 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Forungi wrote:A mechanic only useful to you, no thanks.

how so? every now and then new players buy items from the shop and they get no need for them so they can trade it away for tokens and get usefull items for lowers like insp pots, F&F pots, tools etc... ofcourse expensive at that stall but atleast a way to get rid of your unneeded items
Heffernan

Postby Kandarim » Sun May 14, 2017 7:51 pm

no - the largest part of those item's worth comes from being discontinued and not being available anymore.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun May 14, 2017 7:52 pm

In the short term this would certainly benefit Heffernan as he has bought a lot of items a low prices from newbies. But if the stall was prominent enough, maybe mentioned in the shop, it would hurt him in the long run as the newbies might have a better idea of the value of their shop items and a good place to trade them up. However, I'm not sure if this is a mechanic we'd want. It kinda negates all the random nature of some of the store boxes. I suppose it all depends what we put in this theoretical stall and the exchange rate of tokens. We wouldn't be putting legacy items in it, but maybe other store items.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Heffernan » Sun May 14, 2017 7:59 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:In the short term this would certainly benefit Heffernan as he has bought a lot of items a low prices from newbies. But if the stall was prominent enough, maybe mentioned in the shop, it would hurt him in the long run as the newbies might have a better idea of the value of their shop items and a good place to trade them up. However, I'm not sure if this is a mechanic we'd want. It kinda negates all the random nature of some of the store boxes. I suppose it all depends what we put in this theoretical stall and the exchange rate of tokens. We wouldn't be putting legacy items in it, but maybe other store items.

i see the problem when a new player wants a nice weapon, buys weapon boxes and gets 5 Canes so he could trade the 5 canes at the stall for other items like a Redcoats Musket or a Sword

maybe JC could also just place every or some individual item in the shop instead of making a box that has 30 different hats and when you try to get a specific one u have to buy 50 boxes, same for weapons, tools or furniture
Heffernan

Postby Taipion » Sun May 14, 2017 8:11 pm

Heffernan wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:In the short term this would certainly benefit Heffernan as he has bought a lot of items a low prices from newbies. But if the stall was prominent enough, maybe mentioned in the shop, it would hurt him in the long run as the newbies might have a better idea of the value of their shop items and a good place to trade them up. However, I'm not sure if this is a mechanic we'd want. It kinda negates all the random nature of some of the store boxes. I suppose it all depends what we put in this theoretical stall and the exchange rate of tokens. We wouldn't be putting legacy items in it, but maybe other store items.

i see the problem when a new player wants a nice weapon, buys weapon boxes and gets 5 Canes so he could trade the 5 canes at the stall for other items like a Redcoats Musket or a Sword

maybe JC could also just place every or some individual item in the shop instead of making a box that has 30 different hats and when you try to get a specific one u have to buy 50 boxes, same for weapons, tools or furniture

There are actually a ton of ways how a newbie can get ingame cash from real cash. (And buy a nice weapon with that cash)
The safest way is probably to just buy silver for real cash, though that won't get you much for your bucks.
The second safest way would be, to trade with some trusted trader and just buy from the shop what they want, this though requires already a good bit of knowledge on the forum and the game.

Anyways, if you have a box with random content, then it is though not nice but totally valid to have blanks besides valuable items.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby gorniksam » Sun May 14, 2017 9:21 pm

Kandarim wrote:no - the largest part of those item's worth comes from being discontinued and not being available anymore.
gorniksam

Postby belgear » Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Neat thought, but I feel like that would wreck the point of economy simulator.
belgear
Customer

Return to Ideas & Innovations