Why does daopa...

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Is Salem streaming? Check here!

Postby Dallane » Fri May 12, 2017 2:34 pm

daopa wrote:
Dallane wrote:
shizuka wrote:why does daopa view bot himself?

No clue but it's hilarious. He will blame the website but when he isn't online there is the same # of people watching salem or eve every night that doesn't add up correctly. It's more obvious when he plays salem.

My stream is technically 24/7, as soon as I go off a playlist will start up with highlights.

There is a bug on Twitch that will make it so any viewers who are watching on the playlist still get counted for whatever game I'm listed under. I believe this is what your seeing ...

Yea you could be right. I honestly don't really know enough about it other than to say it's weird. Like if you streamed salem for the day I would see salem with like 100ish viewers but no one playing till you would start streaming something else.

I'm not use to the website deal. I find it really odd that there are quite a few people watching but zero community or interactions really. Other eve streams has people asking questions and getting involved sort of. Could just be me being ignorant but again I really don't know enough about it other than it's odd.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby daopa » Fri May 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Dallane wrote:Yea you could be right. I honestly don't really know enough about it other than to say it's weird. Like if you streamed salem for the day I would see salem with like 100ish viewers but no one playing till you would start streaming something else.

Its a long time bug, I reported it and they dont seem to care. All streamers who have playlists when their channel is offline, their numbers still get counted in whatever game they were listed under.

Dallane wrote:I'm not use to the website deal. I find it really odd that there are quite a few people watching but zero community or interactions really. Other eve streams has people asking questions and getting involved sort of. Could just be me being ignorant but again I really don't know enough about it other than it's odd.

Many big media websites all embed streams on the sidebar or in other sections.

For instant Twitter:
http://i.imgur.com/nY1Ruhm.jpg

Foxnews:
http://i.imgur.com/lP2TPX8.jpg

Its pretty standard now across the board... I run a small gaming channel and I embed that to my gaming related blogs / websites - just like Foxnews does with their channel. Its pretty simple...
daopa
Customer

Postby Dallane » Fri May 12, 2017 3:04 pm

If you are making money off this then more power to you but after reading what you are actually doing I think I agree with everyone else in those threads you have linked. It might not be against ToS with twitch but it's def abusing the system. You have 100 "viewers" atm and 13 not counting me actual people watching. You set up a bunch of websites with popular games and promote yourself to get "fake" views. You can abuse the system in more ways than one doing this without anyone really knowing. You call that a success but is it really? You have a dead stream with essentially ghost watching you. You have no community on any of your social media, just you promoting yourself.

Like I said if you are able to make a living off this then great it's a monetary success. I dunno how much you make off it but I don't imagine it's a quit your day job type of thing. A nice little beer money operation. I think most people see a successful stream as you interacting with your audience and building your own little community. I think that is where a majority of the hate from other people is coming from and not that they are jealous of you. Saying people are jealous of your success kinda makes you look like a total *******. Your article comes off really badly to me.

I am however interested in this now since I've dove a little deeper. I got a nice little break from work atm so I'll do some more research on this to be better informed and maybe change my opinion.

Edit:

Many big media websites all embed streams on the sidebar or in order sections.

Yes I understand what large media sites do. That doesn't change the fact that you don't have actual viewers. You never really talk about the fact that there isn't a community. You just keep repeating the embedded thing over an over thinking that people will just get it for some odd reason.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby daopa » Fri May 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Dallane wrote:That doesn't change the fact that you don't have actual viewers.

This is false, you have no way to determine viewership period.

Just because I focus on external promotion of my stream and its being consumed outside of twitch doesn't make that FAKE at all.
daopa
Customer

Postby Dallane » Fri May 12, 2017 8:22 pm

daopa wrote:This is false, you have no way to determine viewership period.

Not atm I don't but as I said I'll be looking into it.

daopa wrote:Just because I focus on external promotion of my stream and its being consumed outside of twitch doesn't make that FAKE at all.

It is fake tho. You have ZERO community. Literally no one is watching you mine or do L4s. There is a guy who blazes for 8 hours straight with slightly less amount of viewers and it is a constant stream of communication and activity in his twitch channel. He also doesn't blast the advertisements every few mins. I give up trying to decloak you during the catch battles just because I got tired of the advertisement bombardment

Grats on ignoring everything else I said about why people are hating on you.

Dallane

Postby daopa » Fri May 12, 2017 9:14 pm

Dallane wrote:It is fake tho. You have ZERO community. Literally no one is watching you mine or do L4s.

If I had zero community, my viewership would reflect just that ... but it doesnt - just because you dont like the stream content doesnt mean others dont watch.
daopa
Customer

Postby Dallane » Fri May 12, 2017 9:53 pm

daopa wrote:
Dallane wrote:It is fake tho. You have ZERO community. Literally no one is watching you mine or do L4s.

If I had zero community, my viewership would reflect just that ... but it doesnt - just because you dont like the stream content doesnt mean others dont watch.

If you had a community you would have actual viewers and people interacting with you on social media AND YOUR CHANNEL.

I never said I didn't like the stream content. I watch people mine more than I do pvp in eve because I love to mine. Every other miner has a active chat channel and people actually communicating with them outside of twitch. I used the example of mining and L4s because most people think that is the most boring content ever and other people who do these activities will have a full chat room and interactions with much less people. I specifically used hateless as a example because he is the only person who does blazing and has close to the same amount of viewers as you. The only difference is that he has real viewers.

I also think it's odd that since I called out the ghost numbers running 24/7 you aren't broadcasting with the eve tag. Today.

How do you constantly have aprox the same amount of viewers every single day for the last few years? If you were actually streaming with real people watching then your community should at least be growing in viewers instead of staying the same. With 150-200 people always watching even when you are offline then you should have some sort of word of mouth advertisements. You would have people highlighting you and posting about it on reddit and other social media. If you actually had a constant 200 some viewers that actively watched you then the real number would maybe be doubled since not everyone can constantly watch at the same time. You should have AT LEAST one fan boy taking up your cause to defend you on here and the eve subreddit. Instead it's just everyone calling you out for fake views. With those view numbers you should at least have more people looking into salem and wanting to play and help you out in game. None of that is happening. You can scream and cry about embedding all you like but the logical numbers just don't add up.

Dallane

Postby daopa » Fri May 12, 2017 10:50 pm

Stop trying to compare my stream vs other streamers..

I do streaming very different from a majority of what your viewing. I stay away from gimmicks, no overlay and limited "mic" commentary.

What your view of community is very different from what mine is, my community revolves around my content, if i had **** content, I wouldn't have a community period.

And Guess what? My content and community is outside of Twitch, like I noted already.

How many different times do I need to correct you cuz your flat out wrong?

I also think it's odd that since I called out the ghost numbers running 24/7 you aren't broadcasting with the eve tag. Today.

Wrong, here is proof from a 3rd party stats site:
http://twinge.tv/daopa/streams/#/25240341232
http://twinge.tv/daopa/streams/#/25246899408

Note the NA? that means NO game listed.

How do you constantly have aprox the same amount of viewers every single day for the last few years?

Wrong again, proof from 3rd party site:
http://twinge.tv/daopa/growth/#/855

It goes up and down alot thru out the years.

With those view numbers you should at least have more people looking into salem and wanting to play and help you out in game.

I refer people to salem as much as possible, its one of the main reasons why I stream it time to time. I have been offered to play in a town, but I choose not to. People have helped me out and I have also helped others out too many times with things.
daopa
Customer

Postby Dallane » Fri May 12, 2017 11:40 pm

daopa wrote:Stop trying to compare my stream vs other streamers..

I do streaming very different from a majority of what your viewing. I stay away from gimmicks, no overlay and limited "mic" commentary.

What your view of community is very different from what mine is, my community revolves around my content, if i had **** content, I wouldn't have a community period.

And Guess what? My content and community is outside of Twitch, like I noted already.

A botted community and fake content. Grats. Thats not how the streaming community works and you know this. If you had a community outside of twitch then as I said you would have a actual presence with your fanbase.

daopa wrote:I refer people to salem as much as possible, its one of the main reasons why I stream it time to time. I have been offered to play in a town, but I choose not to. People have helped me out and I have also helped others out too many times with things.

If you were doing this (your not) then there would be a ton more people playing salem and growing the community. People IN THE COMMUNITY have helped you out yes. However you don't have any of your "viewers" here doing that.

You are still ignoring and picking out a few choice sentences and ignoring a majority of what I have said to fit your narrative. If you had a community then they would be here not only defending you but playing the game and growing the community. Instead as usual it's you defending your gimmick.

It's not a big deal you found a way to farm advertisements every 5 mins for a xtra 5 dollars a month.

Dallane

Postby daopa » Fri May 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Dallane wrote:A botted community and fake content. Grats.

Fill free to continue your false accusations. I understand being wrong in so many fronts is troublesum to ya, if it makes you feel better to continue to spew falsehoods then by all means continue on.
daopa
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill